Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#41 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:40 AM

That endcap... it's like something out of a dream...

#42 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

I didn't realize they were packaging the two mirror figures together. Very nice. 

#43 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

... and now most of the figures are not listed in the international site. I wasnt able to get them yet anyway, but looks like I can pay twice as much on eBay...!

Or get someone here to buy and ship to you?

I was on the target aint site, found each 8 was $20, two packs $40, I think Canadian... total with shipping, for the two pack was $90... doubling the price! eBay has a seller for $80 including shipping, but I asked her to direct ship, since eBay shipping goes east, and we both live on the west, not coast

#44 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

Speaking of mego, has anyone ever seen this commercial and know if these toys were made? I didnt think anyone had made the d7!
https://youtu.be/kIaj3M3tiVY

#45 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

That was the first time I remember seeing that commercial. Tarantino should use it as the basis for his Trek film.

How are the Mego figures selling through? The Trek figures in my area are gone.

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

At a super target in Cedar Rapids IA, they have a nice display of the mego toys... but they have already dropped the prices!

Now $24.99 for the mirror two pack and individual figures are only $12.99. They only have a single sulu left but a numbe r of checkovs. Since I got rid of all my AA Megos at about $17 ea I consider myself lucky... of course if your a speculator you could snap these up and see what they go for in a year or two... but they arent my bag... still if anyones looking for a better deal they are now on sale!

#47 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

All the targets around Charlotte now have the lowered price. I still haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger in these yet.

#48 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

Def good news for anyone on the fence.

#49 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

I'm at a lot of different Targets a lot, so I've been keeping an eye on the Mego displays. They've been adding some new products. While I'm still not really interested in these it's nice to see them putting more stuff out and they're interesting to look at. Here's an update from over the past couple weeks.

https://imgur.com/a/lX2RUL4

#50 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

Hmm, it might be too early to be real, but I saw the Romulan on eBay. Is it Really the same figure as the Original AND the Emce retro? I was hoping for a revised uniform, Atleast
Spock has a darker shirt than previous, it looks darker than even the BBT cosplay figures too.

#51 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:09 PM

I saw the Gorn the other day. I might get a Kirk and Spock if I run across them.

#52 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

Ok, so who has seen what?

I got Chekov, Sulu and the Gorn.

But ebay shows me there was a Spock?

And has the Romulan Commander really been released?

All I saw was that one ebay auction.

#53 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

There are at least a 1/2 dozen auctions up for the Roman now... so he must be out there... I suppose I should take a look locally... Romulans are always a good investment ;-)

#54 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

Target had a sale on the Mego stuff last week,like 25% off. I picked up the Mirror Spock and Kirk set, it's pretty cool.Probably get a regular Spock, Romulan and maybe the Gorn too if I see them.

#55 Bryan

Bryan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

I never saw Spock. I see they just announced a Mirror Uhura/Sulu 2 pack and a green shirt Kirk!

#56 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Being Canadian, I have eBay or the generosity of some of my contacts Here, but there is also Target International... I reached out to the community, and heard that Target prices were the best. I found a sale, a few weeks back, and hoped I could keep it by payday, no, the prices went back up! I looked, last night for new figures (Spock, Romulan, Gorn Or Mirror II), no luck, BUT, almost everything was on sale Again!
I called the number on my invoice, and will be credited the difference, when they get shipped out, YEAH
so, this sale is until Saturday, per their pricing model. I was not able to find out If the future figures will be sold here. They do have second waves of other series though. Are Uhura and Sulu in stores yet??

Oh, whats happening with Marty Abrams presents..., after this month? Wasnt it a three wave deal? Are they more readily available now?!?

#57 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

Being Canadian, I have eBay or the generosity of some of my contacts Here, but there is also Target International... I reached out to the community, and heard that Target prices were the best. I found a sale, a few weeks back, and hoped I could keep it by payday, no, the prices went back up! I looked, last night for new figures (Spock, Romulan, Gorn Or Mirror II), no luck, BUT, almost everything was on sale Again!
I called the number on my invoice, and will be credited the difference, when they get shipped out, YEAH
so, this sale is until Saturday, per their pricing model. I was not able to find out If the future figures will be sold here. They do have second waves of other series though. Are Uhura and Sulu in stores yet??

Oh, whats happening with Marty Abrams presents..., after this month? Wasnt it a three wave deal? Are they more readily available now?!?

Being from the UK, I have the same issue. Just looked on the site and there are 4 figures available, Sulu, Chekov and the Mirror Kirk & Spock set. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on them. 

#58 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

At most Targets Mego has lost their endcap and been moved to a small section in the action figure isle. They did this right at the same time as the sale, which I suspect was to help reduce the inventory with the smaller space. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing they just seem to be moving things around in preparation for Christmas. Also they have been adding a new toy section in addition to the regular one. It has some interactive areas (playhouses and large items) they're selling the power wheel and big stuff here as well as an expanded Playmobil and RC section. They seem to be going in a little further with toys probably as a way to capitalize on TRU closing. It'll be interesting to see if this section remains after the holidays, it was originally the book section. If they keep an expanded toy section they may have even more room for collectibles and such.

Also if anyone needs help getting stuff from Target I would be happy to help in anyway I can. I'm at Target all the time as there's one right outside my neighborhood and I stop at other ones while traveling for work.

#59 Bryan

Bryan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

Ok. I found the Romulan Commander and picked up the Mirror Kirk/Spock 2 pack.

Still no luck finding a regular Spock......

#60 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:26 PM

Congrats on the Romulan find!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users