• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#41 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Only problem with the free figures is that if you are a MOC collector, then it would be hard to get the free figure, but then again, that's not my problem...I open everything (and apparently like breaking O'Neill while opening)

#42 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hmm, it's cool but could be a problem. If it's going to require 4 UPCs like the Elite Serpent Guard then that means I'll only have 5 figures to cut into since I wouldn't cut into my carded set. But I buy two of each thing - one to open and one to keep carded. So hopefully the promotion will extend to series 2 and maybe there will be an army-builder in there. Also, series 1 doesn't show any potential for headswaps so no reason to buy extras that would lead to more UPCs...

Hopefully we'll get a Genii soldier or Wraith grunt in wave 2.

#43 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

I actually had enough POPs after getting Series 2 so I have 2 Elite Serpent guards (well, I got one and another on its way)

#44 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, I got two elite guards too. I am still not sure what I am going to do with the second one. I may just keep it in the bag and trade it later to someone that missed out.

#45 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

I hope DST will keep this line in the same scale as the SG-1 figures. I also hope we see a wraith queen at some point.

#46 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

I haven't even considered that SGA could be a different scale than SG1 but with DST I guess I should have. I really hope that they keep them all the same though. I want to be able to display them all niceley together but it will be hard to do if some are larger or smaller. I also have some custom ideas involving SGA and Sg1 figures so I hope that I can go through with them.
A Wraith Queen would be great as well as one of the big Wraith grunts (or several since they all look alike).

#47 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post
I haven't even considered that SGA could be a different scale than SG1 but with DST I guess I should have. I really hope that they keep them all the same though. I want to be able to display them all niceley together but it will be hard to do if some are larger or smaller. I also have some custom ideas involving SGA and Sg1 figures so I hope that I can go through with them.
A Wraith Queen would be great as well as one of the big Wraith grunts (or several since they all look alike).

What ideas do you have? A Sheppard in a SG outfit? Make sure you post pics when you are finished.
And yes, bring on some Wraith grunts!

#48 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

Definately a Shep in SG outfit That is the first one I thought of and if the SGA figures have articulated knees I may have to give a couple of my SG1 members an SGA uniform (black ops preferably).

#49 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Just a heads up. Newforce has the Atlantis figures up for preorder.

#50 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 12 2007, 11:39 AM) View Post
Definately a Shep in SG outfit That is the first one I thought of and if the SGA figures have articulated knees I may have to give a couple of my SG1 members an SGA uniform (black ops preferably).

I just watched the episode where you see Sheppard in an SG uniform. Did you notice that he did not have any SG patches on, even when he came back with an SG team? It appeared that he was the leader of that team; I wonder why he didn't have any patches on?

#51 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

What Episode is this? Could make a nice easy variant.

#52 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

^^It is the Stargate Atlantis Season 3 episode, "The Return" Part 1. The scene is in the last half of the episode I believe.

#53 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

Ah! That would explain it then. I have yet to see any of the season 3 episodes. I just finish watching season 2 on DVD a few months ago.

#54 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:00 AM

In the latest Stargate Magazing there is an article on the DST SG line and there is mentioned that the Atlantis gate will have twice the detail. Apparently, the inside of the gate and the back of the gate has been worked with carved details.

#55 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:11 AM

That sounds pretty cool. I hope we get some good shots of it soon.

#56 eddey

eddey

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

I finally got around to putting my Series 1 & 2 pieces together to form my gate.
It took me quite some time because I couldn't get the gate pieces to fit together.
Did anyone else have problems? How does the gate connect to the ramp? Is it just supposed to
just sit there on the little stand? Also, has anyone tried to send in for Series 2 Jaffa?
I noticed the form says expires December 2006. I got the one from Series 1, but wanted to get an additional
one for Series 2.

#57 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

The Elite Serpent Guard offer is still good, they extended it when series 2 came out.

#58 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(eddey @ Apr 23 2007, 08:28 PM) View Post
I finally got around to putting my Series 1 & 2 pieces together to form my gate.
It took me quite some time because I couldn't get the gate pieces to fit together.
Did anyone else have problems? How does the gate connect to the ramp? Is it just supposed to
just sit there on the little stand? Also, has anyone tried to send in for Series 2 Jaffa?
I noticed the form says expires December 2006. I got the one from Series 1, but wanted to get an additional
one for Series 2.

I would say I had problems but aligning them was an issue. I had originally connected the Jackson and O'Neill gates togeter and the Carter and Teal'c and noticed that they did not all fit so I took it all appart and tried to match the peiced until it was all aligned properly. As for how the ramp connects to the gate, the end piece of the gate that came with the Serpent guard will connect to the piece that connects to the carter part of the gate. It is not really a connection, more like you slide the two pieces together and the gate will hold steady.

PS: Pics of SGA figs now up on TNI These look liek they have three times the detail. Also you can see in the pic with the gate that the inside was been detailed where as the SG1 gate was not.

#59 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

Ok, I am watching Season 2 of SGA right now and I really want these figures to display with my SG-1 characters.

#60 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

Atlantis wave 2 will be Rodney and Teyla. Like Sheppard, Rodney has his off-world gear and his lighter season 1 look. Teyla is off-world and in her casual outfit as well. It's definitely not the best pic, but they're at the bottom left:
http://www.actionfig...0_1862.jpg.html
Can't wait for better pics. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users