486 replies to this topic

#41 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (pickard @ Feb 17 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'd be great if the Excelsior had the line from ST3: "Transwarp Drive Maximum Velocity in 5..4..3..2..1 [shutdown noises]"

Level, Please.
Transporter Room.
Thank you.
Up yer shaft... biggrin.gif

On a more serious note, how about.....

Yellow Alert. Yellow Alert.
Bridge, this is the Captain. How can you have a yellow alert in space dock?
Sir, someone is stealing the Enterprise.
I'm on my way.

Kirk, you do this and you'll never sit in the Captain's chair again.

Speaking of which... think we have hope of a reissue of the ST III Kirk from the forthcoming two pack in the person of a ST:III Kirk/chair combo?

#42 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

Are we seeing both the NX-2000 and the NCC-2000? I think the phrases included would depend on which one it is. Although, perhaps, we will actually be seeing both if DST can find retailers to carry both as exclusives (as I'm assuming the 1701-B will be the standard release).

#43 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Feb 18 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which... think we have hope of a reissue of the ST III Kirk from the forthcoming two pack in the person of a ST:III Kirk/chair combo?

Though I'd probably buy it, no I don't think we have hope of that.

#44 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Barney @ Feb 17 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what quotes from the movie will be released with the E-B.
Cap Harriman: "It doesn't arrive until Tuesday."

A MUST!

#45 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Feb 18 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we seeing both the NX-2000 and the NCC-2000? I think the phrases included would depend on which one it is. Although, perhaps, we will actually be seeing both if DST can find retailers to carry both as exclusives (as I'm assuming the 1701-B will be the standard release).

Ops, my bad. I was so excited about getting the excelsior that I forgot to check which one was displayed. It seems that DST will release the NX-2000 at that is a pity, at least to me, because I think of her as a joke, not as a real ship that seen some action like the NCC-2000 that helped the E-A destroy a Klingon battle cruiser.

#46 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Feb 18 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Level, Please.
Transporter Room.
Thank you.
Up yer shaft... biggrin.gif

Oh, I really hope we get that on the NX-2000; it's one of the most memorable lines in Star Trek history, and if we can have a ship with a "KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!" sound effect, Scotty's famous little speech there should be doable on the NX-2000. Actually, it might be good to use as the first sound, with the last sound being the transwarp drive going offline. I think you pretty much nailed the dialogue portions of the ship there. smile.gif

I didn't know AA/DST had any alien ships planned for their next release, but it'd be nice to finally see something. Personally, I think that a Borg Cube would be nice if only for the fact that it could go with the Enterprise-E, the Enterprise-D and a Voyager and/or Defiant toy once they arrive. Runners up include the Scimitar (would go well with the 1701-E,) a Klingon/Romulan D-7 battlecruiser (to go with a TOS Enterprise,) or a Romulan D'deridex-class warbird to go with the Enterprise-D.

In truth, I'd like to see the Enterprise-C after the Enterprise-B/Excelsior because that would finish off every Enterprise that AA/DST has the rights too, in fact, the Enterprise-C might go well with a Klingon BoP which could also be used with the TWOK Enterprise, and the Enterprise-D. Just my $0.02 cents.

Personally, I can't wait for the Enterprise-B/Excelsior releases, and I'm already getting antsy waiting for the Enterprise-D and hoping someone picks up the AGT variant so I can purchase one.

#47 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ Feb 24 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't know AA/DST had any alien ships planned for their next release, but it'd be nice to finally see something. Personally, I think that a Borg Cube would be nice if only for the fact that it could go with the Enterprise-E, the Enterprise-D and a Voyager and/or Defiant toy once they arrive. Runners up include the Scimitar (would go well with the 1701-E,) a Klingon/Romulan D-7 battlecruiser (to go with a TOS Enterprise,) or a Romulan D'deridex-class warbird to go with the Enterprise-D.

The Borg Cube is not a bad idea, as DST is releasing a bunch of new borg figures.

#48 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Oh man!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO Excited about the Excelsior....I waited and waited for Playmates to make an Excelsior...the ROUND bottom one, not just a sticker variant of the Generations Ent-B!!

WOO HOO!!!!

#49 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

I'm told by a reliable source that these will be in 1/1000 scale. Not 1/750 like the other ships AA/DST has done, save for the Ent-E which is in 1/1500. So these will be off-scale to the rest of our DST fleet.

#50 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:40 AM

So will these be bigger or smaller than what we have already? not to savvy on scales

#51 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

if I'm not mistaken 1/1000 means that each 1 inch of the model equals 1000 inches on the "real" ship right?

#52 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Mar 1 2009, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So will these be bigger or smaller than what we have already? not to savvy on scales

Relative scale won't interfere with the size of the actual toy. It will be smaller in scale compared to the NX-01 and the Connies. It will be larger in scale compared to the Enterprise-E and Enterprise-D. Size-wise, however, it will be similar in size to all of the previous ships, somewhere between 14-18 inches.

#53 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

FHC is correct. Just take the size of the real subject in feet, multiply by 12 to convert it to inches, then divide by the scale to get the size of the miniature in inches. In this case they will be about 18-19 inches long. They will be the same scale and size as the old AMT model kits of these ships. spock2.gif

#54 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Fleet Captain Kor'Tar @ Feb 15 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard on one of the Ask DST posts awhile back that one of their next starship projects was going to be an alien ship .

I'm hoping for the Neg'Vhar Battle cruiser myself .

That would be awesome or a Vor'cha Attack Cruiser...I have always liked those.

#55 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

As much as I'd enjoy seeing a Vor'Cha Attack Cruiser , I've gotta say the one I have from Playmates looks awesome . I'd much rather see a ship that has never been made before , like the D7, Qo'Nos 1 , or the Neg'Vhar .

#56 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

^^ But the one from Playmates never came with a stand! That's why I never purchased one, I would love a DST Vor'cha to display.

#57 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

^^Yes that's true , but I set mine up on a sturdy 20 oz drinking cup that's a shade or 2 lighter than the DST stands . Granted it adds a an echo to the SFX LOL!

#58 MonkeyBiz

MonkeyBiz

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

It's great that they're making the Enterprise-B.

Here's my thoughts on what they need to make:
Enterprise-C (even as a limited run, just to complete the series)
Defiant
Voyager
Reliant
Deep Space 9 (with scale Defiant)
Klingon Bird of Prey
Klingon D7
Romulan Bird of Prey
Romulan Warbird (D'Deridex)
Borg Cube or Sphere

As for total "Wishes were horses" ships, here's my stable:
Valdore
Scimitar
Galor
Dominion Battleship
Neg'Vhar
Species 8472 Bioship
Prometheus (with multi-vector assault mode)
JJprise smile.gif

But yeah. At that point, we're already 10+ years out at 2 ships a year.

#59 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

That's pretty much my list to MonkeyBiz. I really wish the Prometheus and ships like the Akira class weren't such long-shots.

#60 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 23 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty much my list to MonkeyBiz. I really wish the Prometheus and ships like the Akira class weren't such long-shots.

A 1/1000 model kit of the Akira is in the works by Polar Lights. spock2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users