Marvel Select

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

For news about new and old Marvel Select products.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Awesome. I have recently gotten in to these and am loving them.

#3 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well, we could start a Universal Monsters thread too :-P
I am working on a Gangster Kirk, using the Invisible Man. And maybe a City on the Edge if Forever Spock with Jeckle and Hyde

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Oh there's so much good select stuff out,I sure have some catching up to do!

And hopefully one day,we'll get Robby the Robot,B9 and some other fun classic stuff.

Also hoping,apart from Electro and Spidey from ASM 2,there'll be a Rhino and Gobby as well,from the new movie of course. They've done both already in thier classic forms. Does anyone know if there's only one Doc Ock? I know they did a USM version of him,was hoping for a classic one as well. And Mysterio would be neat! And Shocker,Vulture,MJ......hmmm,the list is pretty big,lol!

Thanks for starting this thread btw,I WAS gonna do it,honest! lol!

J-R!

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have to take a moment to vent. I finally found a Marvel Select Venom for a decent price on line and picked it up. This has been one of my most wanted figures for a long time and this one is pretty much the perfect representation of the character. Well it was delivered yesterday and I immediately opened it up and started posing and checking it out. I then noticed that it was hard to stand him and that one leg looked a little off. Well it appears that I was the lucky recipient of a factory error as from the knee down he has two right legs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo... This was a dream figure that I waited a long time to get. I couldn't believe it.

Almost the exact same thing happened with my first TRU Kirk. He had a Spock right foot in place of his left foot. And when I contacted DST about Kirk they did not have any parts available so I had to sit on it. This is very frustrating. So I have contacted the seller and DST and am currently waiting to hear back from.

#6 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Oh there's so much good select stuff out,I sure have some catching up to do!

And hopefully one day,we'll get Robby the Robot,B9 and some other fun classic stuff.

Also hoping,apart from Electro and Spidey from ASM 2,there'll be a Rhino and Gobby as well,from the new movie of course. They've done both already in thier classic forms. Does anyone know if there's only one Doc Ock? I know they did a USM version of him,was hoping for a classic one as well. And Mysterio would be neat! And Shocker,Vulture,MJ......hmmm,the list is pretty big,lol!

Thanks for starting this thread btw,I WAS gonna do it,honest! lol!

J-R!

We've only made the one Doc Ock, and it's actually not Ultimate. It's from a brief period in the main universe where he wore a duster. Not sure we have plans to re-issue or make a new one, but it's come up in Ask DST.

No Select Lost in Space planned, but a lot of new Select lines next year!

I have to take a moment to vent. I finally found a Marvel Select Venom for a decent price on line and picked it up. This has been one of my most wanted figures for a long time and this one is pretty much the perfect representation of the character. Well it was delivered yesterday and I immediately opened it up and started posing and checking it out. I then noticed that it was hard to stand him and that one leg looked a little off. Well it appears that I was the lucky recipient of a factory error as from the knee down he has two right legs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo... This was a dream figure that I waited a long time to get. I couldn't believe it.

Almost the exact same thing happened with my first TRU Kirk. He had a Spock right foot in place of his left foot. And when I contacted DST about Kirk they did not have any parts available so I had to sit on it. This is very frustrating. So I have contacted the seller and DST and am currently waiting to hear back from.

Not sure they're going to be able to replace your Venom body -- we have sent out all the parts we had -- but I think we can get you a new set of Kirk legs if you still need them. I'll let Amy know.

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah,you're right. But he did wear something similar in USM as well,but looked different overall. Had to check some of the comics to make sure,lol! Bummer no Robby or B9 select,two cool robots that defo need more toys released!

Ant chance you could do some Galaxy Quest stuff for next years 15th anniversary? Would LOVE a spaceship! LOL! The best Star Trek movie ever made needs toys,ROFL! I only have the prebuilt model. I know there was supposed to be some figs and stuff,saw pics of prototypes in ToyFare at one point.

Anyways,thanks for letting me know about Ock. Just have to wait and see.

J-R!

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

We've only made the one Doc Ock, and it's actually not Ultimate. It's from a brief period in the main universe where he wore a duster. Not sure we have plans to re-issue or make a new one, but it's come up in Ask DST.

No Select Lost in Space planned, but a lot of new Select lines next year!

Not sure they're going to be able to replace your Venom body -- we have sent out all the parts we had -- but I think we can get you a new set of Kirk legs if you still need them. I'll let Amy know.

That would be cool Zach. Thanks. I'm still waiting to hear back from Amy about Venom, but I think I have convinced the seller to replace him. I will let Amy know when she gets back to me. Im not trying to be a downer. It just gets frustrating.

#9 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

Galaxy Quest would be a great property to makes ships and role playing props for if you could acquire the license.   

#10 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I would LOVE the NSEA Protector and a phaser and VOX! And some figs! Gwen is a must! lol! And Alexander D.,Sarris and some of the other aliens and of course Jason. And you could do the little shuttle as well.....OH and the rock monster! And the piglizard! OMG! NEAT! lol!

But I really do hope they'll do SOMEthing for the 15th anniversary next year. I remember seeing this at the movies in Portland that Christmas. My most perfect Christmas I've had in my life,so far.

J-R!

#11 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ask DSTChuck about GalaxyQuest! It's certainly beloved. Not sure an electronic ship or role-play would happen, but figures? Minimates?

And we're making an Electronic B9, it just needs some more work, though. Not Select scale, as far as I know.

#12 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Oooooh,love  me some LiS merch! lol! How big will it be? Sound and light? Hope there's a Jupiter 2 at some point,and the Chariot would be neat. Never remember though.....did they ever make it home? Or are they still lost? LOL!

Not impressed with The Toy Company That Shall Remain Nameless' Spidey 2 efforts so far. BIG yawn.. Here's hoping the select stuff will be Amazing,as always.

Guess GQ will be just but a dream for now.

J-R!

#13 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just picked up Thor from The Dark World.... These figures just get better and better. Really looking forward to what selections you do for The Winter Soldier and then Avengers 2... Any X: Men Days of Future Past? 

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

I really do love the Marvel Select line. I started out just by picking up a couple of the Iron Man 2 figures and it snowballed from there. Now I have quite a few.

I need to pick up a Silver Surfer now. That one looks pretty nice.

Oh and a quick update on the problem with Venom. I was able to convince the original seller to replace it. YAY!!!

#15 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Zach-superquick question. PLEASE tell me DST are considering doing a 1:15th scale Spinner from Blade Runner?! Please?! Y'know,Christmas coming an'all. Just KNOWING there'll be one is plenty good for me,I'm cheap,LOL!

And of course back to topic. I guess we'll be seeing some ASM2 Select stuff from Toy Fair in February? And announcements of the other select lines you mentioned?

J-R!

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

I really hope there is a Days of Future past select or two.

#17 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Winter Soldier is getting Cap and Falcon. We'll have at least one figure from ASM2, not sure if we'll have more. DOFP will get a figure, from what I hear.

Lost in Space will just be B9. No vehicles planned, but I suppose that could change. I know the show has fans, but I've never found the LiS vehicle designs to be particularly distinctive, while B9 is a pretty famous robot design.

But Chuck has said that the Blade Runner rights are convoluted, and possibly unobtainable, so I think asking about specific products for a license we have not been able to acquire is putting the cart before the horse.

#18 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:06 AM

Cart before the horse. LOL! That's funny! I LIKE it! Lucky horse if cart is full of apples,lol!

Ok,so I guess I just have to DREAM that DST did a Spinner as good as the DeLorean and KITTs.

I like the LiS designs,they're so.....simple,lol. How big will B9 be? Hope it's a 12",would look good with 12" Robby from FP. Which I also hope you'll make,lol!

And there's GOT to be at least two MS's from ASM2! Spidey in new costume,of course,Electro,Rhino,GG.....and maybe some others,if you're to believe the rumours.

Thanks for your response Zach. Really appreciate it

J-R!

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I am going to try and find the Disney Exclusive Winter Soldier figure. I love the promo pics. I have been pretty lucky with the exclusives before.

Oh and I got my replacement Venom from the seller and this one is perfect. I would say that Venom is one of (if not) the best figures they have done.

#20 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

what is ASM2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users