• 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:56 AM

hey guys, check out my avatar - look familiar? biggrin.gif

#42 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

^^^LMFAO! tongue.gif Clarkson looks like he's in a centrifuge!

Now then..........seeing that plane lurking in the background of all those shows, I'd already figured that was what one of them would go for! tongue.gif

It was dead funny having Kristin Scott-Thomas on the show and having her pass judgement on the Cool Wall! (And he was wearing a suit!). I love Jame's comment about "yellow teeth"!

#43 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

i remember that ep where that pic comes from - its the effects of g-force and i remember it because my sister couldn't stop laughing at Clarkson's rippling face (and now, despite the fact she's only 12, she's a full-time TG-aholic lol)

check out this site http://www.urban75.c...h/clarkson.html - that one had me laughing

Hammond and May's teasing was classic - as was Clarkson's riposte about Graham Norton towards May biggrin.gif

and you gotta love Hammond's Starship Enterplough lol

BTW, i've been doing some Clarkson 'Googling' (during essay-writing breaks lol), and some of the stuff i've come across is interesting. For instance, were you aware that JC was blamed for the poor slaes of jeans in the late 90s? hahaha

and i should have some more extracts for you lot to enjoy soon - when i can get round to typing them up!

#44 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

^^^Dang! The picture's missing off that link ~ but I got the gist of what it was about! tongue.gif

Is that serious that Clarkson was responsible for a downturn in jeans sales?

I too thought the Graham Norton riposte was completey inspired! tongue.gif tongue.gif

If you listen to Radio 4, you'll hear Hamster appealing for votes for him to present Women's Hour for comic relief! tongue.gif

Oh the ribbing he will get!

I look forward to seeing those Clarkson snippets!

#45 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

RE: The jeans -i've come across it on several sites, so i'm taking it to be true. He also punched Piers Morgan several times backstage at an award show a couple of years ago (although to be honest i really cannot blame JC for that one). Apparently Morgan still has the scar left by one of JC's rings above his left eyebrow lol

I don't usually pay much attention to BBC 1's night of comic relief, but i may have to watch that Hammond segment lol

And on the topic of those extracts, theres this really interesting comment - more like a prediction - JC made about Tony Blair about a yr or two before he became Premier. All shall be revealed soon lol

#46 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

Yes it was funny, I laughed for ages <G> I love there digs at each other... the rocket episode wasnt all that funny, loved the Reliant rocket... I'm tempted to do something fun wink.gif

It was yet another good ep... oh and if you havent realised I have been a bit vacant as of late because my net is broken sad.gif So I won't be around for awhile till its fixed, so have ya'll and be seeing you soon.

cheers,
Tk

#47 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:52 AM

^^^Kat! I was wondering where you've been. Hope all gets fixed soon!

QUOTE(Will Riker @ Feb 26 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post

RE: The jeans -i've come across it on several sites, so i'm taking it to be true. He also punched Piers Morgan several times backstage at an award show a couple of years ago (although to be honest i really cannot blame JC for that one). Apparently Morgan still has the scar left by one of JC's rings above his left eyebrow lol

....quite a few wouldn't blame JC! tongue.gif

And on the topic of those extracts, theres this really interesting comment - more like a prediction - JC made about Tony Blair about a yr or two before he became Premier. All shall be revealed soon lol

........???????????? Okay, I can probably match JC's prediction on that..........do tell! (or maybe my prediction is just wishful thinking?)

#48 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:06 AM

Guess who's back biggrin.gif

cheers,
Tk

#49 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

^^Kat!! wub.gif

My phone's broke since we upgraded our broadband. Now we can only recieve incoming calls and can't phone out.............so much for technology. blink.gif mad.gif

#50 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

Well, you guys asked for it, and here it is...

The closing two paragraphs from an article titled 'Darth Blair against the rebel forces':

'...Believe the ABD and you'd believe that the Tories' plan for toll roads represent a bigger threat to the future of mankind than AIDS.
They don't of course. The biggest threat facing mankind right now is Tony Blair and his new Transport Division which, this week, is headed up by the man from Oxford East'

This was a long time before 9/11 and the subsequent 'War on Terror', and i know its an entirely different context to the current world situation, but i find this to be a strangely prescient statement from Jezza

and also a big LOL at the 'Tories' plan for toll roads' which is the reason why Hammond was at No. 10 yesterday, grilling the PM. Did anyone catch that in today's Daily Mirror? i can only hope they mention it on TG this weekend!

#51 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:06 AM

Nope! Somehow the idew of Hamster grilling anyone seems to fill my mind with odd pictures..........a bit like someone once said about me ~ "It's a bit like being grabbed in the throat by a small terrier!" tongue.gif tongue.gif

Last of the series on Sunday guys! sad.gif

#52 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:17 AM

another first-class showing from the boys again last night - i would've done anything to be the guy in control of that water cannon. What the hell did JC think was going to happen when he got out of his elongated post-box?

Loved JC's (controversial?) comment on gingers - "We don't let them in; they smell funny - as well as his desire to vomit all over Blair.

Anyone else feel sorry for James at the end - he looked like he was going to burst into tears lol

And did any of you catch the Comic Relief Top Gear of the Pops announcement? I'm afraid...very afraid

#53 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

^^^It may be the only reason to tune in to that horrible telethon! I hate Red Nose Day with a passion! dry.gif

Lamarr sure did lose his rag with James didn't he? But then, even I could navigate my way to Earls' Court! tongue.gif

Okay: funniest scene of the night was when Jeremy braked his limo and the trolley + passenger shot to the front! tongue.gif

#54 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Mar 6 2007, 05:45 PM) View Post

Okay: funniest scene of the night was when Jeremy braked his limo and the trolley + passenger shot to the front! tongue.gif

hmm, i'm not sure what was funnier - seein JC hurtle forward on his trolley, or the amount of friction burns he got because of it! tongue.gif

and yes, i too hate RND. the only thing i ever found worth tuning in for was 'A Question of They Think its All Over...', but since 'TTIAO...' was cancelled (don't even get me started on that!) looks like the guys from TG will now be forcing me tune in. Incidently, do u think people are actually gonna donate money via phone-in, given all this furore over ITV lol. i'm actually keeping my fingers, praying this sees the end of those god-awful waste-of-tv-air-time that are reality shows. god, i hate THOSE with a passion.

shame TG isn't on this week - trawling thru a london paper this evening i found a little tid-bit about an idiot who was driving a bugatti veyon at 100mph in a 40mph zone and crashed...into a vauxhall astra. i would have LOVED to see what JC made of that!

#55 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

^^ JC would love that, the reason I think TG was so short because they were unable to film anything new because of the Hamster, as usually we get far more eps then this. Hopefully when the new series rolls around we're back to all the good stuff, all though I have to admit its been a top class roll since the start.

The limo episode was hilarious but I still have to say that my fave still has to be the trek across America, wetting oneself during that one was not an option <G> I miss the boys when they're off the air so I hope they're back soon.

cheers,
Tk

EDIT: We should edit this topic too the Riker, Shinzie and Kat thread tongue.gif it only seems to be us posting in it <G>

#56 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

^^^Hmmmmmmm! I think people must view this topic and think WTF are they talking about? blink.gif

Like Will, I'm thinking that RND may well be hit by the recent ITV phone scandal.

Love the story about the idiot with the Veyron........bet the Astra driver wasn't amused though!

#57 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

Anybody see the Top Gear boys doing TOTP for Comic Relief? It was hilarious! I hate rap music and hip hop........and I've been dying to pull the plug on it myself for years!

Way to go Jeremy! roflmao.gif

Oh..........and boys...........don't give up the day job! djparty.gif

#58 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

i really wanted them to sing, dammit!

altho i think my ears would have regretted it

BTW, did anyone see the article in the Sunday Mirror a few weeks back about the possibility of Tope Gear being cancelled, hence Jeremy's odd 'i don't know when we'll be back' at the end of the last series?

#59 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

^^^Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

LOL! I think they're back in the Autumn. The BBC would be mad to pull the plug on one of its most popular programmes.

#60 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

of course BBC would be mad to do that

but therein lies the problem. BBC doesn't actually want to cancel it. i guess i should have been clearer lol. its actually clarkson & co who have threatened not to retun

apparently they are upset at the format of the show. they don't like what they see as a heavy emphasis on 'celebrity', as opposed to the cars, which is what they feel the focus should be more on. they're unwilling to return unless the format is changed. i think the bbc have insisted that the trio will be back for a one-off special in the summer tho, like how they did a one-off special on the winter games last year (or was it the year before?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users