210 replies to this topic

#41 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ May 22 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post

I had thought the bus was spookier in design than that...perhaps it changes from movie to movie.

And I do find it odd that Hagrid, being the largest of the human type figures, doesn't have as nice face detail as Umbridge or Dumbledore!

Still a very cool figure though. The dog is very well done (is his name fang??).

#42 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

eh I hate to say it lol but I think mattel did a better job with their Hagrid (which was about the only one that looked good from what I'v seen)
Yes the dogs name is Fang.

The Bus looks a little bit like a Barbie vehicle lol
Will they be making a version of the original Dumbledore? I Think I liked him the best.

#43 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Mattels figure didn't look much more like Hagrid...but it was a very nice figure aside from that....much better than TCI's version.

I'm not sure which company it was, but one of them already confirmed they would be making both Dumbledores.
Though it will take a while as they are focusing on characters from the new movie at the moment.

#44 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

I think NECA said they were going to try to make both.

#45 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

The 3 3/4" figures look very nice. Only slightly less detail than the larger figures.

Here is a pic of Neca's Snape & Dumbledore figures:

#46 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:42 PM

New TCI pic:

http://www.popcoentertainment.com/

#47 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

I seen the new Ron Weasley by Neca at spencer gifts today. I cant wait until the other stuff starts coming out, won't be long now I would assume.

#48 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

^^Well I guess that's my first official look at what "Grop" (Hagrid's giant half brother) looks like.

#49 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:59 AM

I just [icked up the OotP figures today and they look pretty good. Some of the paint apps could have been better to reflect the characters personality more. The Hermione figures protoype had a pinkish lipstick the figure has a more purpulish that makes her look a little goth IMO. Overall great likenesses but there are a few little things that could have been better.

#50 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

^That could've been a factory error where they applied the lip color intended for another figure..say Cho Chang for instance...to Hermione instead. Happens a lot more often than it should, but that's what makes toy "collecting" interesting.

#51 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

I now plan on purchasing the 7" NECA versions of HP. These look great.

#52 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

If you like to display your figures Ive been having some problems with mine. In the heat the plastic becomes more pliable and the figures usually fall off their bases. Iv had it happen with both death eaters and hermione. Ive found ways to basically prop them up. Reallly cool stuff though. The best part is each figure has a unique wand. I think its awesome that NECA put that much detail and time into giving each character their specific wand style. Great stuff all around.

#53 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

Anyone care to share some pics of their Neca Hermione figure? mainly the face.

A proto looking boxed pic of the Great Hall playset:

Still no pics of the tables to be included. I'm wondering how they are going to work that. Four student tables & the staff table will not fit in there as it did in the movie. Though a staff table would be pretty useless considering the teachers figures cannot sit.

#54 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

Ive lost my camera...dont knwo where I put it. As soon as I find it I will post Hermione and the Star Trek customs Ive made.

#55 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

The Cards Inc figures are now in Toys'R'Us in the UK.

They are said to look much like the proto's...which is always good.

Here is a pic from BTVS.com member ThisYearsGuy:

#56 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:14 PM

^I actually like the Dumbledore figure. I saw him on theleakycauldron.com when NECA premiered him. The podium is rather cool too...great detail (although this picture doesn't do it justice)

#57 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 21 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw him on theleakycauldron.com when NECA premiered him. The podium is rather cool too...great detail (although this picture doesn't do it justice)

I gather you mean The Cards Inc....those are Cards Inc figures pictured right above.

I don't know if the Neca Dumbledores comes with a podium.

#58 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

^Whoops. I guess it was Cards Inc. The article had said it was Neca, but the NECA Dumbeldore is different.

#59 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

I went to Boarders today and got a nice shock. They had 4 NECA Snapes from series 2 which was supposed to be realesed in september. You can only find him at Boarders for now, until then. This guy looks awesome he has a removable cloak and everything. The only problem is you have to look them over carefully the paint issues and all. One had a big black smudge on his upper lip which made him look like he hadnt shaved for a couple of days lol. Anymore you really have to watch out for bad paint jobs.
They also had a neat looking checkers set for around $20

You can look at the pictures and read the review at this website I found if anyone is interested.
I'm very pleased with it, and with it. If anyone wants additonal pictures I'd be happy to take some soon.

Snape Review

#60 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:59 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users