• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just bought the 33" Classic USS Enterprise...it was just released....this thing is ridiculous!! It has the potential to be better than the Master Replicas!! It comes with a miniature in scale bridge and shuttle bay with Galileo shuttle. It was researched thoroughly and is very similar to the 11' original filming model. The lighting kit comes with almost 100 LEDs and working fan motors....I started building this behemoth ... I will keep you guys updated with pictures.

#2 kerowack

kerowack

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

We're did you purchase it?

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

www.culttvman.com got them in before anyone else... the kit is 129.99 and worth EVERY penny....... They arent really out yet..... Here are some pics of what I have done so far....

*** Just a note...the ship is just taped together for a dry fit check .....it will be much more stable when it is glued and the locking mechanisms are placed between the secondary hull and pylons***

#4 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Please keep posting pictures of your build.

I love the box art. Can you say what the measurements are?

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (pickard @ Nov 25 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please keep posting pictures of your build.

I love the box art. Can you say what the measurements are?

The box art by Alex Ross is amazing !

I know she measures about 33" long I will have to investigate further to get more measurements.....

Here is a picture of the saucer with some slight weathering.....

#6 kerowack

kerowack

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Are the decals the norm where you have to wet them? I hate those, but I want this ship!!!! How much needs to be painted?

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (kerowack @ Nov 25 2012, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are the decals the norm where you have to wet them? I hate those, but I want this ship!!!! How much needs to be painted?

The amazing thing about this kit is that it is molded in color !!! Even the deflector is brass colored plastic...... So paint isn't totally necessary.... and yes unfortunately the decals are the wet transfer type.

#8 kerowack

kerowack

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 25 2012, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The amazing thing about this kit is that it is molded in color !!! Even the deflector is brass colored plastic...... So paint isn't totally necessary.... and yes unfortunately the decals are the wet transfer type.

Damn! I have never been good with those. Makes me think twice! I love the size though....hard to build?

Sorry to pester you, but the only model I've built is a small nx-o1 and it's a decent job at best.

#9 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wow, 129.99? That's a lot less than I was expecting. Are these on a limited run?

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (kerowack @ Nov 25 2012, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn! I have never been good with those. Makes me think twice! I love the size though....hard to build?

Sorry to pester you, but the only model I've built is a small nx-o1 and it's a decent job at best.

Kerowack- It definitely needs some TLC ( Sanding and cutting) near the sprues but you could build a decent model right out of the box.... I would be willing to offer you guidance if you get it.

#11 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Nov 25 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, 129.99? That's a lot less than I was expecting. Are these on a limited run?

Big D- the production version is a standard edition kit..... ( Thats the version I have) But they do offer a limited ( 1701 pieces) of a special kit that has parts to make the first two pilots also. This kit is already going for mad money on ebay as they have already sold out.

There is also a Polar Lights lighting kit made especially for this bad boy..... it runs about 140.00 ...it includes the fan motors and lots of lights....

#12 kerowack

kerowack

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 25 2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kerowack- It definitely needs some TLC ( Sanding and cutting) near the sprues but you could build a decent model right out of the box.... I would be willing to offer you guidance if you get it.

Thanks man. I think I'll pick it up soon and build it when I'm off the week after Christmas. I will definitely be asking questions.

#13 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (kerowack @ Nov 25 2012, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks man. I think I'll pick it up soon and build it when I'm off the week after Christmas. I will definitely be asking questions.

No problem....

Here is a photo of the amazing box art by the talented Mr Alex Ross.....

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Haaahaaaa ...Just noticed you can see my dog's butt in the top of the box art photo....probably should have cropped it LOL.....

#15 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics Prometheus.

I don't recall the saucer grid lines as being that dark out of the box... did you enhance the lines yourself?

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (sbamah @ Nov 27 2012, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for sharing the pics Prometheus.

I don't recall the saucer grid lines as being that dark out of the box... did you enhance the lines yourself?

Yes...I highlighted them.

#17 kerowack

kerowack

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 27 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes...I highlighted them.

Pulled the trigger. On its way. Bought some testors light gray spray paint. Coat the ship, paint some of the small details and hopefully not screw up the stickers. That shuttle craft came out nice! I'd love to light it, but I'd just want to throw some Christmas lights inside....would that work?

#18 trekkier

trekkier

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

How does the lighting kit work? Do i have to be electronically savvy? If thats the case im not at all, but i wanted to know if it was just plug and play?

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (trekkier @ Nov 29 2012, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does the lighting kit work? Do i have to be electronically savvy? If thats the case im not at all, but i wanted to know if it was just plug and play?

It is plug and play....

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (kerowack @ Nov 28 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pulled the trigger. On its way. Bought some testors light gray spray paint. Coat the ship, paint some of the small details and hopefully not screw up the stickers. That shuttle craft came out nice! I'd love to light it, but I'd just want to throw some Christmas lights inside....would that work?

You definitely made the right choice ...It is awesome..... Here are some helpful hints.... Be sure to wash all the model parts in warm soapy water to release the molding agents that keep the paint from sticking properly...This is VERY important.... Also use a fine mist primer after it is completely dry of the water.... Hope this helps !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users