• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Just saw the new images from The Cards Incs Harry Potter line.

http://www.the-leaky...lery/album/1692

They really are expanding & making this line something truely awesome....many different characters, playsets & some vehicles.

I'm not sure on the scale. 3 3/4 inches is planned, & I gather that would be the size of the most common figures, those of the children. So I gather Harry, Hermione, Ron etc. will be 3 3/4", the older students will be slightly taller, people like Ginny would be smaller than 3 3/4"...& the adults would be about 4.5" maybe?

The scale has it's bonus points. Playsets & vehicles are no-where near as large & easier for companies to manage, much more so than a TOS Bridge for AA Trek figures!

I may also grab some of the Neca line....but I won't be missing the Cards Inc figures, thats for sure.

For some of us who prefer the more up market looking figures, though with minimal articulation, the Neca Potter line seems very nice as well:

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

I havent seen or heard of those figures yet. Where could one buy the Cards Inc figures? I personally am excited about the NECA line. After reading the Toyfare article on them, that line seems to be geared toward the collector and could possibly have some legs on it!!
The series lineup is just awesome!
Series 1
Harry
2 Death Eaters
Voldemort
Dementor
Series 2/3
Ron
Hermione
Harry
Sirius
Death Eater #3
Snape
Dumbledore

Other figures: Dumbledore from SStone, and a 12 inch Hagrid

it doesnt get any better!

#3 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:06 PM

I believe the Cards Inc line will only be available in Europe.
So I'll be needing help to get my hands on them.

The line-ups are pretty sweet, Especially with Cards Inc.

The 3 3/4 inch figures also have fabric skirts, which is a good idea.

I'm never that impressed when Minerva McGonagall is not in a line up. How Mattel could completely ignore her for 3 movie lines is beyond me! I had to buy the Potter Lego before, just so's I had some female professors from the series! I'm hoping both Cards Inc & Neca finally give credit to this prominent character & the rest of the lady teachers.

Here's my old Mattel & Lego stuff:

3" line:
IPB Image

5" line
IPB Image

Lego
IPB Image

IPB Image

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

From the sound of the Toyfare article, the NECA line is being produced by huge fans of Potter. They kinda hinted that this line might be a little like Star Wars with every character being produced. Of course to this sales must be strong. With the amount of fans Potter has I think its a very big probablity that Minerva will finally be made.

#5 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Mar 19 2007, 04:31 AM) View Post
With the amount of fans Potter has I think its a very big probablity that Minerva will finally be made.

I really hope so...I'm a big Maggie Smith fan & would love to see her in such awesome form as the figures from Cards Inc. & Neca.

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

Well my wife Trish has Harry Potter fever. She's read all of the current books and is in the process of re-reading them a bit slower until the last book comes out tongue.gif But she's seen these figures and definately agrees these are a must have for our collection. I just hope Hermione(spellcheck) look better than the final Elizabeth Swann from Pirates did rolleyes.gif

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

The new NECA HP figs hit shelves by me and they are pretty cool. I picked up the dementor and am very happy with it. He is totally going to be hauting the enterprise since they are in the same scale!

#8 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

Artistix I'm reallying enjoying the harry potter stuff you have, I had NO idea they even made all of those or i would have been buying them. ( guess its too late now) I'm a big fan myself! Everyone says I look like Snape laugh.gif

I've seen all your star trek stuff too, and now all these, where do you find room for this? lol

What else do you have in your fine collection? I collect Masters of the Universe & TMNT as well as Star Trek

#9 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Apr 8 2007, 05:23 AM) View Post
I've seen all your star trek stuff too, and now all these, where do you find room for this? lol

What else do you have in your fine collection? I collect Masters of the Universe & TMNT as well as Star Trek

I have a granny flat to myself, so I have a bit of room.

I have links to all the stuff I collect towards the bottom of the first page in the "What do you collect" thread.

http://www.trektoy.c...o...t=0&start=0

#10 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Wow....very impressive! You don't have any of the new Horde mini statues tho? sad.gif
I've been wanting to add them to my MOTU they look amazing!

#11 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Apr 11 2007, 07:10 AM) View Post
Wow....very impressive! You don't have any of the new Horde mini statues tho? sad.gif
I've been wanting to add them to my MOTU they look amazing!

Not into statues. Only bought Sorceress as Castle Greyskull is not Castle Greyskull without her.

Same reason I probably won't look too far into the Neca Potter line...I prefer good movement.

#12 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

yeah same here neca does have some amazing sculps but how they are already posed. I'm also hoping for a McGonagall as well smile.gif

#13 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Apr 11 2007, 09:35 AM) View Post
I'm also hoping for a McGonagall as well smile.gif

Just saw that McGonagall is already planned for the Cards Inc line!!

She will be included with the Great Hall Playset, along with Dolores Umbridge.

This is a very good idea. Instead of simply leaving out all the women, they are including most with playsets or in multi-packs.

Mattel was too damn lazy to do this.

#14 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

how cool! I just read that they were going to have her and filch over at www.sylvanlaneshoppe.com

But I'm a little concerend these are only going to be made in the UK?

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

Yes, it is going to cause a problem.

But hopefully I will be able to find a kind European to help me out.

Though I'm also hoping some Aussie sites are going to buy them in.

#16 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

I read this over at www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/potter_toys.php

In Europe, Cards, Inc, a UK company, is licensed to release figures and is now also distributing the figure line in America through Corgi.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

I just saw the Neca figures this weekend at Spencers and they look great. I don't realy want to start another set of figures but I may have to pick up a few of these.

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

I know NECA has serious drawbacks but the new line does look cool. I also like the fact that they are basically in the same scale as my Pirates OTC and Star Trek figures. After reading articles on the people designing these I think the scope of this line is going to be awesome. I already have the Dementor and I cant wait to get the others!

#19 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

I was only going to buy Harry, Ron & Hermione from Neca, but after seeing the Riddle Family Graveyard scene, I may have to get everything!!

This May, The Harry Potter vs. Lord Voldemort Graveyard Duel with Riddle Family Grave Diorama hits shelves. Harry and Voldemort, already a hit with collectors, come packaged with our all new, terrifying Riddle Family Grave! The entire scene is approximately 19" wide and the grave stands approximately 16" tall with sickle in hand!

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 16 2007, 07:33 PM) View Post
I was only going to buy Harry, Ron & Hermione from Neca, but after seeing the Riddle Family Graveyard scene, I may have to get everything!!

This May, The Harry Potter vs. Lord Voldemort Graveyard Duel with Riddle Family Grave Diorama hits shelves. Harry and Voldemort, already a hit with collectors, come packaged with our all new, terrifying Riddle Family Grave! The entire scene is approximately 19" wide and the grave stands approximately 16" tall with sickle in hand!

Wait a minute. Does this mean I should wait to buy the Voldemort/Harry figure because this is going to be one big box set? Or is the grave going to be sold separately from the two???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users