Lt. Tasha Yar

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Desert Carter has "poofier" hair and probably would not look right. The SGA heads are somewhat bigger than the orginal SG1 stuff and I think they are more in scale with the TOS line. Many of the TNG figs had heads that were way to big so this kind of equalizes that here. I would definately go with the SGA Carter head if you wanted to do this.

#22 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Barney @ Mar 28 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice job, Kassle.

After seeing your Tasha, I feel tempted to try and do one for me. You said you used a SGA Carter's head and I was wondering if DST changed the scale of the SG action figures because some guys said the SG1 action figures were smaller than the Star trek ones. The reason I'm asking that is that I need a pair of naked arms to do a custom and I`ll buy a Desert Carter, so if the scale is the same, maybe I could use Desert Carter's head to do a Tasha.

Hi Barney. Thanks.

HSBR is right - the heads are smaller on the SG figures and the Atlantis figures. I actually got the SG Carter fig & the SGA Carter fig (although I went into the project assuming I would be using the SGA head, I wanted options). The SG Carter just isn't as Tasha. She looks a little older than she should (weird, I know, since the SGA version is technically "older"). And the hair just doesn't sit right. Very poofy, and almost mullet-y from the back.

Hope that helps.

#23 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Kassle @ Mar 30 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HSBR is right - the heads are smaller on the SG figures and the Atlantis figures. I actually got the SG Carter fig & the SGA Carter fig (although I went into the project assuming I would be using the SGA head, I wanted options). The SG Carter just isn't as Tasha. She looks a little older than she should (weird, I know, since the SGA version is technically "older"). And the hair just doesn't sit right. Very poofy, and almost mullet-y from the back.

Hope that helps.

Yes it did. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users