• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Janeway is the main one I would want to see, since she is the only Captain not to receive an AA/DST figure.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

agreed!

#23 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I remember seeing a prototype for Jadzia Dax in her season 3/4 teal shouldered uniform. Couldn't that be used to tool a Janeway figure?

#24 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Mason I think DST are starting a fresh with their new Star Trek Select line so I doubt any older figures would be in scale or the right design/style with what they want to do with future Star Trek figures - this is a totally new line and TNG onwards are a completely different scale to this new select line. I think Janeway is a distinct possibility as are all the captains it seems so there shouldn't be any need to reuse old figures for DST's new line.

I think I'd rather have a completely new line using new sculpts for all the captains so that they are all the same scale - I don't think there's one company who's done ALL the captains in ONE scale so it would be nice if DST got to do that.

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I completely agree, that getting all 5 captains in one scale would be a success IMO!

#26 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'd prefer Janeway as she appeared in season 7. The bun or ponytail would be fine, but since we've seen both of those in toy form I'd vote short hair.

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Oooooooo! Entire videos have been made about Janeway's Hair!

#28 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Nov 26 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooooooo! Entire videos have been made about Janeway's Hair!

omg. I can

#29 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

epic

#30 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (DSTZach @ Nov 21 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem. I actually may be mistaken, in that AA made a Picard for Nemesis that may have been in scale to TOS, while the later DST figure was much larger. That may solve the Sisko problem, as well.

That is my one gap, ironically -- I know toy production, but I don't know the AA/DST line backwards and forwards. Not yet.
Zach, thank you once again for your insight; as always, I appreciate it. smile.gif

As others have said, the AA/Nemesis Picard head is indeed in scale with the TOS figures, which are in scale with the Sisko head from the throwback line. (Or should that be The Sisko head?) I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that the rubberized pieces on the Archer figure were restricted to parts of the uniform itself. I've just felt the head of my opened Archer figure, and as far as I can tell, it feels like it's made entirely of hard plastic. If, and I realize that this is a big "if," but if you have the tooling for the Kirk, Picard, and even the Sisko head, you'd only need a Janeway and Archer head, and if you have the Archer head, you'd only need a Janeway head. Bodies might be a bit more of a hurdle depending on what would be needed, but theoretically this should be possible using parts that currently exist, and with minimal new tooling. For example, Janeway might need a new upper torso, but it should be possible to "borrow" Troi's arms, legs, and lower torso from the Nemesis/Troi two

#31 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Like I said, I'm rusty on the line history. But I believe the entire TNG line was over the 7-inch scale, while the TOS line was just south of it. Select will be in scale to TOS.

I THOUGHT the Nemesis line was closer to TOS than TNG, but now I think I'm wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users