2007 Star Trek Hallmark ornaments

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

So, the boyfriend went to our local Hallmark store last night and they were setting up the ornaments and he tried to get them to seel him the Uhura ornament and of course they said no. BUT they did set one aside for him so he could come in this morning to purchase it. They were opening at 8, even though the mall didn't open until 10am. huh.gif

We got there around 9am and I was explaining it wasn't necessary for him to set one aside because they aren't going to be a hot seller at 8am on a Saturday morning.

We got there and the girl told us they were sold out, except for the one my boy had had set aside!!! She said even the display ornament had been sold!!!

So, all day I was SO thankful to my boyfriend and thanked him a thousand times over for doing what he did.

Much later on in the day, after traveling many miles, I decided to take out the ornaments to look at them (I bought all three). Well, when I open up the Uhura box it was empty!!! ohmy.gif

We go back to the store and speak to the manager and he remembered my boyfriend from last night and after much verfiying codes and such not, it seemed that the display ornament was NOT sold and was then given to me. tongue.gif

9am and it was sold out! Wow!
blink.gif

#22 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

Any pics Chalkman..

QUOTE(Picard5 @ Mar 12 2007, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree the AGT Enterprise is wierd but cool choice. Besides, you can't have enough Enterprises on your Christmas tree lol.
By the way, does anyone have a master list of all the Hallmark Star Trek ornaments?

Wow...I have never seen you before!!! blink.gif

#23 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

YAY CHALKY!! The store owner and I were the only ones on St. Simons to get the Uhura ornament! And the Brunswick store only got two and that was also a similar situation (1 to the owner, 1 to an avid fan who pre-requested it). I'll take some camera phone pics later for you guys (low res, but you can at least see what she looks like). And FYI, she's in the newer smaller scale of the ENT characer ornaments, not the original release of the TOS characers from back in the 90's. sad.gif Did anyone else get an Uhura ornamnet?

Oh, and btw: $32.00 for the Future ENT that is battery operated (apparently that's the way all future Trek ships will be)?? It's a little steep IMHO, but I'm still going to buy one at least (possibly more hehe).

#24 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

#25 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

If you couldn't get a Uhura in store then you should probably check ebay, they don't seem to have as much resell value as scalpers thought. tongue.gif

Hopefully next year we'll get a regular Enterprise-D, I can't believe they made the AGT version before it. Granted, there was the Ent-D from the mid-90's but since they updated the TOS Enterprise, you'd think the regular Ent-D would've been next.

We're going to get our ornaments this weekend (family tradition) so hopefully they'll have a Tusken Raider. I really hope this is the only year for limited ornaments though, it's ridiculous. If they were a high-quality statue company like Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya or Attakus I could see limited editions being used, but they're freaking ornaments... I've been getting Star Wars/Star Trek ornaments since the first ones came out, I was a little kid back then and if they had been doing limited stuff this whole time I probably would've lost interest quickly.

#26 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

#27 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

^Yeah but the thing is that the 1991 1701 and the one they did last year were not remotely close. The 1991 version was a suped up "holdiay" version and the one from last year was in the veign of ship reproduction that they had morphed into by the time they did the ENT-D. I doubt they'll do another ENT-D and that's why they did the AGT version.

Don't forget that Christmas of next year is the release date of the new Trek movie, so I'm assuming that Hallmark will do an ornament based on that version of the ship (assuming it will be the Enterprise).

And DUDE! Hallmark Ornaments ARE a huge deal. Granted that the later Trek and Wars ornaments haven't been bringing in the money that earlier ones in the series brought, but across the board there are huge money makers to be had. Check out the "Hooked on Hallmark" book if your local store has one and just peruse through and see what I'm talking about.

And while I doubt this will be the only year they'll do "limited editions", it will probably be the only year they'll do it to THIS extent. It is an attempt to give newcomer collectors the opportunity to procure some really good collectors items that will ONE day bring in the bucks. Those guys selling on eBay right now are looking for an immediate return. Give it a few years and see how well they do. PM me if you want some more information. (Yes, I am a budding hallmarkoholic)

#28 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

Yep...me too...sorta. I've collected every "ship" since the 91 Christmas TOS 1701 (got two). I'm hoping for a TOS adversary set next year; a Klingon D7 and/or Romulan Bird Of Prey. It would be a nice follow-up to the 2006 TOS 1701. LLAP

#29 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

^That would be nice...but I wouldn't hold my breath for more than one ship in any given year...unless they do a pewter version like NX-01 or the 30th anniversary 1701....or the miniature ships (those ARE cool if you guys have never seen them...the fit on the DS9 station too which was one of my favorite display items!!)

#30 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(TLAMGUY @ Mar 10 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya....not my favorite ship either but my collection includes ALL the ships so I'll be picking this one up....only one though. Now the TWOK ornament looks awesome. Definitly going to get a few of those. Anyone see these on the Hallmark site? They usually have an audio clip or two. It's down right now.

...and Hallmark has arrived at TLAMGUY'S crib. Bummer. Ok....the TWOK bridge ornament has three sounds, all ok...especially, KIRK: "It's coming through now Kahn." KHAN: "Times up, Admiral." KIRK: "Here it comes...FIRE!" (phaser fire, explosions). Of course, that is not the full dialog from the movie. They cut and pasted the pieces. Nice use of a static display on two audio tracks though. All in all...eh. I'll not purchase another. I would have like to hear KIRK: "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Now....to the ship. Future Enterprise. Three necells....cept my middle one was "warped"(bent over to the side)....sooooo....applying direct pressure to just the right area resulted in a .... CRACK! Opps. I'll get another one just to have an unbroken one in my collection. However, the overall lighting is good. For some reason the battery compartment doesn't like to stay on. Other than that....eh. It's just not a good Hallmark year for TREK.

Listen up Hallmark...D7....BOP!

#31 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(TLAMGUY @ Aug 17 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen up Hallmark...D7....BOP!

They already did a Bird of Prey. Didn't care for it too much because it doesn't really stand out on a Christmas tree. Kindda blends in with the tree. Same with the Romulan Warbird.

#32 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

The cannons were also pretty fragile on the BOP. On my opened one, both are gone.

#33 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Aug 18 2007, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They already did a Bird of Prey. Didn't care for it too much because it doesn't really stand out on a Christmas tree. Kindda blends in with the tree. Same with the Romulan Warbird.

I think that was the KLINGON BOP. They havn't done a TOS ROMULAN BOP:

Affiliation: Romulan Star Empire
Type: Bird-of-prey
Armaments: 1 plasma torpedo launcher
Defenses: Deflector shields, cloaking device

#34 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

OMG! Yes! They have to do a Rommy BOP!

BTW, have they ever done a D7 or K'Tinga?

#35 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Not yet. It would be nice though!

#36 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

For next year, though, I expect them to do something from the new movie rather than something from the past Treks.

#37 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

^Actually did a Romulan WARBIRD, not a BOP.

And I do agree that the quality of ornaments for Trek has gone down in recent years. I have purchased them all but I have not been that happy with these new mini-scene ornaments (COTEF, Locutus, Transporter chamber, and this year's TWOK). I still miss the continuous lighting option for the ships too...the new battery powered ones are just a let down compared to the old ones.

For anyone interested, here is a list from Hooked On Hallmark.com that shows pretty decent pictures of what each of the ornaments looked like and what year they came out. This IS a complete list and you can even purchase some of them from the site (prices vary in deal vs. scalp depending on the ornament). I've used this site before and they're very reliable.

#38 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

I remember the Warbird. I'm just surprised they never did a Romulan BOP.

#39 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

^Well there are several ships that I'm surprised they haven't done yet, the Romulan BOP and the Klingon battle cruiser K-7 style being at the top of the list. I think that the alien ships didn't sell as well as the starfleet ones, so they're shying away from the alien ships mostly. I could be wrong.

#40 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

I just saw the TWOK bridge scene ornament today at CVS It looked really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users