Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Nope, the AGT Ent-D is already out. http://www.shopafx.c...xexsttrtng.html

#22 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

I hadn't seen that! Or the other pictures. Man, it does look really cool. Not sure I can get both right now though and my first priority is the regular D.

#23 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

Man, I want this like now...but I think I'll wait and see how much Rick is doing on openers first...

Sallah

#24 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jun 4 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, the AGT Ent-D is already out. http://www.shopafx.c...xexsttrtng.html

OMG thanks for the link! She looks gorgeous!!!

#25 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jun 3 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I want this like now...but I think I'll wait and see how much Rick is doing on openers first...

Sallah

Since he is buying them from AFX i think the chances of openers arent very good. I could be wrong though.

#26 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jun 3 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since he is buying them from AFX i think the chances of openers arent very good. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, but he'll still be at the mercy of the shippers wink.gif

Sallah

#27 CaptBrando

CaptBrando

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I got an email last week confirming my order was on the way from AFX. They said they would send me another email when the product (2 AGT E-D's) shipped. I preordered the day they became available and they still haven't shipped. Is this how AFX operates? I bought some Cylons from there in mid May, they didn't arrive until this past week. Is this how they do things?

#28 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Jun 3 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but he'll still be at the mercy of the shippers wink.gif

Sallah

Hello all...
you are indeed, correct...I am sure we will have some banged up boxes I will need to sell (always at a discount!)...would be a rare day if they all arrived MIB.
rick

#29 CaptBrando

CaptBrando

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Ok, maybe I'll just relax. I got confirmation tonight that my AGT E's are on the way. I will post a review as soon as I receive it.

#30 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (CaptBrando @ Jun 4 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, maybe I'll just relax. I got confirmation tonight that my AGT E's are on the way. I will post a review as soon as I receive it.

Can't wait to see the review! Anyone else notice there were painted windows on the neck of the AGT Enterprise? Hope this means the regualr D will also have painted windows, as the one we saw from the auction winner did not have painted windows on the neck.

#31 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

To my surprise, my AGT Enterprise-D arrived yesterday, and I must say I was not prepared for what I got. The ship is beautiful. The ship is fully painted, with the majority of details and windows are either painted on or tampo applicated. The detailing is quite exquisite, and the ship is actually quite large. It really has a heft to it. I love that the AGT version only features Admiral Riker lines, and that the bridge even lights up through the skylight. The sounds are a little on the quiet side, though I have a feeling this is from the phaser cannon addition on the bottom of the saucer. I aslo love that the light stay on feature has been retained from the Classic 1701, and it has been routed to a separate button than the bridge itself. Oh, and the magnets are FANTASTIC! She feels completely solid when the saucer is attached. They are strong enough to pull it out of your hand if you're not prepared for it. Very satisfying the first time you reattach the saucer section. Honestly, I think that Diamond Select and AA have outdone themselves on the D. She is a thing of beauty, and they really pulled out all the stops on this toy. I've always been a fan of the AGT version of the ship, and it is great to finally have a great toy/replica of it. I cannot be more pleased with this ship. I'm on my lunch break right now, but I'll try and snap some pics later tonight and show her off.

TKO the OAD

#32 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

That's a good report! I am glad to hear of the weight and size. How much wider is the saucer, say compared to DST's "E"? If the length is still 17" I imagine the saucer is quite wide compared to the E or classic. Might not fit on my shelf!

I hope those of us who pre-ordered the regular "D" through DST directly won't have to wait too much longer!

QUOTE (OneAngryDwrf @ Jun 5 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To my surprise, my AGT Enterprise-D arrived yesterday, and I must say I was not prepared for what I got. The ship is beautiful. The ship is fully painted, with the majority of details and windows are either painted on or tampo applicated. The detailing is quite exquisite, and the ship is actually quite large. It really has a heft to it. I love that the AGT version only features Admiral Riker lines, and that the bridge even lights up through the skylight. The sounds are a little on the quiet side, though I have a feeling this is from the phaser cannon addition on the bottom of the saucer. I aslo love that the light stay on feature has been retained from the Classic 1701, and it has been routed to a separate button than the bridge itself. Oh, and the magnets are FANTASTIC! She feels completely solid when the saucer is attached. They are strong enough to pull it out of your hand if you're not prepared for it. Very satisfying the first time you reattach the saucer section. Honestly, I think that Diamond Select and AA have outdone themselves on the D. She is a thing of beauty, and they really pulled out all the stops on this toy. I've always been a fan of the AGT version of the ship, and it is great to finally have a great toy/replica of it. I cannot be more pleased with this ship. I'm on my lunch break right now, but I'll try and snap some pics later tonight and show her off.

TKO the OAD

#33 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Jun 5 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a good report! I am glad to hear of the weight and size. How much wider is the saucer, say compared to DST's "E"? If the length is still 17" I imagine the saucer is quite wide compared to the E or classic. Might not fit on my shelf!

I hope those of us who pre-ordered the regular "D" through DST directly won't have to wait too much longer!

I just measured the saucer section, and from side to side the diameter measures just shy of 12 1/2 inches long. It is right around 10 inches front to back. The saucer seems to be about twice as big as the Big E's saucer. I really wish that the same attention and polish had been paid to the Enterprise-E. Now I am not certain if they are in scale to each other or not. I'll have to consult the ship charts on Ex Astris Scientia and see how big they're supposed to be to each other.

One other great thing about the new E-D is that Everything that should light up, does light up sans running lights and windows. The nacelles light up solidly and look great, as does the impulse drive, and both saucer engines. I think the saucer engines only light when the "All light on" feature is turned on. The only drawback I can see, is that its too bad they couldn't find a way to made the saucer lights stay lit when the saucer is detached. However, this is a very minor issue, and even so I have to admire the clever way they made the connections on each side. The nav deflector looks to be lit by two small LEDs that are hidden behind the center section of the dish. She really looks quite striking when all her lights are on, especially since she's a mean looking dreadnought version of the Enterprise.

By the way, they seem to have finally nailed the stand. It is an updated version of the Classic Enterprise style stand, with a pivoting anchor point that attaches the ship to the stand itself. The ingenious part is that the stand is actually two stands so you can display both the saucer and secondary hull next to each other. The smaller stand fits perfectly in the middle of the larger stand to save space. Of course, time will tell if the pivoting anchor will stay strong. I am a little leary of displaying it full time on the stand just because of the sheer weight of the ship, but it still feels pretty good when its on there.

I was also surprised that AA/DST included plugs for the stand points, and screw hole. As far as I can tell this is the first time they have included this on any of their ships, and to me, it is a welcomed substitution for a "play cover". The Enterprise also features two stand points for displaying it in saucer separated mode or standard. Very impressive ship over all. I'll try to get some pics posted a little later, Old School OAD style!

smile.gif

TKO the OAD

#34 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

The plugs sound like a clever solution. Maybe they can produce some plugs to retrofit the Enterprise-E with.

#35 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

If I recall correctly, it was mentioned that DST used a pre-existing model kit for the Enterprise-D while their previous ships were original sculpts (save for AA's work on the Ent-A), right? So, is it safe to assume that this meant they could put more finances towards paint, quality and electronics to make it look absolutely brilliant while still keeping the price around $35?

If so, then hopefully they continue to do this.

#36 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here and plan to be around for a while. This ship is so great it made me seek out a forum to talk about it! I received it last night and the first thing that got my attention was the size. This ship is a monster on the shelf compared to my other AA ships. It's painted beautifully and I think it has the brightest LED lights I've seen so far. I took a few shots to give an idea of the size. I haven't had too much time to play with it yet but hope to this weekend.

#37 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

It's bigger then you might think for sure.

#38 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Is it based on the old AMT/Ertl kit?

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

So the one that Chuck from DST donated for the Autism Fundraiser was NOT a finished model. Look at the neck.

#40 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

WOW!!!!! All I can Say is I hope DST keeps doing ships for years to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users