Voyager

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

After watching Endgame I felt like the series ended without satisfaction. Yes they got home but all we see is the ship traveling toward earth. Ive red the homecoming books and got that stuff in there but I wanted to see it in the show. Like many of the Voyager episodes we get the climax and then poof the show is over making me feel cheated like a young boy after a quickie.

#22 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

I disagree, I thought Endgame was the perfect ending for the series. The entire show was about them trying to get home and it ended with them getting home. It would not have been voyager if it took place with them at home, the show was about the journey.

I think that a great idea for a new series would be for them to take several characters from TNG, DS9 and VOY. That way we could little by little find out what happened to all of the shows after they ended and get new adventures with some familiar faces.

#23 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

I loved Endgame. It's the most satisfying conclusion to a Trek series.

"All Good Things..." was not a conclusion, really.
DS9's finale was, IMO, poorly crafted, or at least poorly edited.
ENT's finale was, well, we all know the flaws of that one.

VOY's finale was a resolution of 7 years of the show. I understand the criticism that they should have shown more of their homecoming, but I don't think that was really necessary. Other than that, every criticism of Endgame is just a criticism of the whole 7 years. Obviously, if you didn't enjoy the show up until then, the finale, which was just a Voyager episode on steroids, wasn't going to be your cup of tea. Me, I loved it.

I just picked up the first Homecoming book. Is it good, thehsbr?

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

I agree that Endgame was satisfying but being that it was my favorite Trek I just wanted so much more. I guess they might have figured that a movie could be in the works and is why they left it open. I just thought that they left too many questions hanging such as:
Does Tuvok survive his disease?
Do the Maquis get intergrated into Starfleet?
What happens to any of the crew?
Maybe even just replaying the opening sequence of going over the GGB would have made me feel warm inside. Something like the end of a SW A New Hope ceremony would have been awesome.

Luckily we have the following....

QUOTE(pickard @ Apr 7 2007, 03:12 PM) View Post
I just picked up the first Homecoming book. Is it good, thehsbr?

It is good and really tells the story of why Endgame ended the way it did. Its interesting to see what happens to the characters. The story between the two homecoming books is interesting though to me it felt very different from the tv show. Im pretty sure youll like it. I just finished up the two homecoming books and just started the Spirit Walk series today. Overall Id say the first homecoming book is better than the second because it deals with the finale more. The second book finishes the story they told in the first. Im excited about doing customs for these once the Voy figures get produced!!

#25 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Apr 7 2007, 11:19 PM) View Post
I agree that Endgame was satisfying but being that it was my favorite Trek I just wanted so much more. I guess they might have figured that a movie could be in the works and is why they left it open. I just thought that they left too many questions hanging such as:
Does Tuvok survive his disease?
Do the Maquis get intergrated into Starfleet?
What happens to any of the crew?

I really liked the series, but I agree with thehsbr about it feeling like a quickie and not being satisfied.

But, as to what happens with the crew, I think we can deduce from a few different alternate futures what happens.

Tuvok DOES survive his disease because they said a cure was in the Alpha Quandrant.. The Maquis are exonorated because Torres becomes an ambassador in one future, and in "Timeless" Chakotay is not prosecuted.

It was great to see that Janeway did indeed become an admiral (thanks to "Nemesis"), but it would have been nice to have mentions about others from the series.

No follow up movies were ever planned for "Voyager". I went to a convention the week after it ended with Roxann Dawson and Kate Mulgrew, both saying that no movie was being considered. That question was asked numerous times... along with a bunch of girls telling Mulgrew how "The Q & the Gray" stopped tham from committing suicide.

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Apr 8 2007, 09:11 PM) View Post
along with a bunch of girls telling Mulgrew how "The Q & the Gray" stopped tham from committing suicide.

Hmm interesting repsonse to that episode....how exactly did that help them?

#27 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

My bad...

"Deathwish" was the episode I meant. With so many Q episodes, I get confused.

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:22 AM

Ahh....that makes more sense. I understand very well the Q episode title conumdrum!

#29 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:20 AM

Would anyone know Voyager body count loss?

They lost many in "Caretaker", assumed the Marquis, then lost several along the way.

Then they gained four from Equinox.

Just wondering the compliment that arrived back home.

#30 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Apr 13 2007, 06:20 AM) View Post
Would anyone know Voyager body count loss?

They lost many in "Caretaker", assumed the Marquis, then lost several along the way.

Then they gained four from Equinox.

Just wondering the compliment that arrived back home.

I do know the body count was never kept accurate. I remmeber reading places one epsiode it would be one number and the next it be different. I dont know if there was a final number given anywhere of how many came back....

The other thing I think they started making up was how long the estimated journey was going to be. In almost every eipsode in the last season they kep saying things like "it cut 1/4 off our journey|" or it "cut 10 years off our journey". I dont know if that was kept accurate as well. I will check for you to see if I can find it.

#31 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

If you'll look in the Voyager companion they have a listing of all crew that were named (some never seen) and what their assumed affiliation was. It also contains the list of the names that were listed as being deceased.

On a separate note they also keep track of the shuttles as well.

It's really not that fantastic of a book, but to see those lists it's worth looking at once at least.

#32 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 13 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post
On a separate note they also keep track of the shuttles as well.

Me and my wife were actualy talking about that the other day. It seemed like Voyager was always losing shuttles. They were either getting blown up or crashed on a planet. It always seemed like they had an endless supply of them.

#33 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 13 2007, 12:27 PM) View Post
Me and my wife were actualy talking about that the other day. It seemed like Voyager was always losing shuttles. They were either getting blown up or crashed on a planet. It always seemed like they had an endless supply of them.

Yes. Even though the episode "Alice" occured late in the series, Chakotay still said "we already have a full complement of shuttles" when Tom wanted to acquire the small alien ship. I'm sure they had lost quite a number of them by then.

They also always seemed to have plenty of room in the shuttlebay as well. They not only had their endless supply of shuttles, they also had room to store Neelix's cargo ship, the Delta Flyer (which they also lost and then built another as I recall), and any other alien ships that needed to be brought aboard. It seems they had more room and more shuttles than a Galaxy class starship and they were less than half the size of one.

Although, considering they could build two Delta Flyers, they may have been able to build replacement shuttles as well.

#34 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Apr 14 2007, 07:20 AM) View Post
They also always seemed to have plenty of room in the shuttlebay as well. They not only had their endless supply of shuttles, they also had room to store Neelix's cargo ship, the Delta Flyer (which they also lost and then built another as I recall), and any other alien ships that needed to be brought aboard. It seems they had more room and more shuttles than a Galaxy class starship and they were less than half the size of one.

I had never thought about that biggrin.gif

I did wonder if it would eventually be the main officers alone who made it back to Earth alive!

#35 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Apr 13 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post

You know, that is one of THE biggest wall bashers about Voyager that I had. That shuttlebay looked darn small, and with the ship schematic that we've seen, it didn't look like they could hold Neelix's shuttle AND other shuttles AND the Delta Flyer. I guess maybe they used transporter shrinking technology to store the cargo ala "One Small Ship" [DS9]? LOL

And why could we never see the Aeroshuttle? I was always sad we never got to see that on screen along with the Captain's Yacht from TNG. sad.gif

#36 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 14 2007, 02:04 PM) View Post
And why could we never see the Aeroshuttle? I was always sad we never got to see that on screen along with the Captain's Yacht from TNG. sad.gif

"Taking the Captains Yacht out for a spin?"

I didn't realise we never saw it...sounds really cool! biggrin.gif

#37 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Apr 13 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post
Although, considering they could build two Delta Flyers, they may have been able to build replacement shuttles as well.

You know... I remember watching "Unimatrix Zero, part I" the first time and when the Delta Flyer was destroyed I was shocked. And then a few episodes into the 7th season they just mention how the built another one flippantly. THAT was cheap! They could have made it a little different or something than the exact same ship. I mean, in DS9 they changed the color of the carpets on the USS Sao Paulo to make it a little different than the original Defiant.

#38 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Apr 16 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post
You know... I remember watching "Unimatrix Zero, part I" the first time and when the Delta Flyer was destroyed I was shocked. And then a few episodes into the 7th season they just mention how the built another one flippantly. THAT was cheap! They could have made it a little different or something than the exact same ship. I mean, in DS9 they changed the color of the carpets on the USS Sao Paulo to make it a little different than the original Defiant.

I think they did change up the internal layout slightly. It may have just been color changes as well, though. But I remember reading the new Flyer was a little different on the inside.

BTW, was Voyager supposed to have a captain's yacht as well? I just finally obtained a Playmates Voyager and it looks like there is something that looks like it could be a yacht on the underside of the primary hull.

#39 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

The Delta Flyer to me looked exactly the same as before it was destroyed. They might have been changes but they were extremely minor.

Indeed the was a Cpatins Yacht on the Playmates Voyager. It may have also been mentioned in passing in one of the episodes.

#40 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

^There were a few changes between the Original Delta Flyer (ODF) and the New Delta Flyer (NDF). The biggest difference on the external side were the additions of the auxiliary impulse engines shown in "Drive".

Interanlly the control consols were a red/orange color on the NDF and the helm controls were a LOT different. And I belief there was a slight carpet/upholstery change as well (of course, lighting could explain those as well).

And I'm not sure if this was a change or not, but it seemed that the NDF was shown to extend it's nacelles for warp flight more than the ODF. Of course this could just be explained that the FX artists were paying more attention and/or the budget allowed for such changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users