• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

#41 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

So far they've only talked about the AGT version. I think they'll start thinking about re-issuing the standard D once the factory problems are sorted. I think they're only really making a "thing" of the AGT-D being reissued because it had a relatively limited run to begin with, and the uptake and demand surprised them.

#42 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

I have seen that asked a few times, and from what I've gathered they will not consider it until the stock of the first release is depleted.

#43 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Isn't it already depleted? I haven't seen a retailer list them as "in stock" in months!

#44 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Just going off of what they said, but you're right.

#45 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Lots of updates this week! Mostly good news. Not bad news, at least.

First up, further confirmation of the suspension of the figure line (as if that was needed), an interesting response to a tech query, and a minimates suggestion that goes unanswered. I've started highlighting important points in red.

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Facebooker: What`s the Story about the Star Trek Action Figuren? Why are so many cancelled? If there any Plans for a Star Trek Phaser Rifle to make?

DSTInternBot: A lack of retailer orders on the last few waves led to the 6-inch and 7-inch lines being put on indefinite hold. But our 8-inch Retro line continues, and we're currently developing new ships and accessories. The Phaser Rifle is one we've looked at, but no definite plans yet.

Facebooker: I really enjoy your selection of Star Trek 7-inch action figures. You make the Best Figures ever! But I am extremely upset and need to let you know about my frustration. I come from Germany, it is really hard to get your Star Trek Figures. But it is really impossible to get the TRU excl. in Europe. I am a greater Fan and Collector of your Items. If there a Chance that we can ordering this TRU excl. on your Webstore? if there a chance that DST produce the crew from the Cage with Captain Pike or Voyager?

Another Facebooker: TNG Minimates! 25th anniversary next year! MAKE IT SO! smile.gif

DSTInternBot: Sorry you're having trouble, Facebooker! Definitely check shopafx.com, entertainmentearth.com and bigbadtoystore.com for their exclusive figures and limited remaining stock. I see some bargains!

Second, we have a discussion of the AGT Enterprise-D re-release's delay, with an important point about the factory issues we've been hearing so much about for the last year.

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Facebooker 1: Any news on the " all the good things " enterprise? Website says it was supposed
to have been released.

Facebooker 2: Look again wink.gif

DSTInternBot: It actually was released, a while back. That date was for the re-release, and it has since been updated.

Facebooker 1: Ahh , I had mine pre ordered a few months before that date and never got it, was the re- release pushed back?

DSTInternBot: Yes, we've been having some factory issues that are now resolved.

Facebooker 2: Good for you guys

Facebooker 1: Glad to hear they are worked out, can't wait to see the finished product. :-)

Third, we have NEW SHIP DATES!, and my mind is finally laid to rest on the paintjob of the Enterprise-E I pre-ordered 14 months ago!

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
DSTInternBot: New ship dates posted! Plan out the rest of your year and early 2012 with this handy list. (<- Clickable)

Facebooker 1: No Enterprise B, Excelsior or Bird Of Prey sad.gif

Facebooker 2: I have a feeling they've been canceled. I'd still like to know if the Nemesis 1701-E is only new paint or new lights too.

DSTInternBot: Development on the new Trek ships continues, they're just outside the current range of this list. Facebooker 2, sorry about the delay, hope we didn't ruin Christmas.

Facebooker 1: How far are they along DST? the waiting is killing me!

Facebooker 2: Nah you didn't ruin Christmas. I'm not even sure what I want for Christmas yet. My birthday present is taking so long that it may up being a Christmas present.

DSTInternBot: I will try to look into what updates are being made to the D and E. Petty sure the E is all-new paint, not sure about lights.

Facebooker 2: Is the regular 1701-D still shipping, I may have to order another or something. The secondary hull on the bottom wasn't glued in place so its been easy to open up a little.

DSTInternBot: Believe that's sold out, sorry.

Facebooker 2: Interesting toy company, you make more of the "limited" ship than the regular version.

Facebooker 3: So the All Good things Enterprise is scheduled to come out 1 year and 1 month after the initial ship date...

Well I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Thank you though for putting the list of release dates together though. It's a lot better than not knowing.

Facebooker 2: The AGT Enterprise came out and sold out, they're making more.

DSTInternBot: The original release of the AGT D was limited, but the regular D was not, and I believe we've already re-run that one, as well. So the AGT may be less limited now, but the regular D never was.

Facebooker 2: The original release 1701-D lacks dorsal windows, in a way that makes it special.

Facebooker 3: @Facebooker 2, Yes this is a remake of the AGT Enterprise, but when I preordered mine last December, the release date for the remake was supposed to be Feb 2011. Due to delays and whatnot, the date has been moved further and further out, now to March 2012.

DSTInternBot: Factory issues warranted the delay, but hopefully this date will stick.

#46 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

I really hope DST proceeds with development of that Phaser Rifle. If they do, and if it's a 24th Century Phaser Rifle, I'm going to be preordering that thing faster than you can say "set phasers to stun." In fact, I'll be preordering two and would preorder a whole case if I thought that would guarantee production of the thing. I've wanted a Phaser Rifle since I was a kid in the '90s, and if DST delivers, I will be incredibly pleased, as in jaw on the floor and drooling pleased. DST, make it so. biggrin.gif

#47 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

I really hope DST proceeds with development of that Phaser Rifle. If they do, and if it's a 24th Century Phaser Rifle, I'm going to be preordering that thing faster than you can say "set phasers to stun." In fact, I'll be preordering two and would preorder a whole case if I thought that would guarantee production of the thing. I've wanted a Phaser Rifle since I was a kid in the '90s, and if DST delivers, I will be incredibly pleased, as in jaw on the floor and drooling pleased. DST, make it so. biggrin.gif
I could have typed this!

#48 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for changing your avatar Destructor....Now I have to think about my Precious every time I see one of your posts...... LOL. Just pulling your leg btw.

Wow...as far as the Phaser Rifle goes..... that would be just too cool !!! I personally would like to see the First Contact /Insurrection standard Phaser Rifles made..... I didnt like the chrome parts on the Nemesis version. I wonder which Rifle they would tackle ( The most iconic) if they decide to do one?

#49 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'd be happy with a TNG/DS9 double-handed cobra-head Rifle, but like you, Prom, I'd love the first contact "phallic monstrosity".

There were 3 different rifle designs in FC, the dong-pocalypse that Picard held, the blunt-ended one Worf used, and the two-hander they used with the EVA suits, which i thought had a decidedly Klingon look to them.

Just for you, Prom, FULLSIZE:

*wish I knew enough HTML to make it pulsate hypnotically*

#50 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Damn you Destructor !!! M-u-s-t have my PRECIOUS !!!!!!!!!!! You didnt add HTML??? cause it does pulsate and sings to me LOL

Personally Worf's Snub Nose is my fav..... But you know if they are gonna do one its gonna be the Phallus Spectacular.... LOL

#51 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Facebooker: Hello just saw the next release date for the Enterprise-E and the AGT Enterprise-D. Is this for real? Thank you.

DSTInternBot: That is the date we are aiming for, now that our factory problems have been resolved. Production is restarting shortly.

I'll remind them that they promised photos.

#52 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Me:
Great to hear that the factory problems that were holding up the Star Trek ships have been resolved! Please don't forget that you promised to show us pictures of the factory samples for the Enterprise-E's new paintjob, when they arrive, thanks! Any word on changes to the lighting rig?

DSTinternBot:
I'll post pictures when we get them, in the meantime Ask DST! http://www.artasylum.com/question

[Abed]Cool. Cool cool cool.[/Abed]

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Facebooker:
RELEASE the Enterprise D "All Good Things" ship, we have been wanting a year for you to re-release this ship. Whats the delay? Please, and sorry to sound mean.

DSTinternBot:
We hear you! We had some factory issues, but we've dealt with them, and now we're proceeding with production. New expected date is in the spring, along with the Nemesis E. The next two ships are also in development concurrently.

Facebooker:
so it will come out in March if so thanks again sorry again about my last message

DSTinternBot:
I think April, but thank you for bearing with us.

Concurrent development? Me likey! I also like the "thank you for bearing with us." bit.

#53 justin50

justin50

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (DST's FB Page)
Facebooker:
RELEASE the Enterprise D "All Good Things" ship, we have been wanting a year for you to re-release this ship. Whats the delay? Please, and sorry to sound mean.

DSTinternBot:
We hear you! We had some factory issues, but we've dealt with them, and now we're proceeding with production. New expected date is in the spring, along with the Nemesis E. The next two ships are also in development concurrently.

Facebooker:
so it will come out in March if so thanks again sorry again about my last message

DSTinternBot:
I think April, but thank you for bearing with us.

I'm confused, I just got this email today from BBTS:

BBTS - "All Good Things" Enterprise NCC-1701-D Discontinued

Hi - Our supplier has just informed us that this item has been discontinued and they cannot fill our order. We are very sorry for the problem on this item. We will need to cancel all orders in our system and remove the item from our site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
www.bigbadtoystore.com

#54 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Uh ohhh... The worrying thing is that I went into Forbidden Planet the other week asking them about any new Star Trek merchandise from DST and they said that they believed that DST had discontinued their Star Trek range but pointed me in the direction of their new Universal Monsters range... Could just mean that DST have discontinued their action figures and are still doing Star Trek ships or does it indeed mean that the Retro TNG, USS Enterprise AGT D, USS Enterprise E, USS Enterprise B and Kilingon Bird of Prey have been discontinued thus ending DST's license... Which may mean that in February at Toy Fair we see another, mainstream company (Hasbro? Mattel?) Launch their Star Trek product from scratch based on NEW Star Trek??? Rumblings are continuing about an animated Star Trek series based on Abrams Star Trek which could see a 2012 fall release, and of course we should be seeing the new video game and several trailers for JJ Abrams next Star Trek movie next year, seems to me like the perfect time for CBS to shake things up by giving a long term license to a bigger company like Hasbro or Mattel that could purposefully target a new, younger fan-base whilst giving older fans something new and exciting to collect? If I knew that Hasbro were going to take on Star Trek, I'd be selling my DST stuff and saving the money to buy Hasbro's Trek. Why? Because DST have lost the plot - when retailers assume that your line has been discontinued, thats not a great sign in winning any new or even established customers back to your toy line. I say so long and thanks for all the fish DST!

I'd love a new Star Trek line that I can collect from the beginning and display with my Star Wars toys!

It doesn't make any sense that whilst DST can get out a decent selection of Marvel and Monster lines in good time yet fail to get Star Trek product first seen in 2009 out? I know more time may be needed for ships but come on, its been years since we saw the first prototype of the BoP and B...

#55 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

That's wierd. Anyone else get this?

1701, in my experience, the Forbidden Planet shop-floor staff are not well informed of the movements within the industry, and these days they are rarely even very knowledgable about Trek. Ask them something about Twilight, Star Wars, or World of Warcraft, on the other hand... This guy was almost certainly getting his wires crossed, having heard about the figure line. I think, if retailers had an "inside scoop" like that, it would have leaked sooner than this.

I have my Enterprise-E pre-order with Forbidden Planet international (I think...), and they just sent me an e-mail updating the release date in accordance with the recently-published DST ship dates. They still have the AGT-D rerelease on their website with an expected date.

Entertainment Earth still have it with a November expected date.

The fact that it's BBTS is worrysome - they're usually very good at updating the status of things. Let's just hope it was a clerical error, and someone deleted the wrong item from their books.

In the meantime, Justin50, I suggest you e-mail BBTS for clarification, and perhaps post on the DST Facebook page to get to the bottom of this...

#56 justin50

justin50

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Nov 17 2011, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact that it's BBTS is worrysome - they're usually very good at updating the status of things. Let's just hope it was a clerical error, and someone deleted the wrong item from their books.

In the meantime, Justin50, I suggest you e-mail BBTS for clarification, and perhaps post on the DST Facebook page to get to the bottom of this...

Just checked my account on BBTS and the AGT Enterprise is not there anymore!

#57 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Could still be a clerical error, if they delete something from the system, it probably generates an e-mail like that automatically.

E-mail them and let us know how you get on.

Suspiciously, Forbidden Planet International are not listing the ship anymore. The Nemesis Enterprise-E remains, with an up to date ship date.
Coincidence is likely here, though, as FPI are NOT good at updating their stock info.

ForbiddenPlanet.com (a different company to the "international" version) aren't listing the AGT-D, but they do have the Nem-E, with the wrong date.

This is odd. I'll post to their Facebook page.

EDIT

This is a link to my post on their wall.

#58 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

My BBTS preorder for the AGT D and E are still on schedule.

#59 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Okay, just checked BBTS and my preorder for the Nem

#60 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Maybe there's a time limit on how long a retailer can keep a pre-order for a customer before the database automatically sends out a message informing people who'd pre ordered that the item is no longer being released?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users