• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

The official Hallmark Dream Book 2010 has been posted online. Here's the link to the ST offerings with pictures, descriptions, and prices. Enjoy. If the link doesn't take you directly to the page, go to pages 60-61.

http://www.hallmark....10_DREAM_ONLINE

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (2thGuy @ Apr 23 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The official Hallmark Dream Book 2010 has been posted online. Here's the link to the ST offerings with pictures, descriptions, and prices. Enjoy. If the link doesn't take you directly to the page, go to pages 60-61.

http://www.hallmark....10_DREAM_ONLINE

The Kirk says that its a "First in a series" so i guess there will be one standing crew member released each year from now on, with Spock as a probable release for next year i suppose. Would be nice if they would make some of the new crew too. I wonder if there will be any exclusives this year like the Uhura from last year.

#3 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Apr 24 2010, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Kirk says that its a "First in a series" so i guess there will be one standing crew member released each year from now on, with Spock as a probable release for next year i suppose. Would be nice if they would make some of the new crew too. I wonder if there will be any exclusives this year like the Uhura from last year.

It says in the small print below the Kirk ornament that each year will be another original series character. We already have ornaments of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Uhura. Since they are probably the best sellers, in that order, I would guess we have 4 years of double-dips to look forward to. Maybe in another 20 years they'll put out a salt vampire.

#4 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

I actually looking forward to the Legends series! I'm skipping Kirk as I already have the Kirk in chair ornament but the rest of the crew I'll be buying. STXI ship looks awesome but I'm disappointed by the Amok Time ornament, they should've instead continued the Trek Tek series with the TOS Tricorder (unless they just have not announced it yet).

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Actually my favorite Halmark ornament last year was "Robbie" the robot. I brought that into work and at least 1/2 dozen other geeks I work with went out and got one because they thought it was pretty cool too!

I was hoping for another great one like that, but I don't really see anything in the dreambook to get too excited about :-(

#6 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hallmark 2010 Star Trek Video

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Wow! Thanks for the video, that was great. I feel like i have already been to the store and seen them. I am thinking that i am going to buy them all this year, i love that 1701, the lights are fantastic, of course they should be for 32.95. The Amok time scene looks great and the musical score being added makes it even cooler! I will probably buy the Kirk because its a first in a series and if i want to have them all eventually i might as well get them now. Of course i bet the Kirk will be a shelf warmer so i may wait until the go on sale after Christmas to get it.

#8 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Hey all,

I received a call last week from Hallmark that my reserved 2010 Star Trek ornaments have arrived. I haven't had a chance yet to pick them up but intend to do so tomorrow.

Curious, since I haven't seen any new thread on this : has anybody else received their ST ornaments yet or am I one of the first ?

#9 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Okay, I received my three 2010 Hallmark a couple of days ago.
All are of the usual Hallmark standard. The only glitch I had was with the USS Enterprise (movie XI) which I had to send back and exchange : the two piece secondary hull had separated and would not stay together ... I could have glued it together but for $45 I expect it in mint perfect condition out of the box; moreover, the battery hatch/lid did not fit snug and was a sight for sore eye. The replacement is perfect.

The Amok Time diarama is good with about 25 seconds of battle theme music blaring...

The Kirk is the typical pose holding a phaser (okay)

Here are pics of my arrived 2010 ST Hallmark Keepsakes:

#10 VE Telus

VE Telus

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

I received my Enterprise Hallmark ornament today in the mail. It was wrapped in white tissue paper inside the box, with an unused baggie of batteries. Is there no inner packaging whatsoever?

#11 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Even starting last year, several of the Star Trek ornaments were already wrapped in tissue paper (somewhat of a disappointment considering the cost of these ornaments are getting more expensive; I speculate that this is Hallmark's approach to save cost & reap bigger profit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users