• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

I'll buy it anyway but i'd rather the new fed ship be either Voyager or the Defiant.

#22 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

I'd be cool with the Grissom, it's a unique little ship. And I think it embodies all that the Federation stands for, not overly gunned, Science driven, etc. It'd make a decent DST ship 'cause it doesn't have much in the line of lighting effects - really just the impulse engine, I could see them doing the running light strobes as well.

C'mon DST, make the Grissom!

#23 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:17 PM

Just to be clear, I'm only joking regards wanting the Grissom being the next ship (little bit of sarcasm relating to 'everyone' wanting the next alien ship to be the Romulan Bird of Prey) - however, I'd love a big Oberth class model! I'm a massive fan of all the little ships from Star Trek, but I'd be gutted if they chose this before the Defiant, Reliant or Voyager.

#24 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

I don't like either the Defiant or Voyager, so I'd be gutted if they chose those over the Reliant or Grissom. I'm of the belief that they should complete eras before starting another, but they're doing things randomly; so be it.

#25 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

You don't like either the Defiant, or Voyager? I take it you're a bit older than me then, and possibly grew up in the 60's? ;)

But honestly dude, you've nothing to worry about in my opinion regarding the Reliant. I'm 1864% sure she's the next Federation ship they're making. As for the Grissom (it's been a bit of a running joke here since they announced the Romulan Bird of Prey like I said), I honestly don't think it stands a good chance of being made, I'm afraid. I do love the ship/design, but I can't see them choosing that over the main ships from the other two series. Then again, this is DST, who like you say, are doing stuff completely randomly, so you never know! I'd buy it and love it, but really don't think it should be given precedence over the hero ships of both Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. Being fair as well, TOS/TMP-UC fans have been spoilt rotten by DST. So many versions of the original Enterprise, refit, A, and now Excelsior, as well as the Phasers, Tricorders and figures. After the Reliant, I think us TNG/DS9/Voyager fans deserve a little bit of love to be honest, wouldn't you agree? :)

#26 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

The Excelsior wasn't a "main ship." Plus, Reliant is "Khan's ship" and more people like TWOK than Voyager or DS9. Put a big picture of Ricardo Montalban on the box...people will buy it. As for us fans, they know we'll buy just about anything they put out.

#27 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

At this point I'd be surprised if it wasn't the Reliant. The alien ship was up in the air until they announced the BoP, but there's only a few Federation ships that are big enough for DST to do. The Reliant is the only one that hasn't been denied recently. 

#28 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

But like I said earlier,hasn't just about every ship been denied? Or at least not confirmed,lol. Do the Reliant,get it over and done with so we can move on to other ships.

J-R!

#29 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

More people like TWOK than Voyager or DS9.

Nigel, how many of those 'people' (I'm assuming you don't mean fans, as you made that distinction in your post) would be able to tell you the name of Khan's ship from the film, though? ;)

Humour aside, I agree with you, and further more, the Reliant is a ship that should've been made years ago - even before the Excelsior in my opinion (simply due to it being Khan's ship - surely a win/win in terms of satisfying the fans, and sales?). After that though, I would appreciate them moving away from the original series and accompanying movies in terms of ships - thus why I've been joking lately about wanting the Grissom before anything else!

Grissom's a lovely little ship by the way (and I would definitely take a big model of her), but it'd be outrageous if it was made by DST before the Defiant/Voyager/Enterprise-C. I mean I'd laugh my a*** off, but surely you agree? :)

#30 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

And I have to say I don't buy just about anything they put out,I buy what I like,and if I don't like it it stays on the shelf for the next person who might like it. I don't buy just for the sake of buying. I could,and maybe I should,but I don't. Of course,I don't buy just Trek stuff and I'm not a completist,so I guess that helps,,lol.

J-R!

#31 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

The Excelsior as a class itself I see as a "main" ship just because of how common they were, 90% of episodes during TNG that there was another Federation ship, it was an Excelsior class. Not to mention the canon fodder in DS9. 

#32 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

sigh...forget I said anything

#33 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

lol! Feel free to say anything you want Nigel,but you'll probably get a response when saying things that's not true for everyone. Just sayin'.

J-R!

#34 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

I simply meant that DST is going for the best sellers not necessarily the "main ships." I'd love to have a Voyager and Defiant too. But the Reliant would probably be a better seller and is the likeliest choice for them and I do like that ship a lot too so I just want to encourage them to follow through.

#35 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

Sounds logical. And how many years haven't people been on and on about a Reilant. Like I said,do it and get it over with so we can get to some other ships,lol.

J-R!

#36 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:01 AM

That is most certainly what they're doing, at least with the Federation ship. Excelsior is a very popular ship, and like I said was pretty heavily featured in TNG and DS9, and gave them the option of making the B.  

I also agree I want the Reliant out of the way so I can get my damn Enterprise C, or Voyager. Also, the Defiant to a lesser extent

The RBoP doesn't seem to fit that theory though. I feel the K'Tinga would outsell the BoP. Maybe the rerelease of the HD Enterprise will help boost its sales though. 

#37 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

That is most certainly what they're doing, at least with the Federation ship. Excelsior is a very popular ship, and like I said was pretty heavily featured in TNG and DS9, and gave them the option of making the B.  

I also agree I want the Reliant out of the way so I can get my damn Enterprise C, or Voyager. Also, the Defiant to a lesser extent

The RBoP doesn't seem to fit that theory though. I feel the K'Tinga would outsell the BoP. Maybe the rerelease of the HD Enterprise will help boost its sales though. 

I agree about the K'Tinga. That would sell bigtime I bet. I would totally buy one.

#38 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

No one's being negative here that I can see?! We're just having a conversation with each other, surely?  :wacko:  :D

I agree about the ship choices for the most part. There's no denying that anything involving the original crew will sell bucket-loads. It's just that this company has had the license for almost a decade now - arguably longer if you still count Art Asylum, and combined with them being really slow to bring out new products (something I don't mind much, for the record), that means that with the exception of the 1701-D and 1701-E, every ship and trek-tek item has been from the original series or accompanying movies. I love all of Star Trek, but especially TNG and DS9 as I grew up with them, so it's been undeniably frustrating year after year, not even seeing a phaser until just last month. lol

I hope you see that I do understand the business side, but speaking on a personal level - waiting for my favourite ship has been incredibly frustrating! I was 15 when I bought the NX-01, and I never imagined for a second that I'd be in my thirties by the time they'd get around to making the Defiant - if they even do it! :lol:

As regards them making the R-BoP over the K't'inga/D7, that's old hat to me now, but still baffling. Has anyone else noticed though, how the several companies making bigger models and toys (QMX, Round2 and AMT/Ertl) have all released new ship products within the last year and a half, consisting of mainly the Reliant and Romulan Bird of Prey? Seems more than a coincidence to me...

#39 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

HEY!,don't call me Shirley! My name's John-Robin! LOL! Yeah,just a little conversation. And Alteran,don't forget to check out that nice pic of Enterprise C on trekcollective. I kinda like it,lol!

J-R!

#40 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

Nigel, how many of those 'people' (I'm assuming you don't mean fans, as you made that distinction in your post) would be able to tell you the name of Khan's ship from the film, though? ;)

Humour aside, I agree with you, and further more, the Reliant is a ship that should've been made years ago - even before the Excelsior in my opinion (simply due to it being Khan's ship - surely a win/win in terms of satisfying the fans, and sales?). After that though, I would appreciate them moving away from the original series and accompanying movies in terms of ships - thus why I've been joking lately about wanting the Grissom before anything else!

Grissom's a lovely little ship by the way (and I would definitely take a big model of her), but it'd be outrageous if it was made by DST before the Defiant/Voyager/Enterprise-C. I mean I'd laugh my a*** off, but surely you agree? :)

I've simply observed that Wrath of Khan is frequently listed as a favourite by both hardcore fans and people with a passing interest in Star Trek. I've seen a lot of people say they don't like Voyager and DS9 or they haven't even watched it. I've seen every episode of every series multiple times and I love DS9 and Voyager. When people see the ship and a picture of Khan they will remember. They don't necessarily need to remember the name. In a perfect world DST would make us whatever ship we want, but they are a business and a company and they need to make a profit to stay afloat. Suggesting ships to them is great, but you should always keep that fact in consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users