Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#81 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Are they still to be for release in the UK only at this point?

#82 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

I would assume so since I've not heard of Eaglemoss releasing their other collections over in the US? I could be wrong though but I'd assume that if you guys don't have the Batmobile collection which is currently running then you won't be getting the Star Trek Starship collection.

#83 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

The series launches in August I've been informed! Very much looking forward to this collection

Hey all,

Received a letter from Eaglemoss this weekend confirming that they have found a new factory and are going to be releasing in August.

They also state that since I pre-subscribed I would be getting an A4 print of the 1st ship free of charge for my trouble.

Take care,

Matty-lad

#84 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

It's frustrating that for those of us who didn't pre-subscribe can't subscribe atm!!! 

#85 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I am able to get the DC Chess figures and DC Batmobile figures thru a buddy that works at a comic shop. I asked him about this a while ago, and his response was something to the effect of, it depends on if Diamond chooses to import it. If they do, then you should be able to order them thru your comic shop.

#86 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hey all,

Received a letter from Eaglemoss this weekend confirming that they have found a new factory and are going to be releasing in August.

They also state that since I pre-subscribed I would be getting an A4 print of the 1st ship free of charge for my trouble.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Cheers very much for the info, Matty-lad. Relieved that it's finally going ahead. :)

Sure hope that Diamond picks them up for N. American/worldwide release! Yeah, the Batmobile, Potter, and DC lines made it to N. American e-tailers but Eaglemoss is still being cagey about this line.

It's also very possible that some retailers will bring 'em in via the grey market and will ignore licensing issues. Happens all the time.

Seems that mail-order partworks are very rare over here in N.A., probably due to differing postal regs for "magazines". If they follow DeAgostini's SW Ships example, I doubt we'll see the subscriber bonuses (Borg cube, AGT Ent, etc.) here but even so, I'd be stoked to get the rest of the line. 

#87 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

SDC17771.JPG

http://enterprisingy...ncc-1701-d.html 

The Eaglemoss USS Enterprise D arrived today (without magazine, bought cheap on ebay.co.uk).

Nice little ship! I think the guys who've subscribed will be satisfied. 

#88 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Right, well, that's one of the best mini models of the D I've ever seen. If I had the money to spare/space for them, I'd subscribe right now. :/

#89 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

It's really really nice and not too big at all but I'd imagine 70 of them may take up quite a bit of room but you should definitely get the ones you really want if not all of them

#90 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the pictures by the way man. I know I always ask for size comparison pics etc, but is it possible you could take a photo of it next to either the Corgi version of it, or the DST? I like having a solid point of reference if that makes (to something I own as well). :)

#91 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

They look amazing, I want them all! Fervently hope they get an international release!

JayK, Squidgey was kind enough to post comparison shots (with Furutas, F-Toys, JLs, and MMs) at the RS Trek forum here, hope it helps:

http://forum.rebelsc...5/#post19097673

#92 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Oh man, if I get no other ship from this line, I NEED the Romulan Warbird.

#93 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yes, that Warbird is gorgeous. I'll definitely be getting a few of these. :)

#94 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Im hoping these are made available in the US, id buy quite a few of them, including the awesome looking warbird.

#95 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

These will be available in the states,

http://www.startrek-...m/usa/index.asp

I want to subscribe, but it says you get two a month.  Thats forty bucks.  I cant afford that right now. If it was one a month I may be able to.

#96 benlurkin

benlurkin

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Great news that this collection will be available as a subscription in the US as well.  I've signed up and will be sure to pass along any updates I get from Eaglemoss regarding these releases here in the 'States.  It also looks like Diamond will be releasing these ships in stores so anyone interested in particular ships may be able to go that route as well.

I've been collecting and quite enjoying the Batman Automobilia collection, also by Eaglemoss, which is only available via Diamond/retail in the US so with that experience I jumped at the chance to subscribe.  Very exciting news.

#97 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Good ol' Diamond :)

#98 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

But...are these really worth $20 each (probably more than that in the end)?

After collecting ships from DST, Hallmark, Johnny Lightning, Hot Wheels, Heroclix, and Micro-Machines...  starting to feel like I have enough ships, especially the main ones.  I may only be interested in the "oddities" in these lists, if they ever actually get produced.  But I'm not optimistic that "cherry pickers" will have an easy time of things.

Not sure, almost a year after this thread's birth, if I'm as interested as I thought I was.

They look amazing, I want them all! Fervently hope they get an international release!

JayK, Squidgey was kind enough to post comparison shots (with Furutas, F-Toys, JLs, and MMs) at the RS Trek forum here, hope it helps:

http://forum.rebelsc...5/#post19097673

Thanks for that link, that helps, some look pretty good and others look meh.  NX-01 looks pretty good to me.  My first impression of the Warbird was "woah, look at all the windows" but then my next impression was, why are they raised and why is that (apart from a strange paint job that looks...weathered?) really all the detail there is?

#99 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I love these, and I'm just as excited as I was initially. I like them better than the Hot Wheels ships, and those are $15. These come with the magazines and it includes shipping. So I'm definitely subscribing. I'm just so happy we get to subscribe in the US, too!

#100 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

To be fair, I think the Hot Wheels were originally $11.96 or so at Wal-Mart, hoping that they might see wider release this time and be cheaper than the current BBTS/EE listings suggest.

Anybody know how substantial the "magazines" are?  That might be neat, but it could also be more of a gimmick.

Just be sure, unless you want to pay $14 for a new binder every 8 months (each one holds 16 issues), that you check the box on the subscription page waiving the automatic future binder charges.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users