• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

I'd like to share my head swaps too. Most are for Starship Exeter, but not all. Starship Exeter can be found at: http://homepage.mac....starshipexeter/ There you can see what the real actors look like. You can see the
action figures here also:

I'll start with a trio someone told me about: TMP Uhura and Ilia Probe, and a Savvik. Simple head swaps and paint make
Movie Uhura, TMP Ilia (still looking for Decker ideas) and a sexy Savvick you shouldn't show your wife/mother.

And now the Cast and crew of Starship Exeter:
First up, Capt. John "Quincy" Garrovick, Captain of the Starship Exeter, as shown in "The Tessaurian Intersection".
TTI is actually the second movie made by these guys. Calhoun's head on a green shirt Kirk.
(Take the Kirk head and put it on Calhoun's body for a real cool looking Kirk.)

Commander Jo Harris is a Jadzia Dax repainted. Note the strap on the tricorder. My first foray into sculpting, LoL.

Commander Paul Cutty is a Sisko head, the bald one with the goatee, on a TOS Scotty body.

B'fuselek is a TOS Andorian on a painted Sulu body. (I couldn't keep buying whole sets for just Scotty)

Chang as his younger self (you'll have to download the first movie "The Savage Empire") is his older self's
head on a TOS Koloth body.

#2 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

Nice job. Our Ilia's and Uhura's look a lot alike. I painted Uhura's neck, department strap and wrist to match the grey she wore in TUC. However I used a Torres head to go on the Ilia body...don't know, she just seemed to match the skin tone the best and I was going to use the Saavik head to try and do a custom Nurse Ogawa.

Regarding Decker, the best custom of him I've seen has been a TMP Spock body with a Pike head and FEMO hair. I'll try and put up a picture when I get home tonight....it's on my home computer.

#3 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

Very nice Tom....I really like the uniform Ilea.

I would like to see the Decker custom you have a pic of Wildcard.

#4 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 11 2007, 04:59 PM) View Post
Very nice Tom....I really like the uniform Ilea.

I would like to see the Decker custom you have a pic of Wildcard.

Thanks, Artistix, and Wildcard, I'd like to see your Ogawa as well. Would maybe a Kieko head work as well?

While I'm posting, I made a Dr. Selar with Sela and a Jadzia Dax. She turned out fair.

#5 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

I didn't around to finishing the Ogawa figure before I moved, so all of her parts are sitting in storage waiting for the day when I get back to her (as well as TWO-TUC Uhura).

As for Decker, here are some of the photos of others' customes I've collected over the years for inspiration. *Please note that these are not my personal customs, I just keep them for future reference and inspiration for when I get back to making mine*:

Here are other customs I've seen and collected on my photobucket album

#6 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Tom Hudspeth @ Apr 11 2007, 07:35 PM) View Post

Wow, Tom! Your Selar looks awesome!!! biggrin.gif

When I was a young'un collecting Playmates figures, I remembering wanting to get two Selas to paint one of their hair black to make a Cmdr. Toreth, but alas... I did not.

#7 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Apr 12 2007, 05:43 PM) View Post
Wow, Tom! Your Selar looks awesome!!! biggrin.gif

When I was a young'un collecting Playmates figures, I remembering wanting to get two Selas to paint one of their hair black to make a Cmdr. Toreth, but alas... I did not.

Nothing is stopping you now!

Now, if I can get a Troi, Picard and Data as Romulans all in uniform, I'll have a Romulan Ship's crew. Man, you guys have inspired me!

#8 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

It's been a while since I updated this, and I just finished a bit character, soooo...

Klingons have taken over the "Pigs in Space" bridge! Chang is in charge!

The Exeter crew

The new kid, Capt Costas of the U.S.S. Kongo NCC-1710

#9 hemble

hemble

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:military models, Star Trek, custom figures

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Great work on the figures and a nice tribute the the fan series well done indeed.

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users