Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

http://www.entertain...ber=RBPRP1746BU

Anyone have any thoughts about this? smile.gif

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

eh, I dont collect props but that doesnt appeal to me at all. I was thinking it would follow one of the newer styles or borg weaponry. I dont even think that would display well because it doesnt scream borg to me.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

It looks OK, but there are many other props I would rather see done that I would spend my money.

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

I'm sure it's a nice piece since all of HMS's pieces are nice. It's just not the most interesting prop they've ever put out.

I could understand if they had put out other Borg props, but they've been making this arm weapon for years and they've never released any other Borg props to go with it, so it ends up being bland and out of place. At the very least they should put out a Borg eyepiece to display with it.

#5 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hmm.. I was expecting a little more. That actually does nothing for me.

#6 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

My only thought was ... "meh...so?" Not something I find interesting, at all. What would be more interesting, I think, is a replica of Locutus's borgified arm with the removable end piece that Data broke off.

#7 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

Yeah the problem is it's just one part of a Borg. The Borg are really only identifiable as a whole made of all kinds of stuff. This is the same as if they just sold a TOS phaser handle all by itself, maybe someone would know what it was but most would just ask what is it.

#8 marky

marky

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Does this prop have any sound or light? Or is it just a piece of alliminium and resin?

#9 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

I do not believe it does, but you could always contact Roddenberry.com to make sure.

#10 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

They're making that prop? That's a bet i would have lost, being that it was only really seen in one episode.

#11 marky

marky

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (X-Ray @ Jul 15 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're making that prop? That's a bet i would have lost, being that it was only really seen in one episode.

Its been a long time since a saw that episode (TNG: Descent), so I don't remember the size... Anyone know the size? I can't find the size of it...

#12 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm not sure of the size of it , but here is a pic of the weapon in Data's hand.

#13 Tomperys

Tomperys

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Hi,

Iam not sure if this thread is still actual, but I will build this Borg Arm Weapons. They will be based on the actual HMS model but they will have electronics and some special additional things, that will give it more realism and great look.

If you want, I can measure the HMS prop then and send you the actual sizes smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users