• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

A friend of mine who owns a small toy shop has a pretty beat up McCoy that he said he'll sell me. The problems are he's missing his pants, the uniform shirt is dirty and the delta insignia is missing from the uniform also. He wants $20 for it and wont budge from that price. Good deal or no? I'm new to collecting is why I'm asking. I'm pretty versed in playmates and diamond select and galoob prices but mego hasnt been much I have gone after yet. So just wondering if that McCoy is worth it.

#2 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Aug 29 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A friend of mine who owns a small toy shop has a pretty beat up McCoy that he said he'll sell me. The problems are he's missing his pants, the uniform shirt is dirty and the delta insignia is missing from the uniform also. He wants $20 for it and wont budge from that price. Good deal or no? I'm new to collecting is why I'm asking. I'm pretty versed in playmates and diamond select and galoob prices but mego hasnt been much I have gone after yet. So just wondering if that McCoy is worth it.

It depends on how bad you want it. I wouldn't pay that much for it just because, a better one will come along, and unless you are friends with him and want to stay friends, you could tell him that. That said, I have a McCoy up for trade. He is missing the lower half of his right leg. If you really wanted that figure bad enough for the parts, it might be worth it. I don't know what the book values are currently, but ultimately it comes down to you.

Oh, and look at that! A better one came along. roflmao.gif

CCC.

#3 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Well I talked with him and was like well, Its pretty beat up im not sure its worth $20. I told him Id give him $10 and he said no. I then pointed out that it had been sitting behind a bunch of other toys for yrs and you forgot about it till I found it! So for $10 I might do it but I'm gonna like it settle for right now and wait for his move. Theres another local collectibles shop i go to and the old man is oblivious to prices of Star Trek stuff there, So I could probably pick up a good condition one with the pants for $20 from him lol

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

For $20 I'd pass. $30 or so on card is more like it on ebay.

#5 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Yea, i thought $20 on a beat up one was too high.

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

I wouldnt pay $20 for it either. If you want a genuine Mego, spend a little time and stake out ebay for one. You will be much more satisfied with a nicer loose or even a carded one. Anothers junk isnt always someone elses treasure. If it doesnt matter if its a genuine Mego, go with DST's retro McCoy. Its virtually identical.

#7 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

ok, well thanks for the info. I already told him in am email that if he'll sell to me for $10 or so then i'll jump on it. Otherwise I'm not really interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users