• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

I just visited dts's website and under the new releases for 5/6/09 there is only one release that being the ultra magnus bust. The pre order still says available 5/6/09. Any info on this? I'm dyin for this thing.

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

In the last Q&A, from a few days ago, DST mentioned they still haven't received a pre-production sample that they have been happy with. So I wouldn't expect to see this anytime soon. I too am dying for it. However, I rather they take the time to get it as perfect as they can make it. So I'm willing to wait. Be patient. I'm sure it will be worth it.

#3 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ May 6 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the last Q&A, from a few days ago, DST mentioned they still haven't received a pre-production sample that they have been happy with. So I wouldn't expect to see this anytime soon. I too am dying for it. However, I rather they take the time to get it as perfect as they can make it. So I'm willing to wait. Be patient. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Thanks for the info I must have missed that and I agree I'd rather wait for a better product.

#4 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

The 5/6 release date was finally changed today to 5/27. Based on the info above that could be optimistic. Kinda like 5/20 for the two E-D variants and 5/27 for the Borg figures! biggrin.gif

Looks like DST is trying to avoid having any new Trek stuff of theirs out while the movie is out. Or at least while it is THE movie to see right now.

#5 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (QuePaso? @ May 13 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like DST is trying to avoid having any new Trek stuff of theirs out while the movie is out. Or at least while it is THE movie to see right now.

Yeah...the hottest Trek's been in years and DST can't manage to get product onto shelves to capitalize on it. Somebody botched something...

Sallah

#6 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:11 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the TWOK Phaser with the type 1 part removed?

#7 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Jul 20 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have pictures of the TWOK Phaser with the type 1 part removed?

Bare in mind this is a pre-production version, the final is likely to be somewhat different.

#8 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

Thanks!

#9 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I loved the TOS phaser DST did. I hope they keep 'em coming!

#10 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

So here is a question; does the knob in the back do anything? And if it does how does it affect what is going on up in the type 1 component? Are there metal electrical connections? And how does it stay on; a magnet or something?

#11 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Magnets seem the most likely conclusion after the E-D's success. As for the knob, I don't think DST has announced what it does yet. It might be what separates the P1 by using the same method DST/AA used on the TOS phaser if magnets aren't used.
EDIT: BTW the release date is 8/26

#12 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

I asked about the TWOK phaser in a Q&A last year and they said the knob would glow when the unit was turned on, just like the Rod.com/HMS version. I'm guessing there will be metal contacts like on the TOS phaser and the Enterprise-D. Maybe even two sets of batteries like on the E-D. That's, of course, subject to change at this point, but that was the original plan.

#13 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Looks like DST is getting more accurate with it's Trek Tek. But what would be the point in having 2 sets of batteries? There's really nothing you can do with the p2 after the p1 has been disconnected.
Here's a few pictures of the TWOK phaser at the San Diego Comic-Con.
pic 1
pic 2
Pic 3

#14 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Captain Alex @ Jul 23 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like DST is getting more accurate with it's Trek Tek. But what would be the point in having 2 sets of batteries? There's really nothing you can do with the p2 after the p1 has been disconnected.

Just to keep the rear knob glowing, I suppose. No, it wouldn't be necessary as I'm assuming the sound and other lighting will all be in the P1 and the knob can be lit using metal contacts like on the TOS phaser.

#15 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jul 23 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to keep the rear knob glowing, I suppose. No, it wouldn't be necessary as I'm assuming the sound and other lighting will all be in the P1 and the knob can be lit using metal contacts like on the TOS phaser.

The proto showed a speaker on the bottom of the P1 (see pic) TWOK phaser though hopefully DST concealed it a bit better on the final. It also looks like the connections won't be "peg-like" like the TOS phaser. It would be interesting if there was a power down sound effect as the light turned off when the P1 was disconnected and then power up sound FX as the light turned on when the P1 was reconnected.

#16 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Captain Alex @ Jul 23 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also looks like the connections won't be "peg-like" like the TOS phaser.

I would hope that if it does use metal contacts, they would be more low profile like on the Enterprise-D.

I notice the card still says August of 2009 as the release date. I doubt that. I don't expect to see this until at least Spring of next year. Hope I'm wrong, but that would be more in line with delays DST usually experiences.

#17 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (knightone @ Jul 23 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I notice the card still says August of 2009 as the release date. I doubt that. I don't expect to see this until at least Spring of next year. Hope I'm wrong, but that would be more in line with delays DST usually experiences.

Really? I'm expecting a mid-September realease but I now wait for Rick at NFC to say when they're coming instead of listening to DST.

#18 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

I for one love the weird multicolored sides. Looks very futuristic.

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Jul 24 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I for one love the weird multicolored sides. Looks very futuristic.

I agree Dilithium1 ... It is also screen accurate for the TWOK Phaser... but the multicolored sides werent on the TMP version. Does anyone know if DST will release the TMP version as well? Maybe an exclusive?

#20 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

I don't think DST plans to release a TMP version. Given the number of TOS phaser varients it's still a possiblity however, if you look closely there are several elements from the TMP version on there (mainly the combination of the TMP and TWOK triggers).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users