#21 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Feb 2 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one I have from them is in my post right above this about 5 posts. There are 19 photos in a row of it. I guess you didn't scroll up very far did you. tongue.gif

I really don't think that it looks like a Warp-one

Here's the move jacket

Shadow Dale

and the Warp-One

You can see for one thing the belt loops on the front of the jacket are the same in the movie one and the Shadow Dale. I can also see and the level of trim around the shoulder strap is the same between the two. Also, the movie photo matches my jacket where the opening fastens to the flap.
http://www.trekfigures.com/wok/001.jpg

I can tell you my jacket weighs in at about 6 pounds. I would hate to film a movie with this hot made of wool jacket on!!!

Really, you must open your eyes. wink.gif
Now, more than ever I am convinced the uniform Capt. Harriman is wearing is a Warp-One jacket with undershirt. Look at the mumbers I've added to the picture.

1: The collar of the undershirt is too flat.
2: No seam in the middle of the chest piece.
3: The black rim (part where the jacket closes) goes strait down vertically instead of it being curved.
4: (Dead give-away), the belt loops are on the wrong side of the part where the jacket closes!
5: The shoulder pads make the distinctive Warp-One shape.
6: Even more distinctive is the fact that due to a slight error in the patern the Warp-One jackets are real tight between the armpit and the chestpiece (this is on both sides)

The belt loops being on the wrong side of the closing edge is because of the part where the jacket closes not being curved like on the originals. There are no belt loops on the Warp-One jackets so someone must have sewn some as I did on my jacket. Only this person has sewn them on the wrong side since there's little place on the right side.

#22 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

I'm thinking once I lose a little weight, I'll look into one of the Nemesis uniforms myself. Definately some nice stuff, my problem is I don't want to be wearing this when I'm out checking the mail laugh.gif

#23 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:21 AM

UFP and I talked to Sky Conway the producer / one of the writers of Of gods and Men at the Seattle con and he told us that Shadow Dale made them. That's why I bought mine from him.

Dale does not supply the undershirt, that might account for something.

I wondered about the seam as well.

Mine is tight in the under arm area as well

In a big blow up on the move shot I can see that is the same belt as I have and if it not it's real close.

I'll ask Dale to drop in and post if he wants to.

#24 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

The Wrath of Khan uniforms in Of Gods And Men were supplied by James Cawley. They were NOT made by us.

#25 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Feb 2 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UFP and I talked to Sky Conway the producer at the Seattle con and he told us that Shadow Dale made them. That's why I bought mine from him.

I'll just ask Dale to drop in and post if he wants to.

Yes please do. But I'm convinced that although your uniform by Shadow Dale is way more accurate than my Warp-One jacket, on this picture Cpt Harriman wears a Warp-One jacket.

I'm thinking about buying Shadow Dale stuff as soon as I get some money.

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:47 AM

well there is the answer.

GeneralMayhem up there is Shadow Dale.

I just watched the trailer and I have to agree that what he's wearing is not a nice as what I have. Where I have nice snaps it looks more like Velcro on that movie jacket ect...

I guess that I must have misunderstood Sky? Oh well I have a nicer one then they had in the movie!! biggrin.gif

#27 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:51 AM

Yup, velcro it is. It's velcro on the Warp-One uniforms and that particular one IS a Warp-One uniform.

Never argue with a genious. Though he may take you up to his level, he sure as hell beats you with experience! biggrin.gif

Just kidding.

#28 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

Well you would think the guy (Sky) would know. That was not about not being smart enough that was about trusting someone else to much tongue.gif

#29 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

As in the newspaper business, you have to check your reference material before going to press.

wink.gif

#30 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Feb 2 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you would think the guy (Sky) would know. That was not about not being smart enough that was about trusting someone else to much tongue.gif

You've got a great uniform! Waaaay better than mine. But the point I was making was not about being smart. It was about using your eyes and noticing details.

#31 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

Oh well I understood Sky to say that and I figured he would know. That's kind of funny because I don't trust that many people without checking what they say out in detail. I guess that once I checked out the SD website I never really thought about it from there.

GM did you get to make any of them for the movie? It's a shame if not. It would have been a great place for your talents.

#32 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

Our contribution to the Of Gods And Men costumes was confined to supplying some last minute TOS costuming. My good friend Peter Christian shot me an 11th hour S.O.S., and we were glad to help out. Unfortunately there has been some confusion about some of the less accurate costumes that were not made by us, and I was glad to have the opportunity to clear that up.

Oh, and with regard to our custom made security wheel, we can also make them in metal if reqested, for a nominal fee, as well as accepting commissions on variant security wheels you may have seen on other characters.

~ Steve

#33 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

GeneralMayhem, allow me to congratulate you on your work.
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a bomber jacket made by you?

#34 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Feb 2 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dale does not supply the undershirt, that might account for something.

Yes they do.

Division color shirt made from cotton spandex has quilted collar and cuffs, invisible back zipper, and hook and eye closure.

Star Trek Wrath Of Khan Shirt - Cotton $75.00

#35 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

How in the world did I miss ordering that?

I guess that happens when you work 60 hours a week go to class two nights a week have 2 kids and a forum and have to post on said forum from your blackberry where it's tough to do tons of searchs.

I guess I will have to make time to go on line from home and order the shirt because I won't be able to burn up properly without a 2 pound shirt on under my 5 pound jacket. smile.gif

#36 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Feb 2 2007, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a bomber jacket made by you?

Sorry, as of yet, no one has ordered one, despite many inquiries. I got so tired of answering questions as to how much it would be, I added a price to the list of available items.

smile.gif

~ Steve

#37 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Feb 4 2007, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, as of yet, no one has ordered one, despite many inquiries. I got so tired of answering questions as to how much it would be, I added a price to the list of available items.

smile.gif
~ Steve

I got such a bomber jacket from a guy in Canada. But I'm not very happy with it. The suede was synthetic, but I knew that. But these next things I didn't know before I got the jacket. The parts that should be leather were made out of fabric, the cuffs didn't open, the pockets were missing and the shoulders were way too wide. I'm thinking of buying a new one, since it is my all time favorite Star Trek uniform.

I had close-up pictures of the one Scotty used to wear, where you can see the pockets and the belt buckle. They were taken by someone who was on stage when it was auctioned. Unfortunately they're on a HD of a computer that is no longer functional.

#38 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Feb 4 2007, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had close-up pictures of the one Scotty used to wear, where you can see the pockets and the belt buckle. They were taken by someone who was on stage when it was auctioned. Unfortunately they're on a HD of a computer that is no longer functional.

Wow. That's too bad. I would have loved to have seen them.

#39 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

We're in luck. They were still on my webspace somewhere!

Bomber jacket

You can't see the pockets here though. Just the buckle, the stitches on the cuffs and some details. In fact, Larry took those pictures for me because I asked him details about the buckle.

Here's another one:

James Doohan Bomber Jacket

And here's me in my bomber jacket. As you can see, no pockets, no leather, no shoulderpads, shoulders that are too wide, etc.

My bomber jacket

Here's a screencap that shows the pocket on one side. A bit fuzzy, but I'll try to access my HD in another PC by next week.

#40 GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

Yes, I'm familiar with these photos. I saw them when they were posted at the 1701st.

You're right, the jacket that person made for you is a poor reproduction. Aside from the changes in materials, the details are just WRONG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users