Photo

Majestic 12" BSG figures

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

So is anyone besides me collecting the 12" Majestic Studios BSG Figures?
I have the Original Series Apollo, Silver Centurion and Gold Centurion and think (hope) that I will be getting Starbuck for Christmas. I know that Majestic is planning to do the new show but I have not seen anything other than the Cylon yet. Overall these are pretty nice figures.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 12 2006, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is anyone besides me collecting the 12" Majestic Studios BSG Figures?
I have the Original Series Apollo, Silver Centurion and Gold Centurion and think (hope) that I will be getting Starbuck for Christmas. I know that Majestic is planning to do the new show but I have not seen anything other than the Cylon yet. Overall these are pretty nice figures.

I have Starbuck, Apollo, Silver and Gold Cylons, and Adama from the original BSG. I believe Boomer and Athena are supposed to be available soon, if not now, and the Starbuck/Apollo boxed set with white uniforms is already available from Time and Space toys now, but i dont have them yet.

#3 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

Well, I wouldn't exactly call it collecting, but I did receive the modern Cylon for my birthday while I was at SDCC(Thank you Robster wink.gif). Then I turned around and bought him and myself the BD Modern Cylon. I did see the classic BSG figures and Richard Hatch was signing at their booth, but I found them to be caricature's of the actors, more like comic book versions than the original. So, I've passed on those, but plan on getting Caprica Six and possible Apollo from the modern series. As those were closer to what the actors truly look like. It's kind of sad to say, but not alot of updates on their website other than the Dark Shadow line. Hopefully after Toyfair we'll have some more news. Thanks for the thread by the way JMW326, you beat me to it. Everytime I thought of posting it, my dogs would wave a red ball in front of me and I'd forget about it laugh.gif

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

(shakes fist in the air) Damn you short attention span... biggrin.gif

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:41 AM

I really like the classic ones that I have. From the pictures I have seen it looks like the sculpt for the classic Adama is pretty Accurate. Does it look that good in person VF?

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 13 2006, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the classic ones that I have. From the pictures I have seen it looks like the sculpt for the classic Adama is pretty Accurate. Does it look that good in person VF?

Not sure what pic you may have seen, but the Adama does looks ok, but his face isnt quite as full as Lorne Greenes was , and the pictured figure on the box looks better than the figure does. The prices on these figures are getting rediculous though, i bought the first figures in the series for $29.99 through toysrus.com (Apollo,Silver Cylon). Thought that was a little high but i paid it anyway. The second series(Adama,Starbuck) were $39.99 through Toysrus.com and were no better quality than the first series, so i grumbled a bit and then found them a few bucks cheper, no much though at Walmart.com. The gold Cylon was a Tower.com exclusive, got it on sale i think for a couple bucks below the $29.99 regular price. I see that the wave 3 will be at least $39.99 each but Timeandspacetoys.com have them for 36.99 preorder. Wave 3 should have already been out though.Timeandspacetoys.com also has the exclusive white uniformed Starbuck and Apollo in a boxed set for 109.00, which is pretty dang high by my standards. 54.50 a piece for these figures is too much IMO, but what are you going to do? wait for someone to sell cheap on ebay probably.

#7 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

I've had the 12" Lee Adama on order with Time and Space Toys since last April, I believe. He was supposed to be out in August, then September, and that was the last time they updated. T&S haven't answered my emails and neither has Majestic, so I don't know what gives...?

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

I did get Starbuck for Christmas. It is not the best likeness I have seen but it could have been alot worse.I like it. Now I need to get Adama.

#9 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

I think the Majestic Studios line is dead. Their website is gone and they're not confirmed for Toy Fair this year. A dealer told me his emails to Majestic have gone unanswered for awhile. Doesn't sound too good does it? Oh well, at least we now have the DST figures and busts to look forward to!

#10 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(DrHoward @ Dec 27 2006, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had the 12" Lee Adama on order with Time and Space Toys since last April, I believe. He was supposed to be out in August, then September, and that was the last time they updated. T&S haven't answered my emails and neither has Majestic, so I don't know what gives...?

Yeah, not suprising on the Time & Space guys not getting back to you DrHoward. I e-mailed them after SDCC(San Diego Comicon) last year to try and get some other figures for JMW326 and myself and haven't heard back yet rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(DrHoward @ Jan 24 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the Majestic Studios line is dead. Their website is gone and they're not confirmed for Toy Fair this year. A dealer told me his emails to Majestic have gone unanswered for awhile. Doesn't sound too good does it? Oh well, at least we now have the DST figures and busts to look forward to!

Maybe if we're lucky, Sideshow or DST will pick up this line. Not sure about the rest of you, but I need a Caprica Six to go with my Cylon's biggrin.gif

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

I was kind of looking forward to getting the new BSG figures from Majestic but since DST and AA are doing them in all plastic smaller figures I think I will focus on those for my BSG fix.

#12 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 25 2007, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, not suprising on the Time & Space guys not getting back to you DrHoward. I e-mailed them after SDCC(San Diego Comicon) last year to try and get some other figures for JMW326 and myself and haven't heard back yet rolleyes.gif
Maybe if we're lucky, Sideshow or DST will pick up this line. Not sure about the rest of you, but I need a Caprica Six to go with my Cylon's biggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies, Donster! I'm sorry you had the same problems with Time & Space as I've had. Hope you got your figures anyway! I don't know why I expected better from them... dry.gif

I'd still love to see 12" from BSG though! But to be honest, I'd prefer for Sideshow or DST to make the crew in their blue uniforms. For some reason, I'm just not that jazzed over the flight suits.

#13 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

Well, I picked them up at the show, but I was curious if one of them was going to be for sale on the website after Chicago and never received a response. So while I bought the figures for JMW and I at the con, I haven't ordered from the site. A buddy of mine order a few Buffy/Angel figures from them and gave them high marks. But I'm always hesitant of folks who can't make a simple reply to a e-mail myself.

#14 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 26 2007, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I picked them up at the show, but I was curious if one of them was going to be for sale on the website after Chicago and never received a response. So while I bought the figures for JMW and I at the con, I haven't ordered from the site. A buddy of mine order a few Buffy/Angel figures from them and gave them high marks. But I'm always hesitant of folks who can't make a simple reply to a e-mail myself.

I've had many, many successful transactions with T&ST. I think I only had one time where they weren't responsive to e-mails, but overall I feel comfortable recommending them.

Maybe I'll e-mail them this weekend about the status of my Lee Apollo 12" order and see if they respond.

#15 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

I've never had a problem with T&ST either, not even with email responses. They usually respond within 48 hours. I hope you guys get some answers soon.

#16 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

It's been a couple years since I last ordered from Time & Space, but the service then was very commendable. That's why it surprises me they lately aren't showing the same service answering emails. It could be they didn't receive my emails, who knows? There could be a good reason for not replying, but I feel the same as The Donster: I'm a little hesitant of a business who won't answer a simple customer email, even if it's to say "We don't know right now".

Let us know if you find out anything Pickard!

#17 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

I finally got around to e-mailing T&ST yesterday evening about the 12" Lee Adama doll..

This was their response this afternoon:

Hi Dan:

It's been delayed a few times now. I may know more after the International Toy Fair in two weeks as we will likely see the manufacturer there.

Sorry I don't have any more info....

John

#18 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

Let's hope someone picked this up, I need Caprica Six. My Cylons are lonely, but because they're machines, they don't know it biggrin.gif Thanks for the update, maybe it was a fluke when I e-mailed them. I know that my buddy loved what he received from them and so did Gothneo. Just seems weird I never got a reply, even when Rick is out of town, he finds a way to get back to me.

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

yeah... I ordered the S2 of SG1 figures through them and everything arrived quickly and in good order...

As for Majestic... I picked up an Appolo with Tower clearanced them for about $10.

Honestly, as someone who collects alot of 1/6 scale figures, I thought $10 was about right. Actually that might be a bit harsh, but I certainly didn't think they were worth the $50 price tag.

I was pretty excited abut the SDCC exclusive, but when I actually saw it, I could convert that to a sale. It was allright, but, again, I just didn't think it was worth the price.

I'd def say $100 > was too much for any exclusive they made. Heck I have one or two Medicom figs and I think they are overpriced.

A decent 12" figure shouldn't run more than $30 to $40. A preimum figure shouldn't top $75 IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users