Photo

Final chance to guess what the new Federation ship is...

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: AA/DST's new Federation ship - final bets! (21 member(s) have cast votes)

What's the new Federation ship being revealed at NYTF this weekend?

1. RELIANT NCC-1864 (16 votes [76.19%])

Percentage of vote: 76.19%

2. DEFIANT NX-74205 (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

3. Other (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

DST doesn't do the things it doesn't do because that's not what they do. And that's all the reason we need, I guess.

And they can't be bothered to change what they do because that's just not what they do. 

#22 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

But if DST did do what it should do then what it could do is excite us for longer periods of time and doing that is something they should be doing but do they listen? Do they fu....

#23 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

I still say doing blogs monthly showing the development of their products would definitely help keep fans interested. It doesn't even have to JUST be Star Trek. They could do multiple blogs covering varying topics, like they do with their AskDST's. 

#24 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have said many times that for the 8 years, anytime something new from DST is shown, I post pictures to my  album on Facebook. I have many friends who are also Trek fans so when they see the pics they are made aware and are throwing money at their computer/laptop/tablet/and phone screens so they can get the new products. 

I shared the pics of the Enterprise-B, the Excelsior, and the Klingon Bird of Prey when they were first shown years ago. I have over 3,000 friends on my profile and many are eager fans and collectors.

I hope, that the new Federation Starship is ready to make her debut. 

#25 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

It's the Reliant, check out the background the background behind Khan: https://m.facebook.c...170392609671671

#26 Reign1701A

Reign1701A

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

I have to say I love this choice. I have the Playmates Defiant and love it, even though it's modeled after the CGI version (so...technically canon), I don't want amother version as much as I want something new. The Reliant has never been done as a large scale toy and I'm sure DST will do it justice.

#27 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

It's the Reliant, check out the background the background behind Khan: https://m.facebook.c...170392609671671

Indeed it is, there's been some discussion about it in the Toy Fair thread. 

http://www.trektoy.c...?showtopic=5709

#28 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Well, there it is. The plus side is now all that's left is the K'Tinga and TNG ships. If they do more Ent ships, I'll be utterly floored.

#29 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

All they have to show is a drawing. REALLY!!!! You can't tell me there is no prototype to show?!?!? How many years have we been told about it and still ZERO!!! We've been shown pictures before and nothing was ever was made.

#30 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Chuffed, can't wait to get it. Out of all the ships yet to be made, the ones with names ending in 'iant' are the two I want the most. Absolutely legendary starship design, but...I do also hope that it's the final ship we get from the Kirk and Spock era for a while (with the massive exception of the K't'inga class). To be clear, I mean brand new ships, not repaints and new versions/variants (i.e. Enterprise-B, and any possible Miranda variants in the future). Why do I say this?

TOS fans have reason to be satisfied (main ship plus one enemy vessel to display alongside it coming up).

TOS-era movie fans are honestly spoilt rotten (Refit, A, Excelsior, Bird of Prey, and now the Reliant).

If you only like TOS-era Star Trek, or if that's the stuff you grew up with, then just look at all those ships that have been made from that era. That's every main Federation ship from the show, and the films.

If like me, you're someone who grew up on TNG and DS9, I'd ask any TOS fans to please try to understand that all we have is the Enterprise's D and E (variants aside). So what I'm saying is that I hope DST knock this one out of the park (with electronics and lights worthy of a toy in 2017/2018), and then please, move on to the TNG/DS9/Voyager era at full pelt, and give the same love to that era of Star Trek, as you have with the original era. If you think I'm sounding selfish, just look at the numbers, not including variants: TOS era plus movies - 7 ships. TNG era - 2.

I love all eras, but I feel that the shows I fell in love with as a youngster have been neglected in a major way. At the very least, it'd be nice to have the final two hero ships from their respective shows (Defiant of DS9, and Voyager), along with the Enterprise-C to finish off the lineage. Anything after that (a Prometheus that separates into three for example), would be gravy. Anyway, my guess would be that with the possible exception of the Grissom, this is what DST plan to do anyway (unless they give up the license after the Reliant...lol). :)

One more thing, which I'll put into spoiler tags so as not to disrupt the thread too much:

Spoiler

#31 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:45 AM

very happy to see the Reliant, it's never been made as a toy and is one of those ships that just looks so iconic. I hope the stand is the broken star fleet pendant Khan wore round his neck in WoK.

#32 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:48 AM

Also I PRAY that it isn't going to be made out of the same translucent plastic they seem content in using for the WoK Enterprise. They should use the plastic they've used for the Enterprise A and then lightly dry brush it so that its given the more used look the ships had in The Wrath of Khan. And then re release the Enterprise using the A's plastic too.

#33 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

I hope the stand is the broken star fleet pendant Khan wore round his neck in WoK.

Hadn't thought about that - that'd be really cool.

#34 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

If the Reliant is in scale with the DST Refit it won't be very big... I wouldn't be surprised if DST did a painted/tampo Aztek pattern on the entire hull. I mean if they can do it for the new NX rerelease ... Why not do a stellar paint job for the Reliant?

Also, my Prepainted 1:2500 Reliant snap kit has a complete Aztek pattern ... If Round 2 can do it to a 15.00 3.5" model DST can definitely do it for a Starship Legend.

1701D... Love the broken Starfleet pendant stand idea !!

#35 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

I'd say it'll be around the same size as the NX01

#36 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

Well could have made money on that bet.  OKay TOS fans you got all your feds ships!  Let us TNG era fans have some fed ships too.

#37 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

All they have to show is a drawing. REALLY!!!! You can't tell me there is no prototype to show?!?!? How many years have we been told about it and still ZERO!!! We've been shown pictures before and nothing was ever was made.

People have been asking DST to show pictures of their ship to show what they are making for years. If these are pictures of the prototype, than it just looks like it's a blank sculpt.

I'm perfectly fine not really seeing a physical prototype until they have some semblance of a paint job done. What id LOVE is for DST to release updates every so often showing Reliants progress. That way fans don't get super impatient and stay excited about the product.

#38 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

Defiant
Voyager
Borg Cube
Enterprise–C
Reliant
Romulan TNG
Klingon TOS

That list (see in the other topic here) is probably going to be THE list of ships DST will eventually get round to making. In what order who knows but seems to me that they're doing one starfleet ship and one alien ship so if I was to guess it'd probably be the D7 Klingon ship or Borg Cube after the Reliant.

#39 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

My vote is the Klingon BC.  

#40 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to the Reliant as it'll finally give my TWOK Enterprise something to go up against the way my 1701–A has Chang's BoP and the TOS 1701 will soon have a Romulan BoP. What's more, this opens up the possibility of a U.S.S. Saratoga Variant from DS9, (which would be a good way to expand on DS9 ships in addition to the Defiant,) as well as other Miranda–class variants, so I'm definitely not disappointed by this decision.

That list (see in the other topic here) is probably going to be THE list of ships DST will eventually get round to making. In what order who knows but seems to me that they're doing one starfleet ship and one alien ship so if I was to guess it'd probably be the D7 Klingon ship or Borg Cube after the Reliant.

I wouldn't say that it's THE list of ships that DST will eventually get around too so much as it's their current "top seven," or rather, "top six" once you move the Reliant over to the list of ships they've actually done. Obviously as more ships on that list are checked off slots will open up for other possible ships for DST to tackle, but for a "top six" based on what we have now, that list is definitely what it needs to be.

I have to echo the idea that once the Reliant is released, it would be nice to see DST get the D7/K'tinga out of the way so that they can focus on more 24th century ships having covered most of the 23rd century series and movie ships, and having done very little from the 24th century so far. While I wouldn't mind the U.S.S. Grissom accompanying the D–7/K'tinga, (giving us an Oberth–class ship that could have a U.S.S. Pegasus variant among others, and effectively rounding out the only STIII ship DST hasn't done aside from a sound–chip specific TSFS 1701, which would fall into the category of a variant,) I would be even more elated if our next Federation ship was Voyager or the Enterprise–C, or if we finally received an alien ship from the 24th Century just to balance things out a bit. (Maybe the Borg Cube would be a nice option, especially since the Miranda–class will have a mold thanks to the Reliant, and a Saratoga variant seems like a pretty easy way for DST to get some more use out of the aforementioned mold.) Given that DST's last large ship was the uber–complex Klingon BoP, it probably doesn't hurt for them to do two smaller ships (one Federation and one alien) in the form of the Romulan BoP and Reliant before tackling something as insanely complex as Voyager or a Borg Cube, and I suspect that DST might even want to tackle the Enterprise–C before Voyager, just because the Enterprise–C doesn't have landing gear and pivoting nacelles for them to worry about.

As for the Reliant, I hope DST considers tooling the mold in a way that would allow it to be easily modified not just for the "refit" used by the Saratoga, but for use on the Constellation–class as well, as it'd be nice to have a U.S.S. Stargazer, (in both "normal" starship colors and a "ready room" variant at that,) and the constellation–class is basically a Miranda–class saucer with four warp nacelles in slightly different pylons. Heck, DST could probably reuse the nacelle mold from the Constituion–class refit for the Constellation–class given that from what I can tell, it's essentially the same design. I'm definitely excited for the Reliant though, and do kind of hope that there will be some sort of acknowledgement/dedication to Thomas Sasser somewhere on the packaging, especially if it's the last DST ship that he worked on before his passing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users