Gordo's Content

There have been 6 items by Gordo (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#52380 Chat with Chuck!

Posted by Gordo on 18 May 2010 - 06:03 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ May 18 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transcript from Chat with Chuck 05/13/10:

Thanks so much for posting the transcript! I'm so sorry I missed this chat.

What a top-notch guy Chuck is for taking the time -- and having the courage -- to do this!

#50337 Insurrection 12" Figs...

Posted by Gordo on 20 February 2010 - 07:50 PM in Playmates

QUOTE (Gordo @ Feb 20 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off the top of my head:
-None of the 12" figures have stands.
-The male figures have peg holes in their feet, so I've used 9" stands as substitutes; however, the females do not have peg holes.

Also:

The male 12" bodies were first produced for the specially boxed Kirk and Picard figures (which came with a book). As I say, these figures had peg holes but no stands.

There was a planned deluxe edition of the 12" figures at one point. Kirk, Spock, Picard, Data, and others were planned to be released in dress uniform on a deluxe base that played Majel Roddenberry providing a bio. I assume that these figures would've reused the original Kirk/Picard body, so the peg holes would've finally come in handy for plugging them into their talking base.

...However, that line never made it into production. And Playmates did not start throwing stands in for the "regular" male 12" figures that came out in the interim, so I assume that they just dropped the peg holes altogether when they got around to making the 12" female body (Troi, Uhura, Janeway, Seven).

#50336 Insurrection 12" Figs...

Posted by Gordo on 20 February 2010 - 07:39 PM in Playmates

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Feb 20 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: So i checked and it seems that NONE of the 12" Playmates figures from the 90's had stands with them, unless the female figures do, i dont have any of those to check.

Off the top of my head:
-None of the 12" figures have stands.
-The male figures have peg holes in their feet, so I've used 9" stands as substitutes; however, the females do not have peg holes.

#48925 Movie Ships & Tech & Playsets Discussion

Posted by Gordo on 31 December 2009 - 08:01 AM in Playmates

Stumbled onto this just now:

The Bridge playset (Star Trek 2009 movie) has been recalled in Canada because the viewscreen contains excessive amounts of barium. Perhaps even more surprising is that the article states that only 950 units were sold across Canada!

http://www.healthyca...mp;StartIndex=1

#39334 Burger King STXI Promotion Details

Posted by Gordo on 31 May 2009 - 12:50 PM in Everything else.

I've finally found a Capt. Kirk glass!

I had sent out pleas to family & friends to aid in my search. After comparing notes, we realized that in Ontario, the Burger King distributor in Mississauga had sent the Kirk glasses out to the stores well before sending out the other three glasses, so Kirk sold out quite quickly (at least, in major urban areas).

I decided that the trick might be to go off the beaten path. I was in a rural area south of the city for a wedding yesterday, so I barged into their local BK and, in my full suit, anxiously spewed out the words, "DO YOU HAVE ANY CAPT. KIRK GLASSES?!"

...The staff seemed genuinely confused by my request. They didn't seem to know whether they had Kirk glasses...or whether they had any Star Trek glasses...or whether they had any Star Trek anything...or what Star Trek was and why I was asking about it...despite all the Star Trek signage in the store.

After the staff collected their wits about them and decided that they did, indeed, have Kirk glasses, I asked for three of the suckers. Then I asked for a chicken-finger combo...but that wasn't on their cheat-sheet, so I changed course and asked for a #6 before totally ruining both their days and my chances at walking away with a Kirk glass.

...I REALLY, REALLY wanted to ask if they'd sell me all the Kid's Meal toys in their Star Trek display, but that would REALLY have been pushing my luck.

In retrospect, methinks the staff at that BK got just as good a story out of this as I did: "So it's four o'clock on Saturday, and this guy walks in wearing a suit, and we ask what he wants, and he says he wants three Dr. Spock glasses from that Star Wars movie..."

#38444 Burger King STXI Promotion Details

Posted by Gordo on 18 May 2009 - 06:59 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 18 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the Burger King employees are clueless about Star Trek.

Me, asking about the glasses: Which ones do you have?
BK Dude: The girl, and Vino or whatever his name is.

Another customer, asking about the glasses: How many are in the set?
BK Dude: I don't know.