Photo

Ask DST #277: The Star Trek Mission Continues!

Reliant

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

No,not really suggesting a mirror universe ship. And the BoP does of course not fall under the Federation ship so that's not the IT being lied about. Yep,I still say they're pulling a JJ and just outright lie about it since they don't wanna tell anyone yet. Plain and simple. But if it was a new movie ship,I'd be VERY happy,lol!

J-R!

#22 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

They would have made great two packs, even if they were mostly reuses. They could have put a new head sculpt with almost no original parts. We could have had each reissue with someone new.
You can't have everything, where would you put it?

#23 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

In my house? LOL! Of COURSE we can have everything.....if we really wanted to. lol. Luckily I've never been,or ever will be,a completest. Whatever I like,I buy. Yes,I get caught up in The Moment.....hmmm,good movie title,lol.....and especially at cons where my short attention span is overloaded and I'm on hyper alertness. At least that's what I TELL myself,lol! I'm actually not,I'm more like,OMGTHISISOCOOL!!! INEEDTHIS!!!!NOIWANTTHIS!!!!,and so on. It's very......hyper....if you will. I've even ended up buying nothing but two magazines,lol! ST Magazine and SW Insider,latest issues,LOL! How perfectly INSANE is that! lol.

Ok,a little hyper right now,calming down.......maybe,hopefully.....now.

So anyways,if I like this new ship I will of course buy it. If I like the con exclusive I will of course buy it. Even if I don't like exclusives. But sometimes something comes along that you think,THAT is cool and I want it,and go for it. Some are harder to get than others. Yes,I'm looking at you,Hascrap! And others are fairly easy. It kinda depends on what people like as well,of course. Scalpers will buy anything,naturally,but I go for the more....quiet exclusives,the ones that people don't talk about much,lol. Yep,they're out there.

Hopefully DST can tell us SOMEthing at Comic Con about this ship they're so darn secretive about. Are they nervous? Are they thinking,omg nobody's gonna buy THIS one! Are they waiting for the right time? Well there IS no right time,so get crackin' and just casually mention it in one of these Ask DST dealios. Y'know,just.....oh and by the way guys,the new movie Enterprise is our next ship,hope y'all like it,it's a doozy! lol!

J-R!

#24 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

You know... I had a thought... What if they really are working on the JJprise.. Think about it... Many people don't like it and perhaps the reason they only showed off the R-BOP is that DST is still in negotiations with CBS. I mean why all the unusual secrecy and cloak and dagger with the "Federation Ship"?? It kinda all makes sense.

Maybe they don't have the factory sample yet and want to wait with the official announcement until they can say wether they like what the factory made or not... maybe they already got it and didn't like it. Or they need another 2-3 years (again) to finally bring the ship to stores and don't want to excite people prematurely.

#25 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

Gonna be honest, I don't really like the Reliant or the Miranda class in general.. I'd buy it to go along with my TWOK, but I wouldn't be terribly excited for it.

The JJPrise on the other hand would be a nice surprise, I love that ship and know DST would do a damn good job on it. It would also make sense since the movie is coming out next year, and its the 50th. I just hope if they do make it, that its bigger then the TOS/TWOK Enterprise.

#26 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

Honestly, I don't think DST would get the JJPrise out in time for the next movie or even 2016 in general, except they had that ship planned into the smallest factory details already some years ago and are ready to go whenever they'd get the rights from Paramount/CBS. I think that was one of the reasons the rights for the first movie were handed to Playmates, at least for the ship model and the figure lines.

Of course, DST should take their time to get the models right, but big movie companies think about the merchandising quite far into the movie shooting/post production. I am hoping that at least Playmates will re-release the JJPrise, maybe even with some updates. A DST JJPrise would be a nice model anyways!

#27 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

If Playmates re-releases the JJPrise they'd have to fix the sculpt since the nacelles don't seem right on it. I'd also like to see them put some effort into the paint, and try to cover up the screw holes... But the stand was great, so keep that the same. 

#28 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

C'mon, the visible screw holes are kind of a trademark for Playmates Star Trek ships ;)

Another thought occured to me, what if the next fed ship from DST is indeed the Reliant, but they think lots of folks will be upset because not getting the Ent-C, Defiant or Voyager, which have been "desired" over and over again?(Much more than the Reliant, at least)

#29 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

C'mon, the visible screw holes are kind of a trademark for Playmates Star Trek ships ;)

Another thought occured to me, what if the next fed ship from DST is indeed the Reliant, but they think lots of folks will be upset because not getting the Ent-C, Defiant or Voyager, which have been "desired" over and over again?

I will give Playmates some credit with their 09 JJPrise, they did paint on the details vs using horrible stickers... So it was a step in the right direction. 

A decent amount of people have asked for the Reliant too, so while I'm sure some people would be upset, I couldn't imagine it being a lot of them. 

#30 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

Chuck said fans would be upset. The last time that was used, we got the Romulan Bird of Prey. I've no idea what Federation ship could upset people, but the JJ-prise is looking like a safe bet now, especially considering the secrecy.

#31 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

It also fits being big enough to justify being made, a Federation ship, and hasn't been straight up denied... They've just mentioned rights... which could be a lie if they are still in talks, or working out specifics. 

It also excites me because that could mean we'd get a Kelvin at some point.

Unless of course we're just grasping at straws due to lack of/mixed information.

#32 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

I suggested it could be the JJPrise back in December based on the angry comment.

http://www.trektoy.c...ge=5#entry78513

Then DSTZach said "No JJPrise".

http://www.trektoy.c...ic=5425&p=78663

I suppose it is possible he was lying.

Anyway if it turns out to be true, just remember -- I predicted it first!!!  :)

#33 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

By DSTZach:

"No JJPrise. I can't imagine anyone being angry about that. Plenty of requests, maybe more than the C, but it's just not happening."

That sounds like he really would love to produce the JJPrise. Maybe they finally got a way working around those rights issues and have them now or for 2016 exclusively.

#34 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

This is why I wish there was better communication.. The AskDSTs are nice, but they give so much vague/mixed information its impossible to figure anything out. 

A Federation ship that is big enough to get enough sales to justify, that would make fans upset, that hasn't been denied, doesn't exist. Sure the new Trek may not be the most popular, but the ship designs seem to be so I don't see it upsetting people much either. 

#35 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

I almost wish they didnt have AskDSTs because all they do is stir up controversy.  They give zero info.  

#36 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Well I do love the Reliant/Miranda class and I would welcome just about any federation ship that hasn't already been done (or more Klingon ships) except the JJPrise.

#37 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

Im wondering if the upset remark is a reference to Voyager's less than sterling reputation among the fanbase.  

#38 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:46 AM

No way. Voyager wasn't to my or a lot of other peoples tastes, but the ship and at least Captain Janeway are worthy of being loved - gorgeous design, and a strong woman in charge.

It'd take a big effort on DST's part to get me buying a Voyager though (that's if they even make it - DSTChuck: No, not “anytime soon.”), but that's only because I have the Bandai Voyager, which I doubt will ever be beaten. :)

#39 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

I cant think of any ship that hasnt been mentioned before?  If it was Voyager then I would love it but I cant think there would be that many people pissed that it was Voyager.

#40 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

I asked DST on there facebook page about if the new fed ship will be announced at the con in Chicago coming up and he said its almost ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users