Maybe it is time I pull out my Carded Romulan and list it... smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...p;rd=1&rd=1

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

I need to find a seller that takes food stamps and rebate coupons as payment.

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

You see the price sticker on that figure? $1.79! Those were the days!

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

What is so absurdly unique about this figure that makes people pimp themselves out like that???? I can only hope to be that rich one day!

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

rare and hard to find. That only reason that anything brings big money. Gold is a good example while sand is everywhere and you can get a ton of at a gravel pit for aroun $5.00 bucks.

#6 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

1700.01 That was a nice finishing number.... roflmao.gif

#7 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Wow!!! Originally priced at $1.79 and now sold at $1700.01. Incredible. Do you think 40 years from now DST/AA's stuff will go for that much.... and do not think that the guy who originally bought this toy though that he would one day make a huge profit out of it. Dame!!....

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

One never knows does one?

#9 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

Better hold on to 'dem Tapestry Picard figures.

#10 PlasticGorn

PlasticGorn

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

This one sold for a 1000.00 bucks to Rick at newforce. I guess that answers the question if the repos are going to hurt the market for the originals?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...E:B:WNA:US:1123

#11 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

No a better idea would be when we see what Rick sells it for, not what he bought it for. I doubt that he bought it to keep it. he bought it because it was a steal and he can make money on it. I would have jumped on it for $1,000.00 if I had to put it on my Credit Card.

You know two years ago I could have picked up two of them in the package for no more then $750.00 each. Now, two years later, a dealer is paying $1,000.00, I would not call that a real turn down in the market. When they start selling for $500.00 then, I'll say that the repos hurt the market.

#12 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

Did you post pics of the one you found and purchased in the comic shop during my last visit there? I have always been under the mindset that the repos out today will do nothing but drive up the price on the originals.

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

I agree most casual collectors arent going to buy one at even $500. All the repro does is put a spotlight back onto the style of figure that might attract those looking for collectibles from their youth. I think its the same way when a new movie comes out it drives up the price of merchandise on ebay because people are thinking about it. For instance Jurassic Park stuff is dirt cheap on ebay but if Jurassic Park IV is released I guarentee the exposure will drive those prices up. More exposure is always good.

#14 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Jun 8 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you post pics of the one you found and purchased in the comic shop during my last visit there? I have always been under the mindset that the repos out today will do nothing but drive up the price on the originals.

No I guess that I had forgotten to do it. Too many irons in the fire. I'll get a photo taken soon.

#15 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

hello all...
tis true, I purchased a MOC romulan recently...this was actually done to replace my personal piece that I had recently sold to a customer (for about the same $1000 I paid to replace it, no profit motive, just helping a friend out, and this was a slight condition upgrade)... the figure is not for resale...

that said, the prices paid for original, nice MOC specimens of 3rd aliens have remained strong, and the retro figures have likely increased demand
rick

#16 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

I was talking to Dr mego on the phone the other day and he agreed with you about prices holding steady or maybe even going up. Which makes me sad as I really want one on the card. sad.gif

#17 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Aug 13 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was talking to Dr mego on the phone the other day and he agreed with you about prices holding steady or maybe even going up. Which makes me sad as I really want one on the card. sad.gif
hello all...
I am a pretty active buyer and seller of Mego figures (both Star Trek and WGSH) and I can tell you that right now, activity and prices are definitely on the rise... seems like some folks are even "parking" investment type money into collectibles that they not only believe will go up in value, but that they have a childhood connection to, and feel "safer" about given today's turbulent financial environment...
rick

#18 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Aug 14 2008, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... seems like some folks are even "parking" investment type money into collectibles that they not only believe will go up in value, but that they have a childhood connection to, and feel "safer" about given today's turbulent financial environment...

That's quite interesting!

I would agree that certain types of collectibles will always be in demand and will rise in value... but I question if much of anything made for mass consumption will fall into that category any time soon... if ever!

It seems like most true vintage stuff that it is more difficult to find Mint on Card items or items in good condition at all will accrue in value!

#19 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Aug 22 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's quite interesting!

I would agree that certain types of collectibles will always be in demand and will rise in value... but I question if much of anything made for mass consumption will fall into that category any time soon... if ever!

It seems like most true vintage stuff that it is more difficult to find Mint on Card items or items in good condition at all will accrue in value!

hello all...
true, mego's were made in "mass" quantities 30+ years ago, but only a fraction exist today... the Mego Romulan, for last 15+ years has always sold in and around $1000+ (with it reaching $2500 at the "height" a few years ago)...

today, Star Trek collectibles, for example, are not made in mass, and not marketed outside of the collecting community...so, they "should" hold some value, but I agree that they likely won't ever be worth what a MOC Romulan is worth today (and tomorrow)!
rick

#20 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:13 AM

I can't imagine spending a thousand bucks on an action figure....maybe if i had the money to blow, but man oh man I'd get so much crap for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users