• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Does anybody know anything about the Commander Adama or Helo busts? Are they still in the pipeline?

#2 dstchuck

dstchuck

• VIP
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:34 AM

They are on indefinable hold.

#3 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the reply, dstchuck! That's a bummer though, I really wanted Adama.

#4 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

I was wondering what the interest out there was for the Starbuck bust, is anyone here going to get it?
If sales are bad I guess we can say goodbye to the idea of Adama, Helo, Boomer & Apollo Busts being made. sad.gif

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

it looks like a great likeness (much better than the figure) but Im not into busts.

#6 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

I like it, I'm going to get one.

#7 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

I think they really missed their biggest window of opportunity. These needed to be released when the show was still airing.

#8 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too, and I think eti's right, if it doesn't sell well we won't see any of the others. But a lot of people like Starbuck, so this could do really well. Guess we'll see.

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

I still love the Original BSG, but i cant bring myself to buy any of the new BSG figures or other collectibles. The characters are just so repugnant i find no joy in owning any of the stuff. For me it was like watching a bad soap opera, your hooked on it, but hate it at the same time. I would be interested if DST put out an original BSG 7" line or Bust line.

#10 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

Wow, really, VulcanFanatic? I thought the original was terrible. Funny in a trainwreck sort of way, but terrible. Though I haven't seen it since ages before the new series started, so maybe I should give it another chance. smile.gif

It might be worth sending in a question to see if DST has the license to do those. I know they did some minimates based on the original series, but I'm not sure if they could do anything else.

#11 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Well I received my Starbuck bust today, Number 592 of 600. This bust is solid and the arms are stuck on not like the Sixes with changeable arms. Overall I'm happy with it and its a nice change from all the Number Sixes

#12 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

I decided to ask Urban Collector if they were planning on doing anymore BSG Busts, the reply is below

Sent: Wednesday, 31 March 2010 3:14 a.m.
Subject: RE: Battlestar Galactica Mini busts

Thank you for your email. Kara Thrace is a really great bust – I’m glad to hear you like it.

We would love to carry the below mini busts as well, but the Kara Thrace isn’t selling to the levels we had anticipated, so we would be hesitant to take on any additional characters at this time. If we saw a strong demand for the Kara Thrace, we would definitely look into adding the below busts to the BSG line. If you happen to belong to any forums or boards – helping to “spread the word” on Starbuck may help reignite the interest in this line.

Thanks again!
Jeff | Urban Collector
http://www.urban-collector.com

Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 8:13 PM
To: questions@urban-collector.com
Subject: Battlestar Galactica Mini busts

Dear Customer Service

I have just received the Battlestar Galactica Kara Thrace Starbuck mini bust and it is wonderful thank you.

I was wondering if Urban-Collector would be releasing any more Battlestar Galactica mini busts in the future?
These are some of the ones that have never been released by Diamond Select

Thanks

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Crusher @ Aug 5 2009, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, really, VulcanFanatic? I thought the original was terrible. Funny in a trainwreck sort of way, but terrible. Though I haven't seen it since ages before the new series started, so maybe I should give it another chance. smile.gif

It might be worth sending in a question to see if DST has the license to do those. I know they did some minimates based on the original series, but I'm not sure if they could do anything else.

Well, i dont know how old you are, but it seems like most folks who are not old enough to have watched it when it ran over 30 years dont like it. There maybe some that did watch it then that still dont like it but i know i was thrilled each week when it came on and i made sure i never missed it. I even watched Galactica 1980 each week too even though i was disappointed in the way the show had been changed. BSG without Lorne Greene as Adama and Patrick Macnee as the voice of Imperious leader just isnt really BSG to me.

#14 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Mar 31 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i dont know how old you are, but it seems like most folks who are not old enough to have watched it when it ran over 30 years dont like it. There maybe some that did watch it then that still dont like it but i know i was thrilled each week when it came on and i made sure i never missed it. I even watched Galactica 1980 each week too even though i was disappointed in the way the show had been changed. BSG without Lorne Greene as Adama and Patrick Macnee as the voice of Imperious leader just isnt really BSG to me.

For me I enjoy the original series a lot, in fact I didn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users