The newest DST Trek Q & A is up....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

Looks like a great line-up for the for Trek in 2010/2011! I'm glad to see DST taking some risks (the Klingon ship, disruptor), I think/hope they'll find that these kinds of risks mean more money in their company pockets.

#62 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

I bet you the next one after the Disruptor is a Klingon Communicator....they seem to be releasing them in pairs like that...

#63 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

Oooh with sound clips of Kruge and Kirk!

"Maltz! ACTIVATE BEAM!"

#64 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'd love to have a Klingon comm since I never got around to getting a replica of it. With the quality of electronics that DST has been including lately, that would make it even better!

#65 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ May 4 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet you the next one after the Disruptor is a Klingon Communicator....they seem to be releasing them in pairs like that...

BadBunnyMike, that'd be totally awesome. I admittedly need a new Klingon disruptor because my old Playmates one is practically falling apart from years of, shall we say, "Klingon diplomacy" for lack of a better term. wink.gif However, a Klingon communicator is kind of on my wish-list, and if we got one from TSFS with Kirk speaking Klingon to Maltz, I can only hope it'd open up the door to a larger ST III line.

Think of what an ST III line might look like: Federation Phaser/Tricorder/Communicator Trek Tek and maybe a quasi-reissue of the self-destructing Enterprise from TSFS, but with a new sound chip, (rather than the Enterprise-A's) complete with the computer counting and Kruge screaming "GET OUT OF THERE!" right before the ship explodes. And maybe, just maybe such a line would give DST the ability to finally get the Kruge/Maltz two-pack released, which is admittedly right under Sisko+Command Chair on my "Why did they cancel this?" list.

Since it seems like DST is focusing on ships and Tek, I really hope we start to see some more 24th Century stuff soon, not just TNG, but DS9 and VOY as well. The Klingon stuff really seems to be good at bridging the gap between the 23rd and 24th Century (BoPs, Disruptors, Dag'tah knives etc.) in terms of ships and Tek, so hopefully this will be the start of moving beyond the 23rd Century and the Kirk/Spock reissues. (Don't get me wrong, reissues can be a good thing, but lately we've gotten too much of a good thing when it comes to Kirk and Spock--they've been multiplying like tribbles.)

Crash, let me welcome you to the forums. Don't worry, we're usually quite civilized here, but debates about DST often make all of us very passionate, both with the things that we like and the things that we don't like. I look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future though. Also, is that Athrun (Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny) Zala in your avatar? In any case, welcome to the TrekToy forums.

Finally Totalus_Kat, I wanted to let you know that I do respect your opinion, even if I disagree with some of the points that you made. (I'm sure you disagree with the points I've made as well.) As you noted, this wouldn't be a forum if we didn't discuss things, and share our differing opinions. smile.gif I think FHC's analogy actually sums up TrekToy (and Trek fans as a whole) perfectly. In an odd way, this place sort of symbolizes the Vulcan IDIC. smile.gif

#66 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

This doesn't have much to do with the Q&As, but I didnt know where else to mention it. Sorry mods! wink.gif Action figure insider has an interview with former Art Asylum First Lady, Donna Soldano. Makes me wish for the days of Digger, Adam and the rest of the gang!
http://www.actionfig...h-donna-soldano

#67 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:48 AM

A short read. A bit of downer IMO, as she basically says there is nothing new and exciting out there and she doesn't think it's even worth anyone's effort to do something new.

It would have been a better interview if they talked about how she and Digger met and came up w/ Art Asylum, you know a retrospect of sorts.

#68 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ May 11 2010, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A short read. A bit of downer IMO, as she basically says there is nothing new and exciting out there and she doesn't think it's even worth anyone's effort to do something new.

It would have been a better interview if they talked about how she and Digger met and came up w/ Art Asylum, you know a retrospect of sorts.

Sad,but true. I think she feels the same way we do about everything. Hollywood has been uninspired and has been unispiring in the last decade. It is crossing over into evrything in mainstream. The only thing showing real development and originality, that retail is giving any kind of a chance, is sadly, videogames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users