Photo

Did anyone Cancel CBS AA during the Break??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

Curious if any one canceled their AA membership during the Trek break... and if so... will you be re-upping come Jan 7?

Pretty sure a good number of people were planning to save at least the month of Dec. 

The rest of the season will be along in a week or so... and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how this story arc concludes.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

Until they give me a show that appeals to long time fans by respecting the history of past Star Trek shows, I will never be a subscriber to this service. I hope they lose a lot of subscribers until then.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

I was going to but didn’t because my parents use it all the time.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

I did not. There are several other shows on it that me and my wife enjoy.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

I started watching Cheers from the beginning... the 1st 6 seasons are actually really still quite good! I was amazed at how they progressed the storylines.

for example, by the end of season 1, Sam and Diane hookup, by the end of season 2, they breakup, season three they bring in Frasier and Diane, by the end of season 4 thats pretty much done. 

When I compare that to shows like Friends, or Big Bang theory, those shows go on and on with little or no resolution of the arcs... its kinda refreshing watching stuff that moves the story along!

#6 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

I never subscribed. However for me I was really never interested in subscribing/unsubscribing to avoid a month here or there, Had the show turned out ok I would've just kept the subscription indefinitely or at least all the way through to cancellation.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

Well... ultimately... once the full show is on, if you never did the "free trial" you could probably wait, signup for that, bing watch it, and then cancel. 

But yeah... I guess I was just curious about people that are Trek Fans that have decided they will pay to watch... if they are that diligent that they are willing to drop the service for a month when theres no new content? 

I've actually found some other stuff to watch.. including some shows I never watched when they were actually on regular TV.... but I can see the day will come when I no longer find enough content to make it worth the while... and if that happens I'll drop the service.

#8 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

I actually just saw an ad today suggesting just that. Specifically suggested signing up for the free month and binge watching it. The coupon code was even "binge" something. I've been tempted to sign up, but the price is a little on the higher end for very little content that i don't already have. I suspect when they finally cut off Star Trek on other outlets I'll likely subscribe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users