Photo

Battlestar Galactica Action Figures!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

Let's not forget SGA and series 3 of SG1. I am looking forward to all of them.

#22 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

I'm going to focus on SG-1/Atlantis first, then move onto BSG later on sometime maybe.

#23 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Whoa. Samwise Gangee mentioned in the "Ask Donster" thread that the BSG figures are being done by Jean St. Jean studios now. Is this confirmed? Why is that? Why isn't AA doing this line? They are the ones that originally had the Galactica license.

#24 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

AA and Jean St. Jean are working together on these.

#25 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

Interesting. I wonder why that is.

#26 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, AA is doing the art, while Jean St. Jean is sculpting.
Here is the article:
http://www.actionfig...Interview.shtml (the last question before the marvel section and the first question in the BSG section)

Personally, I would have loved to see AA do them but maybe they are too busy with Trek.

#27 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

While I do like what Jean St. Jean has done with the Stargate line, I have to admit that I personally prefer AA's sculpting style for the TNG line more than I like the style that SG1 is being done in. We'll see, I guess. I have confidence in JSJ, so I know they won't be bad. But I'm not sure if I will like these as much as I like the Trek figures now.

#28 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:41 AM

I am the opposite. I like the Star Trek figures but like the Stargate figure sculpts much better. They look more realisitc and less cartoony. I also like the detail that JSJ puts into the clothing and uniforms. I think that since BSG is such a dark and gritty show they need to be made more realistic which JSJ is better at doing then AA.

#29 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Well, pics are up.
http://www.wizarduni...e/003419573.cfm
I must say, I am saddened by these. sad.gif

#30 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

doesnt look like there is a lot of articulation there from those pics. Bring on some original BSG!

#31 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm, not what I was expecting for the first release.... although Six was a given.

#32 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

These look like initial prototypes, so I'm going to reserve judgement until we see something closer to production. However, I'm not impressed at this point, especially with Six. Chief Tyrol, while not bad, isn't great either. He's just decent. Apollo looks to be the best of the bunch, but he's just good and not mind-blowing.

#33 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, to me, the biggest problem with Tyrol is how skinny he is. I really hope they all change drastically before their release. It's odd that we'll be getting a figure of Hotdog before his real life dad, Papadama. tongue.gif

#34 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

My guess is he is just a different head on Apollo's body. So he's a cheap way to get a chase figure and an additional character.

#35 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:02 PM

The only thing that really disappoints me is how frakin' SKINNY Chief looks. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to these and any variants.

#36 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

hmmm...i can see my preference coming out. the art done by art asylum was stellar. I was really excited. now seeing the prototypes Ive lost some of that excitement. all three are decent but nothing spectacular. I couldnt even identify who tyrol was at first. six seems average. I dont like the color of the flight suit on lee nor the chest piece. it looks too flat or something. I think the flight suit needs to be less gold and more green. oh well...hopefully this isnt the final product

#37 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

Well these are just prototypes and I think pretty good ones too. Keep in mind that the SG1 prototypes looked realy rough and had almost no articulation as well. Then when they came out they were much better. I am looking forward to these and plan to reserve judgment untill I get at least one in my hand.

#38 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:30 PM

Six characters in wave 1!
Here's hoping they are as good as Atlantis and they redo the current protos.

#39 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hey, Hot Dog is going to be in dress blues! Cool!

Helo and Sam in wave 1 as well. Surprising.

Looks like DST is trying new things with the wave structures. Which is nice. Hopefully they find a good formula, although I think the structure of the SG1 line is perfect. If DS9 turns out to be structured like what it looks like from what they've shown at Toy Fair, that will be equally perfect as well. Although the structure of the BSG wave may be at the request of the studio, or just to strike while the iron is at its hottest.

#40 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

Apollo (in flight suit)
Chief Tyrol
Cylon Number Six
Hot Dog (in dress blues)
Helo
Samuel Anders

Does this seem like the weirdest lineup of figures ever produced? Anders seems like a very odd choice and Hotdog in dress blues even weirder. I havent started wtaching season 3 yet (i like watching everything on dvd) so maybe this will clear these choices up once i see it. Please no spoilers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users