• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

According to tvshowsondvd.com, the upcoming "Star Trek: Alternate Realities" DVD set will feature a limited-edition figure: some sort of Geordi. (This is a similar offer to the Tapestry Picard one with the Q set, it seems.)

http://www.tvshowson...-Realities/9752

The article speculates Captain La Forge from the "Timeless" episode of "Voyager" (the one where future Harry & Chakotay save Voyager from crashing on an icy planet). The only other possibility I can think of is "Yesterday's Enterprise" Geordi. Either episode could be considered an alternate reality.

Any other guesses?

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

Keeping with the alternate theme I would guess at one of those two. I|f it is timeless it would be a pretty impressive figure. The would need to use the Nem Geordi figure with recolored hair. However they would also need to make the future style communicator pin. I beleieve it was molded onto the Ad Riker figure. Id put my money on that one.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

I like the sound of this. The last time I found the disks cheaper then I could have bought the figure and I had the disks to boot.

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Very nice!

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

Since Nemesis Geordi's combadge was a separately molded piece, it would be relatively cheap and easy for them to mold a future combadge that would replace it. Good idea and it will definitely be a cool variant.

#6 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

Knowing how DST does things, it might be AGT Georgie as "standalone" figure... nothing new to produce, not even having to give the figure a new paintapp...
Just put him in a plastic bag... and... bahahhahaha...

LoT

(Hoping for a brand new figure)

#7 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

Other Possibilities for the figure would be a First Contact Geordi figure. The same head, without the nemesis beard, or an insurrection Geordi, same exact head, he just has working eyes instead of optical implants.

#8 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:54 AM

It could also be Geordi from "Future Imperfect"

http://tng.trekcore....s...m=81&page=4

He's wearing the gold uniform with commbadge that has 4 lines behind the arrowhead, and has no visor. Which would go well with Chain of Command Data, if you ignore the commbadge differences.

#9 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE(Jedigreedo @ Jun 2 2008, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could also be Geordi from "Future Imperfect"

Pardon the tangent, but do you know what's funny about that episode? About the same amount of time has passed (16 years) since that episode was filmed as was supposed to have passed in that episode. How different they all look in real life now from their "Future Imperfect" counterparts!

I guess it's possible they could make a Season 1 or Season 2 Geordi. I just can't think what episode it might tie into. (Season 2's "Time Squared"?)

Or maybe it will be a regular Season 7 Geordi -- this time at the right scale and with non-shiny paint?!

#10 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(Gordo @ Jun 2 2008, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe it will be a regular Season 7 Geordi -- this time at the right scale and with non-shiny paint?!

That might involve a new mold, which would be a no-go. It's going to be a repaint/slight retool guaranteed. They also would never release the same figure twice just to do a slight scale change.

#11 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

Additional details:

http://trekmovie.com...ective-dvd-set/

"Timeless" (ST:VOY) is confirmed on the set.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

Nice. Another Geordi to add to the display.

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

I was always hoping they were going to make that figure. I guess it also counts as another series/movie that DST has produced figures from. I think its going to be a pretty good deal for the $27 plus shipping for a figure and a set of discs. Maybe DST should also try a few other offers kinda like what they do with the stargate line.

#14 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

So if the DVD sn't released until Mid-Septemeber, anyone want to hazard a guess when they'll say what variation of Geordi it'll be?

#15 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

I am actually hoping for S1 Geordi in his Red Command uniform. I know it will probably be Voyager Captain LaForge from the alternate universe.....but I'd rather have a figure that can be displayed with a group. For me, its right up there with Mirror Worf....just a random figure. I highly doubt DST will continue to give us Mirror DS9 figures, so Mirror Worf is just out there by his lonesome. Thats why I want S1 LaForge....to display him with my S1 Picard and Riker. Anyways, just my two cents.

#16 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(J C R @ Jun 9 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am actually hoping for S1 Geordi in his Red Command uniform. I know it will probably be Voyager Captain LaForge from the alternate universe.....but I'd rather have a figure that can be displayed with a group. For me, its right up there with Mirror Worf....just a random figure. I highly doubt DST will continue to give us Mirror DS9 figures, so Mirror Worf is just out there by his lonesome. Thats why I want S1 LaForge....to display him with my S1 Picard and Riker. Anyways, just my two cents.

Well, look who decided to join the Forum in my absence!!! JCR!!! biggrin.gif

I can't imagine a Captain LaForge baing difficult to make and Iwould be displying him with my Captain Beverly Picard and Admiral Riker (from "All Good Things...").

#17 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

But... since I own all the trek DVD's I'll need to look for a sale where basically I'm buying the Figure.

If I can get it for about $25 or $30 bucks and sell the DVD set for $10 it'd be wash I think.

#18 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

I'd like a season 1 version as well.

Though I really don't mind, I'm just happy to be receiving another Geordi.

#19 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

It's officially Captain Geordi from 'Timeless.'
http://trekmovie.com...ective-dvd-set/

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

excellent. i guess DST can check off Voyager from their list of series done......they better not though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users