Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

• Defiant
  • Voyager
  • Borg Cube
  • Enterprise–C
  • Reliant
  • Romulan TNG
  • Klingon TOS

Out of this list I would definitely be in for Enterprise-C, Romulan TNG and Klingon TOS. Borg cubes depend on scale to look menacing and there's no way to reproduce that scale without making the thing as big as my living room couch, but now that I think of it, a DST Borg Cube that was about the size of the Enterprise-D would look great with a bunch of Eaglemoss Trek ships surrounding it. So if DST made a Borg Cube I might buy it and set it up in its own separate display with a few Eaglemoss TNG-eras ships around it.  

#42 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

• Defiant
  • Voyager
  • Borg Cube
  • Enterprise–C
  • Reliant
  • Romulan TNG
  • Klingon TOS

Out of that list I'd like to see the Defiant and TOS Klingon next.  I honestly like the whole list except for the Borg Cube.

#43 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hallmark's BoP orny isn't actually from any JJ movie,just 'cos it has blue instead of red don't make it so,lol.

So new ship reveal should be NOW,since TF is now,right? Well?? What is it? LOL!

J-R!

#44 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

Did Zach just confirm the next Select is Khan?

#45 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

He mentioned it yesterday,yes.

#46 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

I'd say that that list of starships is a pretty comprehensive selection of Star Trek's most popular ships.

#47 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:03 AM

Hallmark's BoP orny isn't actually from any JJ movie,just 'cos it has blue instead of red don't make it so,lol.

So new ship reveal should be NOW,since TF is now,right? Well?? What is it? LOL!

J-R!

Hmm... that's what I originally thought too, but I could have sworn that I saw something about it being from the JJ–verse in some piece of official material related to the ornament. It doesn't look like it's one the back of the box, (I just checked,) so it might have been the Hallmark catalog, but I don't have one to check. Why bother to give the ship blue JJ–esque nacelles when it's never been seen with anything other than red/orange if not to imply that the ship is from the JJ–verse though? I thought that a Romulan BoP was in a split–second of footage in one of the movies, (I know that the Klingon D–7/K'tinga was in the Kobyashi Maru scene,) but I could be completely wrong about that.

As for the new ship, maybe DST is intentionally holding off on the debut until later in the show so that they can make a bigger deal about it instead of just having it listed with everything that's already on display. I wouldn't put it past them to pull a Steve Jobs and treat it as a "one more thing" type announcement after we've stopped gushing over the cobra phaser, Select Khan, minimates, and everything else.

I'd say that that list of starships is a pretty comprehensive selection of Star Trek's most popular ships.

I have to agree; it looks like DST is definitely trying to give us what we'd like in a very diverse range of ships. Personally, I'm going to grab everything on that list, but Voyager and the Enterprise–C are at the top of my Federation wishlist, and the Borg Cube and Romulan TNG at the top of my alien wishlist. Chuck has stated in the past that the Borg Cube is a challenge in terms of scale, and that he wants it to be more than, and I'm paraphrasing, "an uninteresting, expensive hollow plastic box," so that to me says that DST wants to get the Cube right when they do it. Awhile back a couple of people including myself suggested outfitting it with neodium magnets so that you could connect multiple cubes to solve the scale issue and basically utilize the concept scene in the Voyager episode Scorpion where cubes fused together. Another idea someone brought up was to stick a Borg Sphere inside of one cube so that we'd have that available as an option as well. (I'd totally buy a Borg Sphere too.) Also, just because the other three ships on the list didn't crack my top four doesn't mean that I'm not interested in them; the Reliant gives me something to pit against my TWOK 1701, and the Defiant is a ship that I'd love to have a DST version of too. Likewise, nobody has done an electronic toy of the D–7/K'tinga before, and while it's not my first or even second choice for the next alien ship, I wouldn't mind having one for the same reason I want an Enterprise–C and wanted an Enterprise–A in 2003, which is at the time, nobody else had done it. (And yes, I bought the reissued Enterprise–A too.) If nothing else, that list should be a sign that DST is keeping an eye on what we're interested in and trying to satisfy as many of us as possible. I know the Romulan BoP initially got a bit of hate, but I personally was quite fond that it was next up on the list because right now the only ships on my shelf that haven't been converted from Playmates to DST releases are the Romulan BoP, the Defiant, Voyager, and the Generations Klingon Bird–of–Prey, and soon only three of those won't have been covered by DST. (While I have DST's Klingon BoP's, I'd definitely shell out some cash for a GEN variant with Lursa and B'tor dialogue clips.) Likewise, as soon as DST does an Enterprise–C, I'm probably going to split my display into Federation and alien ships.

#48 ensignmelkor

ensignmelkor

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

That idea of connecting multiple Borg ships together magnetically to make a much larger cube is intriguing. Of course, the individual cubes would have to be priced reasonably low to make this an attractive option for collectors, as we would need four at least to make a bigger cube. But if they were fifty dollars or less apiece, I could see myself potentially buying four of them to create a monster cube on the shelf. The magnets would have to be very strong as well and the cubes would have to look good interlocked together...but it's definitely an intriguing idea.

Still, I hope a Borg cube is at the bottom of DST's to-do list, just because it's tough to get right, while we all know they could make a great D7 or K'Tinga or Romulan Warbird (or Cardassian battleship if we want to dream) right now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users