• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

So where is this magazine for sale at besides online? Book a million and Barnes and Noble dont seem to have it in the stores near where i live.

#22 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

VF I picked it up at a Barnes and Noble.

#23 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

#24 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

you know it must be very cool to walk in and see your stuff on the shelf like that!

#25 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

Yeah, no doubt! I nearly peed my pants seeing just the interview with me in there....I can't imagine what it must be like to see your own magazine AND book on the shelves!

It's funny...I had my 6 year old son with me when I picked up the mag. I was flipping through it and I got to the page with my picture on it and my son freaked out. He was like " DAD! That's you! You're in a Star Trek magazine! That's our basement! That's our stuff!". He was so proud of it.

So, thanks again Steve!

James

#26 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Nov 24 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know it must be very cool to walk in and see your stuff on the shelf like that!

It's pretty darn cool that's for sure smile.gif

#27 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Nov 24 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, no doubt! I nearly peed my pants seeing just the interview with me in there....I can't imagine what it must be like to see your own magazine AND book on the shelves!

It's funny...I had my 6 year old son with me when I picked up the mag. I was flipping through it and I got to the page with my picture on it and my son freaked out. He was like " DAD! That's you! You're in a Star Trek magazine! That's our basement! That's our stuff!". He was so proud of it.

So, thanks again Steve!

James

You are very welcome and thanks go to you as well. I am so glad you are happy with how it came out and I am very proud to have both you and Mark in the first magazine. Hopefully the buying public will see all of the great content and enjoy it enough to give the publisher a heads up that they want many more issues smile.gif

#28 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

Got my complimentary copy in the mail today Steve! Many thanks!

James

#29 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Nov 24 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got my complimentary copy in the mail today Steve! Many thanks!

James

YAY!! I am very glad to hear that smile.gif

#30 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Nov 22 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ordered one and one came. I don't know if it was yours or the one I ordered. I'm guessing that one way or the other, I'm short one.

How about you Mark, have you seen your complimentary copy from the publisher yet?

#31 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

I guess I'll have to pick up a copy, glad to hear this isn't just online. Congratlulations to everyone involved, I know you deserve the recognition wink.gif

#32 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (startrekfiero @ Nov 24 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked at the issue of Toyfare at Barnes and Noble here in Jacksonville,NC, but no Star Trek collectibles magazine was in sight. Maybe i will order it online, although i dont like to do that because i have received damaged magazines before so i try to buy them at the store where i can pick out a nice copy.

#33 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

Either the store has the issues out back and has not put them on the shelf yet or they need to be made aware that they should be carrying it.
Most large book store chains like Borders and Barnes and Nobles are controlled by their corporate office as to what each individual stores carry in stock and what they leave as an order in by request item.
Did you ask anyone at the store about it?

#34 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (startrekfiero @ Nov 25 2008, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either the store has the issues out back and has not put them on the shelf yet or they need to be made aware that they should be carrying it.
Most large book store chains like Borders and Barnes and Nobles are controlled by their corporate office as to what each individual stores carry in stock and what they leave as an order in by request item.
Did you ask anyone at the store about it?

I went back today, determined to either find the magazine or ask why it wasnt it being carried, and after looking at every magazine in the area of the Toyfare magazine, which was on the top shelf, i looked at every other shelf on the rack, and lo and behold i found 2 copies stuck down on the bottom(stand on your head) shelf concealed by other magazines that seemed to have nothing to do with the collecting or star trek. I bought the best one of the two and i have to say that it is worth every penny of it. Are you planning to put out further issues? Those Mego articles are great, i never knew Mego had planned to produce a Vulcan Explorer vehicle for the Mego figures. Its nice to actually read stuff i havent read before after all these years of collecting. Thanks for the magazine!

#35 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (startrekfiero @ Nov 24 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about you Mark, have you seen your complimentary copy from the publisher yet?

Yes today!

#36 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

Cool, I am glad to hear yours arrived as well Mark which means that others who contributed to the mag should be getting their copies as well.

Here is some bonus eye candy for you - lots of magazines all in one place:

#37 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

When does the new issue come out?

#38 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Well, it's kind of a catch 22 situation. On the one hand the publisher wants to wait to see how well sales are on this first "test" issue.
On the other hand, they really want it to become a bi-monthly issue as do I so we are trying to work on how to figure out this interesting conundrum

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Got ya.

#40 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

hello all...
I have been looking for it, but none of our local stores have it?
on line ordering?
rick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users