486 replies to this topic

#21 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

I have mixed emotions on this one. I'm happy to see the Excelsior/Enterprise B because we all know DST/AA will do it right but I'm still disappointed that we still don't have a Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser. It's the 30 year anniversary of TMP. Well at least Hallmark is doing one. I guess someone finally listened somewhere.

#22 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

IIRC, they have mentioned that two ships have been in planning and it was after the Ent-D was put into production. So, we could still see another ship - especially since the Ent-B is actually a simpler variation than the AGT Ent-D variant. If there is another ship possibility, I'm thinking a Klingon BoP or the Defiant are the most likely.

#23 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

Since they will have Enterprises NX-01,1701(The Cage and WNMHGB), 1701 refit (and exploding ST 3 version), 1701-A, B, D, All Good Things variant as well as The Mirror Universe variants ; I wonder if we will get Enterprise 1701-C as well? Seems stupid that they would not do one with all the Enterprise variants done before. They could also give us a Yar and Guinan 2-pack to tye into this ships release!

#24 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmm, that would be a sweet 2-pack and ship release. I am very much in love with the photos of the ST3 Excelsior and E-B, always have I been a fan of that design. I cant wait for whenever the release of those is....wait, yes I can....gotta save money. Damn!

#25 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Feb 16 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since they will have Enterprises NX-01,1701(The Cage and WNMHGB), 1701 refit (and exploding ST 3 version), 1701-A, B, D, All Good Things variant as well as The Mirror Universe variants ; I wonder if we will get Enterprise 1701-C as well? Seems stupid that they would not do one with all the Enterprise variants done before. They could also give us a Yar and Guinan 2-pack to tye into this ships release!

I don't know if we will get an ENT-C, but I hope we do.

The possibility is one reason I'm leaning towards buying the ENT-B instead of the Excelsior. Though I prefer the lines of the Excelsior without that extra bit they put on it for Generations, I'd love to have a display of all the Enterprises from AA/DST.

#26 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

Now that they're releasing the E-B, I can't see how they can ignore the E-C. Just one more ship to complete the set, it would be insane for them to ignore it.

Unless of course someone somewhere then demands they also make the Enterprise-J or otherwise the set would be incomplete.

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Unfortunately, I'm sure the Ent-C is pretty far down on their list... I would absolutely love to see it, though. Despite the inferior quality of the Enterprise-E, a display with all of the Enterprises would be so very, very awesome.

Then I just need to find a model of an aircraft carrier and space shuttle that are close to DST's ship size. biggrin.gif

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

I would love a J! As for the C I think its a possibility because DST is basically reusing all the AMT/ERTL models and there was a pretty cool one done of the C. I think it would have to come after the Defiant and Voyager though. DST also said they were doing a non enterprise so Im thinking that counts as the Excelsior but it might also include the Reliant or Klingon Vessel.

#29 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

TNI has another shot of the Enterprise B and shots of the AGT Enterprise D's Saucer Seperation details . Take a look .

http://i.toynewsi.co...b...2F&start=20

#30 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

Since the J was mentioned, I thought I'd share this link, today's post from Doug Drexler's blog. He designed the J, among his many Trek contributions.

http://drexfiles.wor...prise-j-search/

#31 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Damn! Now I really want an Enterprise -J ! Some more Enterprise figures wouldn't hurt my feelings either! I would love it if DST would give us an Enterprise version of a Tholian, Gorn, Orion, Tellarite and some Xindi! Bring on Hoshi and Phlox too!

#32 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

And alas, the Defiant has been jumped over...again. *sigh*

#33 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

The Ent-C played a bigger story role than the Ent-B, so I can't imagine that DST won't make it at some point. spock2.gif

#34 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Stormfury_Echo @ Feb 16 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And alas, the Defiant has been jumped over...again. *sigh*

Not jumped over they have not gotten to that letter yet!

#35 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

For those who are interested, BigBadToyStore has both the 1701-B and the NX-2000 up for pre-order already with a "Q3 2009 release date" (release date being a highly subjective term when it comes to DST of course wink.gif) as I just discovered while browsing their site. The links to the preorder the ships can be found here:

U.S.S. Excelsior NX-2000
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B

It's also worth noting however that Rick over at NFCC does not have these listed yet, so I don't know if BBTS may be jumping the gun (or is that "jumping the phaser?") or if Rick simply just hasn't had the chance to update his site yet. In any case, I just thought this info would be useful.

By the way, the Toyfair pictures rock! I still have my "old" Playmates Enterprise-B (sans decals mind you) above my bed on my headboard/shelf, but the sooner I can switch it to the AA/DST one the better. Oh and we're finally getting an Excelsior toy that doesn't look like the Enterprise-B!

Okay, so what's after the Enterprise-B/Excelsior releases? Years ago over on the PA/AA boards, Crom once said "we'll do more ships once every ship named 'Enterprise' has been released." Of course, what Crom was getting at was that there would be no DS9/Voyager ships until each Enterprise had been released, and no non-Enterprise ships (alien or starfleet) either. Using Crom's logic, and assuming that not much has changed, here's where we stand:

- NX-01: Released...could use a "Starship Legends" reissue IMO complete with LEDs and the "updated' Engines from the BD NX-01/Mirror Mirror NX-01.
- NCC-1701: Released.
- NCC-1701 (Refit): Released.
- NCC-1701-A: Released... could also use a "Starship Legends" reissue along with the NX-01.
- NCC-1701-B: Scheduled for a Q3 2009 release (according to BBTS)
- NCC-1701-C: NEVER RELEASED BEFORE!
- NCC-1701-D: Scheduled for a Q1 2009 release (looks plausible) along with the AGT variant (also plausible.)
- NCC-1701-E: Released, but could use a reissue with LEDs "play cover" for battery compartment, and a bit of additional detail.

Okay, the U.S.S. Excelsior NX-2000 obviously throws a monkey wrench into the whole "no ships not named Enterprise until all Enterprises are released," but AA/DST might have decided to "bend" that rule so that they could release a "variant" on the Enterprise-B at the same time as the Enterprise-B herself.

Anyway, before everyone starts panicking, here's my theory on what's next, after the Enterprise-B:
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C
- U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205

And of course, what I'd like to see after the Enterprise-B:
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C with "Drydock" variant (or battle-damaged variant depending on which is the main release)
- U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E reissue (Nemesis' 10th anniversary is in 2012 if DST needs an excuse to justify this,) w/LED lighting "Play cover" for the battery compartment, etc. to bring the Enterprise-E "in line" with the rest of the AA/DST ships.

I basically feel that 1) The 1701-E needs to be updated and 2) Releasing the Defiant and Voyager at the same time would allow for a nice transition from the DS9 line to a Voyager line of toys.

In any case, bring on the Excelsior-class ships.

#36 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

BBTS always jumps the gun on preorders. Rick never puts anything up until officially confirmed by DST that a product is ready to be solicited.

I don't think you can go by what Crom said years and years ago on the AA boards. A lot of things have changed and Chuck at DST recently said they will probably be doing an alien ship after the E-B/Excelsior release. I would say the Klingon BOP would be most likely, but with so many surprises lately who knows. Defiant after that, though, definitely before the Enterprise-C. But I do think the Enterprise-C will come before Voyager. That's just my prediction.

#37 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

I wonder what quotes from the movie will be released with the E-B.
Cap Harriman: "It doesn't arrive until Tuesday."

#38 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

I'm wondering if these will just include ship sounds rather than voices.

perhaps the Excelsior will have some phrases in it but i think i would be happy if the ships didn't speak to me as if it were captain Kirk or Picard this time.

#39 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

It'd be great if the Excelsior had the line from ST3: "Transwarp Drive Maximum Velocity in 5..4..3..2..1 [shutdown noises]"

#40 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Feb 17 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm wondering if these will just include ship sounds rather than voices.

perhaps the Excelsior will have some phrases in it but i think i would be happy if the ships didn't speak to me as if it were captain Kirk or Picard this time.

I hope to hear Sulu this time: "Captain's Log, USS Excelsior. Hikaru Sulu commanding", or "Target that explosion and fire!" or "Nice to see you in action for one last time, Captain Kirk. Take care."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users