• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

I went by Burger King and got the first four toys(Kirk,Scotty,Tricorder and shuttle) and the first glass(Kirk). The Glasses are really cool, come in a nice box and are really nice looking. I didnt buy any food but i got the glass for $1.99 and the toys for $1.00 each. I got some of the kids meal bags,(they had Spock on them) and a set of the 4 cups they have. I think i like the paper cups as much as the glass! This feels like 4 years ago when i hounded the same Burger King for Revenge of the Sith toys. I wish ROTS had glasses instead of the lame watches.

#42 STLCardsfan

STLCardsfan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

I bought 2 sets of glasses yesterday. They did make me order a value meal but didn't limit the number of glasses. These are nice. These are my first restaurant collector movie glasses since Return of The Jedi. I hope they do more.

#43 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

I'm off to BK today for lunch- wish me luck on getting the glasses!

#44 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

My g/f bought some glasses for me without having to buy a combo meal. I bought a 2nd set, but I would feel a bit jerky not getting a meal, so I didn't try that. For some reason they only charged me $6.99 for all 4 glasses (the receipt said 4xSTAR TREK or something)...

The glasses are really neat, though on mine the printing process seems to have been a bit off. Most notably, Kirk's shirt looks mostly black with a couple goldish highlights on the edges. In pictures I have seen, it is supposed to be a very noticeable gold throughout. Hopefully the one she got is better.

#45 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

I think I'll aim for two of each.. from the BK closest to my work I got 2 Kirks, 2 Neros and 1 Uhura. I'm not sure what they had toy-wise, but I'm skipping those anyway. They would be cool for kids I think though! Well, I'll be at another one this Saturday, so the hunt is on!

#46 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

I got my glasses yesterday. Originally the girl charged me for a 4-pack ($6.99) but the manager said that was wrong and you had to ring them up individually so it ended up being a dollar more! Still not too bad...just annoying.

#47 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

I picked up the Spock glass. Great looking glass and box. But I'm afraid to drink out of it though, looks too nice to put liquid in.

-cs

#48 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

Got the Glasses today but my BK HAd nothing else Trek, No toys, no paper cups, no bags nothing....UGH I hate Oroville even more now....my Wal-mart doesn't have the toys and my BK has like nothing too.... *cries*

#49 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Got all the glasses now well now I have a spare Spock glass and the fries cup was Trek too!

-cs

#50 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ May 6 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got all the glasses now well now I have a spare Spock glass and the fries cup was Trek too!

-cs

#51 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

My BK STILL doesn't have the toys, paper products or anything other than the glasses...it is pissing me off

#52 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ May 10 2009, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My BK STILL doesn't have the toys, paper products or anything other than the glasses...it is pissing me off

Ebay will be your best bet then, there will be tons of sets sold on ebay, so no shortage there but the prices will be a little higher than getting it at burger king. Actually if you factor in the time and gas going around to get all of the toys, it may be cheaper to buy a set off of ebay.

#53 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

I ordered a meal and got a Kirk cup and an Uhura fry cup to join my Enterprise fry cup I got a few days ago.

-cs

#54 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

Does anybody know what the next wave of toys is? I was told they were doing 4 per week, and the first week (last week) I got Kirk, Scotty, the shuttle, and the tricorder. Today, I went into a BK and asked if they had any more toys yet, and the cashier told me they had 3 new ones, so I picked up Spock, Uhura, and the Kelvin. I suspect that he was misinformed and that there actually are 4 new ones this week. Can anybody verify this and tell me what the fourth is so I can ask for it specifically by name?

Also, I picked up a 3rd set of glasses (can't get too many...you know one day one will break or the dishwasher will eat them up and you'll be thinking, I shoulda bought more when I had the chance!)... And the first BK I went to was sold out of Spock... So, I guess he may be the most popular in glass form?

#55 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

The fourth toy for the second week is the Enterprise. Since the kelvin and Enterprise are the same color and a litle similar, its not easy for the uninformed non trekkie to tell the difference. I bought a second set of glasses today as well. I do have several extra Spock glasses to satisfy my Vulcan cravings.

#56 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

Any ideas/tips on how to dry out paper cups and removing the grease from the fries containers.

I'm going the hard way VF! Hehee!

Oh lord save me from eating juicy delicious burgers! LOL wink.gif

-cs

#57 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ May 10 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any ideas/tips on how to dry out paper cups and removing the grease from the fries containers.

I'm going the hard way VF! Hehee!

Oh lord save me from eating juicy delicious burgers! LOL wink.gif

-cs

#58 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

Excellent idea, cups are easy though take the napkins wipe it thoroughly inside and out. Better yet use a Sham-WOW! LOL

-cs™

PS What would you say they will cost, because that can't just give it away, or can they?

#59 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ May 10 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS What would you say they will cost, because that can't just give it away, or can they?

Depends on where you go. They gave them to me at the place i went, but other places or employess may charge a few cents for them.

#60 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

I now have 12 of the 16 Star Trek toys from Burger King. The last four will be Original Spock, Hoverbike,Warbird and Chekovand should be out in about a week or so. It has been really neat getting all of the stuff from Burger King, the toys, the glasses and even the paper items such as drink cups, fry cups, kids meal bags, they are really neat collectors items. I didnt go all out back when Burger King had the Revenge of the Sith toys and all. I did get the toys and watches but only one or two paper cups, and they were ones i had purchased with a soda in it. Something about Star Trek that just motivates me to get everything i can before its gone and ebay is the only place you can get it at scalpers prices. Anyone else buying these? this thread seems pretty quiet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users