#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

So this popped up today.
http://www.pcgamer.c...r-trek-vr-game/

We're getting a 4 player bridge based VR game from Ubisoft. It's set in the JJ verse, but who cares since it sounds pretty awesome.

It really makes me want to get a vive.

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Trailer:

#3 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Watching E3 with my friends, and I'd be up for this in a heartbeat if they include the prime universe as well. Kind of like how Legacy let you use TOS, TNG and ENT era ships, if this game has that, it'll be amazing.

LeVar Burton did an amazing job selling it on stage with Aisha Tyler. :)

#4 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

Since it's just a bridge simulator, the universe doesn't matter much to me. It's just the design aesthetic at that point. Its you and your friends playing it, so you can role play it however you want. 

#5 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Here's the full unveiling, complete with the Aisha Tyler and LeVar Burton on stage at E3. Agreed, Jay K - he does a good job selling the game.

Since it's just a bridge simulator, the universe doesn't matter much to me. It's just the design aesthetic at that point. Its you and your friends playing it, so you can role play it however you want. 

It's a story-based game, with your ship scouting potential colonisation sites for what's left of the Vulcan populace to settle New Vulcan. Apparently there's Klingon activity in the area, some previously un-encountered aliens, and some natural quirks to that region of space (I think it's called The Trough? I dunno. I'm not checking.).

Basically, it's like Starfleet has told you and your crew "go scout for a new homeworld in the worst possible place. Kthxbai.".

Anyway, my point is that the experience is more than just superficially JJ-verse-based. Hopefully they have Quick-Battle or Exploration modes with the option to use other ships/bridges. That'd be a likely route for them to charge for DLC *sigh*.

If there's any way into the game's innards at all, you can expect the modding community to descend like locusts, and make this new "STBC" as flexible, diverse, open, and buggy as the previous STBC - Star Trek Bridge Commander.

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

Was watching a Lets Play in this game, and saw that they had a modernized model of K7:

vZAW6Ga.jpg

I like what they've done with it, stayed very true to the original design while marking it look modern.

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Man I wish I could afford a vr headset, one of the missions is the Kobayashi Maru test.

#8 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

This would be bordering on dream-game for me if it was in the next-gen era.

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

I wonder if they'll add other ships in the future. The next gen era could be DLC they offer down the line.

Just watching people play this has me me really like the big windows on the Kelvin verse ships even more.

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:59 AM

TNG DLC is coming:
https://youtu.be/1MQMzxtDaHw

May have to pick this up when it comes out for PC since theres no longer a VR requirement.

#11 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

They need to add a version of this game for the new stand alone Oculus Go VR headset. That headset is in the very affordable $200-$250 price range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users