Prometheus's Content

There have been 10 items by Prometheus (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#97714 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Prometheus on 19 September 2022 - 08:43 PM in Playmates

Hello all!! So far I have purchased Spock, Data, Burnam, and Saru.... I hate to say this, but out of these four, Data is the weakest figure... He seems like he is in a different scale from the other 3. His head is very large and his hands seem small due to the odd proportions. I really like Spock and the two Discovery figues.

#97654 1/1000 Enterprise D

Posted by Prometheus on 23 July 2022 - 03:12 PM in Ertl / AMT

Round 2 reps made an appearance at the recent Wonderfest 2022. In a Q&A session they announced that a 1/1000 Enterprise D is under serious consideration as one of their up coming models. It would be over 2 ft long.

I highly suggest, anyone who wants to see this happen, you email the company to tell them you would buy it.

My fingers are crossed considering the Eaglemoss partwork will most likely not be completed now.

#97648 Eaglemoss has gone belly up!!!

Posted by Prometheus on 21 July 2022 - 04:26 PM in Everything else.

Personally, I have been subscribed to the Build The Enterprise D partwork from day one. Im very sad because I am 60% done and most likely wont get to finish it.

#97636 Eaglemoss has gone belly up!!!

Posted by Prometheus on 17 July 2022 - 09:51 PM in Everything else.

Its official.... The UK based company has gone bankrupt. It has been reported on a number of news sites. I, personally, have purchased a number of ships from them over the years. I am especially disappointed because I have completed 60% of the Build up of the large Enterprise D partwork.

Many people are in speculation about the final outcome of this process. An administrator is taking control of the company but it is still unclear about the final outcome. Im personally hoping that they are bought out by another company and they continue with business... but Im not sure how realistic that is.

#97474 Eaglemoss Build the Enterprise D Partswork

Posted by Prometheus on 24 January 2022 - 07:23 PM in Everything else.

PS.... I did use Mike's decals.... I just couldn't bring myself to use the dry transfers... Way too expensive. I hope Mike does a dry transfer for the Registry.... Word is that EM/HC is planning on sending us a water slide decal. I dont think that's a smart move.

#97473 Eaglemoss Build the Enterprise D Partswork

Posted by Prometheus on 24 January 2022 - 07:20 PM in Everything else.

Hey Alteran!I have been using thin electricians tape for light blocking. I'm putting it inbetween the panel connections on the light reflectors. So far, so good. Personally I am enjoying this build even though a lot of people are complaining.

Yours looks great!! You are further along than me.

#97472 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Prometheus on 24 January 2022 - 07:12 PM in Playmates

I'm pretty happy with the figures and TOS Enterprise.... The Phaser is pretty weak.

I love the nostalgia factor for the figures... The head sculpts are pretty good also.

#97456 WIP USS Defiant 3D-print build.

Posted by Prometheus on 14 January 2022 - 04:36 PM in Custom ships

Destructor! This is a work of pure genius!! Just amazing. Totally blown away!

#97455 Eaglemoss Build the Enterprise D Partswork

Posted by Prometheus on 14 January 2022 - 04:26 PM in Everything else.

Sure! When I get home I will post a picture. You get 4 packs every month and 1 magazine that gives you directions for all 4 packs. The total number of packs is 120 for the full build.... So you are looking at 30 months to completion.

The price is the scary part... When all is said and done you are looking at over 1500.00. It's a huge model though and half of it is metal.

#97453 Eaglemoss Build the Enterprise D Partswork

Posted by Prometheus on 14 January 2022 - 01:09 AM in Everything else.

Greetings fellow Trekkers.... I have been building the 1/980 Eaglemoss/ Hero Collector Enterprise D Partswork since January of last year.

It has been both amazing and also difficult at times. The model itself incorporates both Diecast parts and plastic. It is a rather cool build up but very complicated as it does include a complete lighting system.

This is not cheap, nor for the faint of heart. The entire run of monthly shipped parts takes 2 and a half years to reach completion. I am one year in.

The top of my Saucer is nearing completion,  I'm half way done with the port Nacelle and the neck is done.

I'm including some images to show what I have completed. As I've said, this isnt for everyone and it isnt cheap. Oh.... The completed ship will measure almost 28" long.

Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/jEoJ0zb.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/Ump2m4n.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/aUBsid1.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/4eyaXYy.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/5yXv6EC.jpeg