• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

I see that the BD Khan figure will be the Marlena Moreau this year, with the exclusives of Chekov, McCoy, Scotty and Sulu the SDCC exclusives with the Khan as the freebie. Man, there is so much stuff coming out this year, i may need to start working overtime to keep up.

#42 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Feb 11 2007, 11:13 AM) View Post

Action-figure.com had this to mention in their Trek coverage ...
So we might indeed still be seeing the pilot version.

Keep in mind that Toy Fair is an industry event and not meant for consumers. The products that are being shown are for the retailers benefit to show them what can be available should there be interest. The BD Enterprise-E has been shown off before and it has never materialized. The pilot versions of the TOS Enterprise as well. So even though we are seeing them at Toy Fair, that doesn't mean we'll be able to get them any time soon, or ever at all. It all depends on how strongly the retailers respond.

#43 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Feb 11 2007, 07:29 PM) View Post

Keep in mind that Toy Fair is an industry event and not meant for consumers. The products that are being shown are for the retailers benefit to show them what can be available should there be interest. The BD Enterprise-E has been shown off before and it has never materialized. The pilot versions of the TOS Enterprise as well. So even though we are seeing them at Toy Fair, that doesn't mean we'll be able to get them any time soon, or ever at all. It all depends on how strongly the retailers respond.

Yeah, that's why I used the word 'might.' tongue.gif I do still have to remind myself not to get too excited about everything we see at the cons though.

#44 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

Sorry dude, didn't want it to sound like I was addressing you directly. I only quoted your post because it was the most recent one that mentioned the pilot Enterprises.

#45 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:47 PM

Yay for a TNG chair! (and yay for a Season 2-7 chair). Now if only they could have Riker come with his chair. I know it won't happen, but a guy can hope.

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Feb 11 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post

I see that the BD Khan figure will be the Marlena Moreau this year, with the exclusives of Chekov, McCoy, Scotty and Sulu the SDCC exclusives with the Khan as the freebie.

Really??! this has possibility!

1. You can get a regular Khan, so the fee excl is really just a bonus

2. I hope they do the same thing at SDCC, and get Ricardo to sign the figures for free...

3. If they do all that, it means DST will probably offer up some Packaged Signed versions.

4. I'm sure that extras will be available from NFC or AFX just like they were this year for people not able to go.

I think I need to book a hotel in San Dieago right now smile.gif

#47 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Feb 11 2007, 09:00 PM) View Post

Sorry dude, didn't want it to sound like I was addressing you directly. I only quoted your post because it was the most recent one that mentioned the pilot Enterprises.

Yeah, yeah, punk! Don't make me come out swinging! laugh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

#48 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:34 PM) View Post

Yeah, yeah, punk! Don't make me come out swinging! laugh.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 12 2007, 02:14 PM) View Post

2. I hope they do the same thing at SDCC, and get Ricardo to sign the figures for free...

3. If they do all that, it means DST will probably offer up some Packaged Signed versions.

I'd be in for that!

#49 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Feb 13 2007, 10:34 AM) View Post

roflmao.gif

That really tickled my funny bone!

Anyway...

I think the deal with BD Khan is a pretty cool idea. I may not have bought him otherwise, so this is good incentive...as it is a really cool figure.

I was also hoping to see a chair with the S1 Riker....but I gather that does seem a bit elaborate with the troubles DST are having these days. I'm just happy to see S1 figures.

#50 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

It would have been nice to at least get the center portion of the bridge:

Picard with command chair
Riker with chair
Troi with chair
Tahsa Yar with horseshoe tactical console (maybe make this a big set with Worf as well)

All connecting together.

#51 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:05 AM

Well, it looks like AGT Crusher was on display somewhere.
She's on the left

#52 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:33 AM

Initially I did a big groan when I saw yet another captain in chair variant. But having seen it, I like it! smile.gif

#53 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:12 PM

I don't really care about the chair variants. I would get Sisko in his chair and Kirk in his TWOK chair, but that's about it. As most of you know, I mainly only buy ships.

#54 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

http://74.52.193.82/...?g2_itemId=1267

It appears to me we are getting the same arms that were on the Data/ LaForge wave on the TWOK line!! angry.gif angry.gif

And no uniball waist either!!

Still buying them though. They have me right where they want me, and I won't even get a kiss first lol.

#55 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Feb 15 2007, 02:04 AM) View Post

It appears to me we are getting the same arms that were on the Data/ LaForge wave on the TWOK line!! angry.gif angry.gif

Yeah, look like that. sad.gif So watch out for "breaking arms"!

LoT

#56 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:57 AM

The last Buffy wave had a good number of limb breakages as well. Hopefully they use better plastic for TWOK and future releases. Spending a little more on better quality plastic has to be much less than all the replacement figures they have to send out plus the shipping they have to pay for as well.

#57 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Just had to dig this old thread up. 2007 DST had great product

#58 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:06 AM

I would say they had "good product" with a couple of great releases, with lackluster service and releases schedules. To be more accurate.

#59 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

The TWOK crew was Great product IMO. When they 1st took it over DSTs  releases where pretty timely... but they did start to have some quality issues... for me most notable were the deformed legs on a run. Luckily you could swap them with a previous wave, but that did make them a bit more costly. 

#60 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

I liked the twok stuff for the most part but they were hardly perfect either. For one thing, Spock was shorter than kirk, the paint was oddly tinted and too thick on the heads, The eyes on a lot of Kirks were misaligned, and let's not forget That for some "genius" reason they decided to make most of them con exclusives. I think they made two or three male bodies and just put different heads and rank on them too. They were good, but not great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users