Chat with Chuck!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Did you even know we had a chat room? Well ... we do. Look up top to that bar that you never look at. LOL

Chuck with DST has agreed to chat with us soon!

I'll have a date and time coming up. Stay tuned!

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

It looks like no one has paid attention to that chat room in some time. If you click the "back to forum" button on the bottom, it takes you to the old "My Star Trek Toys" forum, the precursor to this one.

#3 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Very cool of him to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to attend (doubtful, but I'll keep my fingers crossed)!

#4 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I'll tune in if I catch it in time, hoping to hear some K-BoP updates.

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Apr 25 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like no one has paid attention to that chat room in some time. If you click the "back to forum" button on the bottom, it takes you to the old "My Star Trek Toys" forum, the precursor to this one.

Mmmmmm it's working for me. smile.gif

#6 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Not to be the one for negativity, but will the questions be screened before hand? Because from previous topics from here and also reading the Q&A's, I see a lot of complaints along the lines of "will you ever release this?" or "why can't you make this?" and no offence intended but I'd have no desire whatsoever to visit the chat should that happen.

regs,
TK

#7 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Totalus_Kat @ Apr 26 2010, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to be the one for negativity, but will the questions be screened before hand? Because from previous topics from here and also reading the Q&A's, I see a lot of complaints along the lines of "will you ever release this?" or "why can't you make this?" and no offence intended but I'd have no desire whatsoever to visit the chat should that happen.

regs,
TK

Yes, any kind of chat has to be constructive to make it worthwhile for both Chuck and the fans. There's no point is barrelling the guy with complaints about cancellations.

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

The tentative chat date is Tuesday, May 4th 8:00 PM EST.

#9 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

I may actually be able to check it out! I'm not sure if I really have any constructive questions, but it should still be interesting. smile.gif

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Cool. I'll have to mark my calendar. While DST Chuck might not have alot to say about Action-Figures at the moment, maybe he'll be able to give us some hope for their future. I have a million questions about the DST/Playmates TOS figure that were planned. Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on if these may show up in the future. I am also very interested in finding out more about DST/ EMCE Mego Repros...I'm hoping that maybe TNG may show up in this line! It's always good to hear from Chuck. It let's us know that at least someone cares about the line, even in the midst of all these cancellations and setbacks.

#11 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's always good to hear from Chuck. It let's us know that at least someone cares about the line, even in the midst of all these cancellations and setbacks.

That's the thing.. I want to be angry about the cancellations, but I know they'd much rather be producing this stuff and having more money rolling in (plus Chuck seems a fan himself from what I've read). So now I can be angry, just not really to anyone. wink.gif

#12 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (reverie @ Apr 28 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the thing.. I want to be angry about the cancellations, but I know they'd much rather be producing this stuff and having more money rolling in (plus Chuck seems a fan himself from what I've read). So now I can be angry, just not really to anyone. wink.gif

It's all those corporate buyers that should be hearing our gripes! Some how they think evrything should be marketed like Iron Man, Transformers, Etc..Etc in order to be a success. I honestly believe the one's selling toys in the big three (Toys R Us, Wal Mart and Target) were in a coma or had their heads stuck in their rearends during the 80's. Back in the 80's every toy line was original and didn't necessarily have to be a multi-media tie-in. Heck, for the longest time, Animated shows by law could not be based on a toy line. Man, how things have changed. Until the suits quit having a say in what they are going to bring to the masses, we are all screwed. Unless something can be put on a cereal box,birthday supplies, video games and driven into the ground with any other product tie-in it doesn't stand a chance unless it sales are internet based only. Hopefully DST can get something going similar to mattycollector and the Masters of the Universe Classic line. I think that if it were done right it could be successful.

#13 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

Well, maybe if any of the posters on here have media/advertising experience they would be willing to share their experience with the guys at DST. It may be that they need to experiment with their marketing model on a shoestring budget.

#14 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Pauln6 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, maybe if any of the posters on here have media/advertising experience they would be willing to share their experience with the guys at DST. It may be that they need to experiment with their marketing model on a shoestring budget.

I'd be interested to know what their marketing model is to begin with. I rarely see new information unless I go looking for it.

#15 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hmm... I'm going to try and attend this, but if I can't, I really hope someone will post a transcript on the forum for the rest of us to read. I probably won't have anything to ask that nobody else won't have already asked, but if you need questions in advance to screen, here are a few to choose from:

1. What's the status of the Klingon BOP, Enterprise-B, and Excelsior toys; any chance that we'll see them this year?

2. Awhile back you (Chuck) mentioned that DST was looking into reissuing the Enterprise-E, is there still a chance of this happening?

3. Speaking of the Enterprise-E, is there any chance of DST retooling some of their old ships such as the Enterprise-E and NX-01, and releasing some form of "deluxe" or "HD" line, similar to the additional detail that was added to the "HD 1701?"

4. Any chance that the 7" line will make a comeback in 2011 if the economy improves; if so is it possible that we'll see the Sisko+Command Chair figure and/or the Kruge+Maltz two-pack, or anything from Voyager? Don't get me wrong, I love the figures that've been released so far, but I feel like the 7" line could be more diverse, and a little less focused on Kirk and Spock.

5. Can you tell us anything about what's in store for Trek Tek, and is there any chance of seeing some 24th Century Trek Tek in the future?

6. If Playmates drops the license to the 2009 movie, will DST be picking it up or considering picking it up? Also, what effect, if any, did Playmates putting all of their Trek toys on hold have on the 3.75" line of TOS figures that DST was going to be sculpting for them?

Again, if anybody can ask any one of those questions if I'm not there, I'd appreciate it. If someone already plans on asking one of those questions, I wouldn't mind if someone else asked one that won't or hasn't been asked 20,000 times. I guess I'd have more questions of the 7" line wasn't on hold, but right now I'm really psyched for the ships like the BoP and the Trek Tek line. smile.gif

#16 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

What happened to the chat tonight? No one is there.

#17 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

I remembered about this early in the day, then forgot at some point! I was going to post here to question if it was still happening, and I just remembered again! Apparently I didn't miss anything though.. any updates?

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

I completely dropped the ball on this everyone. I had a big project come up for work and didn't even glance at my home pc Tuesday night. I will check on this tonight when I get home tonight. Sorry.

#19 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Ok, new plan in the works. I am VERY sorry for letting this go. Chuck is still interested. I have asked him to look at his calendar and let me know when would be cool.

I'll update when I have new news.

Please forgive me. <whimpers>

#20 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

It's ok bro! It happens to the best of us! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users