29 replies to this topic

#1 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:07 AM

It seems everyone is talking about the myspace phenomenon and I'm surprised no one has brought it up here before. Does anyone here have a page? Post a link to your page here. smile.gif

http://www.myspace.com/masonedwards

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Mason @ Apr 16 2007, 07:07 AM) View Post
Does anyone here have a page? Post a link to your page here. smile.gif

http://www.myspace.com/chalksquared

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

http://www.myspace.com/slayerone76

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

http://www.myspace.com/jmwii

#5 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

www.myspace.com/gdoke for public profile (aka the one for college and HS friends, former students, and other professional contacts)

www.myspace.com/excaliber1377 for a more private feel wink.gif (aka the one for my more devious circle of friends )

P.S. Mason buddy, I forget how "freakishly" tall you are sometimes. wink.gif

#6 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

I decided to invite y'all to "be my MySpace friend"...

#7 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

I was wondering who that was. You will be added to my collective (once my page starts working again). Resistance is futile.

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

why yes look at the old Signature Line!! I don't have a personal one yet, maybe someday.

#9 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

I closed my Myspace account.

With the business I am in (pro wrestling), it is better for me to leave my personal details to myself.

#10 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 17 2007, 01:41 PM) View Post

With the business I am in (pro wrestling), it is better for me to leave my personal details to myself.

Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I thought if anyone would have one, it'd be you Sammy. smile.gif

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

No. Myspace is a social networking site and, seeing as I'm somewhat anti-social, I don't have a page there. wink.gif

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:12 AM

http://www.myspace.com/thehsbr

#13 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 16 2007, 10:41 PM) View Post

What a cop out! wink.gif

If I can add one thing to this thread. If you guys want to be added to my account, I am honored, but please send me a message with the 'friend request' and tell me who you are. I am very anti-spam and don't approve unless I recognize you. So, please send a message telling other members you are member here and would like to be added.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Mason @ Apr 17 2007, 07:50 PM) View Post
Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I thought if anyone would have one, it'd be you Sammy. smile.gif

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Apr 18 2007, 12:33 AM) View Post
What a cop out! wink.gif

If you knew the business I was in!! biggrin.gif

Though it is a bit of a cop out in Australia, as it is very unlikely my....sexual habits...would be a problem.
Any male wrestler 'outed' in America's WWE is immediately released from their contract.

I should have a Myspace really....I may start one up again soon.

#15 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 18 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post

Though it is a bit of a cop out in Australia, as it is very unlikely my....sexual habits...would be a problem.
Any male wrestler 'outed' in America's WWE is immediately released from their contract.

Yeah, go on!! You think in my line of work, living in a place like Newcastle, that they'd want that sorta thing to get out about me? Even if it did, I personally wouldn't care, but you don't have to put info like that on your page anyway. smile.gif

#16 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 18 2007, 06:33 AM) View Post

I find that utterly apalling. mad.gif

And, no, I don't have a myspace. wink.gif

#17 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 18 2007, 12:33 AM) View Post

I know your probably referring to Chris Kanyon but what about Pat Patterson. He has been openly gay for many years and has held a major position of power within the company. I think Kanyon has been making an issue out of something that is not there. The fact that he was released was simply because he was not all that good not because he was gay. I cant think of anyone off the yop of my head that was also released because fo their sexual preference. Maybe you know a little bit more being an insider about issues in OVW or Deep South. I think the bottom line is if you make money they care less what sexual preference you are.

#18 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Well, this probably isn't a discussion for here...but, until we get in trouble...

Chris Kanyon is an example from a while ago. Pat Patterson is not an on air talent at this time. Orlando Jordan was also given the boot recently...as was Chad Dick....all men were fired right after they were found to be gay.

But all the wrestlers from the WWE stick to the old 'Well, he just wasn't good enough'....all of a sudden, I might add.

The problem for WWE is risking the ultra 'anti gay' heat from the crowd. You really can't push an openly gay man as a 'good guy'...because people will boo him anyway.

So people can go on saying 'well, Patterson is still there & the guys who were fired weren't good enough....blah blah blah...'

But no-one is stupid. Certainly not myself, Chris Kanyon, Chad Dick, Orlando Jordan....or Pat Patterson.

#19 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

i think i'll wade my way into this wrestling discussion (i mean its turned into a wrestling discussion...how could i not get involved lol)

from my understanding, artistix is right...generally wwe wrestlers who are outed do no last long with the company

and yeah, the whole 'he just wasn't good enough' don't quite wash. i remember when jordan first debuted, he was touted as the 'next rock' (a bit extreme maybe, but it shows the guy had talent). and if i'm not mistaken, before he was outed as a bisexual, he was supposedly in line for a major push. then all of a sudden pictures of him getting intimate with another man surface and a few weeks later he's gone

i think patterson maybe the exception to the rule tho..from what i've read he was forced into 'retirement' for having the temerity to suggest to vince that raw ratings would benefit from having less triple h on the show (this was back in late 2004, i think, when hhh had been dominant for almost 2.5 yrs as champ). lo and behold, a few months later triple h took a 3-4 month sabbatical a few months later to 'recharge his batteries' (not that that has anything to do with the current debate, i just find it ironic)

idiots like jim 'warrior warrior' helwig, who maintain that "queerin' don't make the wrold go round" don't help either

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

Id be more than happy to move this into a new topic because I think we have an interesting discussion going on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users