DST BSG Minimates Thread

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:20 PM

Well, since these are out and the action figure line is probable months away from unveiling, I thought I would create a thread for them for the Minimate fans that don't hang out at Ady's Minimate Multiverse(If you like Mates, you should check it out wink.gif Where I received a tip that the first series of the BSG Minimates are starting to accompany the Suncoast/FYE 5 packs of Cylon Minimates. Thanks to that tip, I was able to get the Kobol Six variant set today biggrin.gif The price point is $9.99, which is comparable to what the LCBG(Local Comicbook guys/gals) are charging per sets. As Pickard pointed out in the main BSG thread, things are definately looking up. Now if we could just convince them to start carrying Star Trek toys again, things might be a little better laugh.gif

#2 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

I picked up wave 1 of both the BSG and DC minimates last week from BBTS. I'm loving this Minimate resurgence. The volume of DC minimates coming out in the next few months alone is awesome.

Here's the BSG release list from Minimate Multiverse:

Series 1:
- Flightsuit Apollo & Dualla
- Admiral Cain & Flightsuit Starbuck
- Cylon Centurion & Number Six
- CHASE: Kobol Six

Series 2:
- Admiral Adama & Colonel Tigh
- Cannon Centurion Cyclon & Boomer
- Vice President Baltar & Caprica Six
- CHASE: Gina

Series 3:
- Lee Adama & Kara Thrace
- D'Anna Biers & Sharon Valerii
- Helo & Deck Chief Tyrol
- CHASE: Chief Tyrol

2007 Exclusives
- Suncoast Cyclon 5-Pack {Valley of Darkness, Battle Damaged, Centurion, Downloaded & Cannon Centurion Cyclons}
- Toy Fair Starbuck
- Retailer Exclusive Dr. Baltar

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone know where I can find the BSG mates?

I checked out my local FYE and they do not have one single action figure of any kind in the store and they don't even have a spot for figures of any kind and I don't have a suncoast anywhere around me. The only place I have been able to find BSG mates is on ebay (some high prices) or at etailers but most of them only want to sell them by the case.

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

I can get them locally for you JMW326 and check around for the 5 pack of Cylon's too. Sending you a pm right now wink.gif

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

I know that months ago I said I would probably not pick these up but after seeing them online I decided I would get at least one set to try them out. Well I found 2 sets on ebay (got them for 4.99 each) so I picked them up. I am now hooked. These are my favorite minimates. They look great. I picked up The Apollo and D pack and the Starbuck and Cain pack. I will be getting the rest now.

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ May 24 2007, 09:09 PM) View Post
I dont know if this is great news, but I went to TRU (Canada), and was suprised to find the Mini Mates on hooks. The price was $9.99 for a twin pack which is $2 average less then the comic book store (our only source otherwise). The good news is that the variant is the same price, which is $4 less then CBG. Please dont buy all the variants and leave the others (well) hanging, I want them all sold out so we can hope for a second wave at retail.

Hey crew, Lt. Tiberius posted this originally in our BSG section, but it's more appropriate, like any sighting in the "What's New?" Section of the ship. However, making a executive decision while covering the bridge on night duty, I've decided to also post it here in the BSG Minimate thread too. Since not everyone looks on every part of the ship or ask the computer for assistance with the new posts link huh.gif Hopefully the Captain understands and this doesn't end up in my permanent record. That is all, carry on.

LT. CDR. The_Donster
Senior Staff Member

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

The minimates are much cooler looking than the action figures...

#8 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jun 24 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The minimates are much cooler looking than the action figures...

Which is why I plan to buy nearly every minimate and probably won't buy more than one action figure.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

The BSG mini's do look good. I did not plan on collecting these but was hooked when I picked up my first pack. As for the BSG figures. All we have seen are early prototypes. I don't think it is fair to pass jusdgment because certain people are in a snit about other DSt products. Do the BSG figures look outstanding? no. But they do look pretty goos at this stage of development.

#10 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do the BSG figures look outstanding? no. But they do look pretty goos at this stage of development.

Hmmmm.... biggrin.gif

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Check it out: DST is doing Classic BSG Minimates. I have been waiting for Classic BSG stuff. Now lets just hope they do well enough to get us some classic 7" figures.

#12 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, these definitely look pretty good and I'll be adding them to my overgrown Minimate collection. I do agree with Pickard and think I'll most likely get Caprica Six in the figure form and call it good. Since I have those 12" Cylons from Majestic, here's hoping Sideshow does her as well biggrin.gif

#13 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Dec 21 2007, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, these definitely look pretty good and I'll be adding them to my overgrown Minimate collection. I do agree with Pickard and think I'll most likely get Caprica Six in the figure form and call it good. Since I have those 12" Cylons from Majestic, here's hoping Sideshow does her as well biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to the two classic boxed sets. These are some of my most-wanted Minimates. How many years has it been since they were previewed at ToyFair?

Glad to see that DST finally figured out how to get them to us.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

Whilst buying the Chapel & Rand minimate sets, I noticed the eBay seller also had some of the BSG sets.

I have always loved the look of the minimates, but never pounced on the line until now...& soo glad I did:

I was reading everywhere that waves 5 & 6 were cancelled, only to find they (or most of them) were made exclusives. I am soo glad we are able to have characters like Cavil, Zarek, Cottle, Ellen & Tory in toy form.

Did the Racetrack figure make it out at all?

The vehicles look pretty sweet too.

#15 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

I'm not too sure, but I think Racetrack ended up being a Viper vehicle TRU set Artistix or some sort of exclusive? I'll double check the next time I go to TRU. Seems that's where Minimates are finding a new life, although the exclusives are driving everyone bonkers at the moment. I'm so far behind on these and the Marvel Mates I'm going to buy them in bulk when I play catch up.

#16 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

The Toys Viper exclusive was Hotdog (I know this because I just picked it up this week wink.gif ). The thing I'm wondering is if there's an Apollo Viper out there somewhere, since he's one of the three stickers for the Viper, as well as Starbuck & Hotdog?

#17 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hey all,

This is the best place I've found for MiniMate info:-

http://www.minimated...m/line.php?i=23

Take care,
Matty-lad

#18 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

Very cool, thanks for sharing! (now I need to figure out which BSG ones I still need since I can never remember...!)

#19 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Got in Anders/Tory, Ellen/Simon, miniseries Baltar/Cottle & Cally/Gaeta. Such cool little mates.

I noticed Ellen & Tory lost their shoes due to budget cuts, but I swapped Tory & Cally's feet around since both look better with the others feet. It doesn't impact Ellen much so she can stay as she is.

Can't wait to build up this collection, especially with some of those minimate flyers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users