kerowack's Content

There have been 19 items by kerowack (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#70766 Star Trek Select

Posted by kerowack on 16 July 2013 - 09:00 PM in AA / DST

I have almost every art asylum figure released. That being said, I got my hands on deluxe Kirk and Spock today and they are easily the nicest star trek figures I own! Perfect for display and plenty of options...... I'm in love. Super freaking kudos. Job well done.

#64043 Poll for interest in Next Select Figure

Posted by kerowack on 13 December 2012 - 09:13 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Dec 13 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both Archer and Pike were released with chairs already, i bet Yar would sell better than ANY Archer...if Voyager doesnt peak interest in the mark then Enterprise sure doesn't. T'Pol could work in the Femme Fatales line but I really dont see  them making anything from Enterprise any time in the Near future.

I was trying to keep is simple, and not TOS related. Quark or Guinan at the bar would be Great, but we gotta look at the two released ones as a Reference, Sisko and Dukat, which would be cool, is highly unlikely and frankly, how would they pull that off. Death of Jadzia was a Stretch to put in the Polk.

I still say Tasha would be ideally placed in the select line, a simple display with a removable Armus in the puddle that way you can have him surfaced or just the puddle with Tasha. Ideal setting for sure.

I get archer is a rough pick, but that was just me hoping.  And I meant pike in his beeping black chair....

They need to hit the captains and characters that have been ignored or not focused on.  I'd put yar behind at least ten other characters from tng....let alone the rest of the star trek universe.

#64038 Poll for interest in Next Select Figure

Posted by kerowack on 13 December 2012 - 06:36 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Dec 13 2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh come one. We need a good captains vest Kirk. I dont think one has ever been done. LOL.

Either way I am just looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Janeway, t,pol and all other females could be released in the line that 7 of 9 will be, so I'm keeping this straight dudes.

Quark at bar, with morn?  Captain pike I'm chair.  Sulu with sword.  McCoy jumping through guardian....data or Picard (pick any number of scenes). Archer (my favorite) with chair.  Sisko and diktat falling in fire....transporting riker.....mugato!

Yar keeps coming up and I don't get that suggestion.  She wouldn't sell and she's a blip on th radar of people we need to see.

#63884 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Dec 9 2012, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.... That turned out beautiful! Great job kerowack... I'm glad I could help. :-)

Thanks man! It was fun, and you need to show your model when it's done. I've been following your progress at starship modeler as well....at least I think it's you.

#63880 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 09 December 2012 - 02:00 PM in Everything else.

Done....almost. Just have to add two replacement decals...but finished besides that! Still a bit beige in real life, but I successfully put it together and it's the centerpiece of my trek room. Thanks for the hel Prometheus!

http://m.flickr.com/...in/photostream/

#63830 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 06 December 2012 - 06:44 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Dec 6 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use testors model cement....it bonds the plastic ...just make sure the gluing area is free of paint as this will prevent proper cohesion

Thanks!  How hard is it to take a decal off?  I'm considering spending the 16 bucks and ordering a new sheet to fix my nacelle problem.

#63828 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 06 December 2012 - 05:52 PM in Everything else.

Thanks for the decal tips!  They went on like a charm and look great!  I'm kicking myself because of one major screw up and that's that I switched the nacelle decals by accident (wife talking and doing two things at once).... They still look good, but it'll irk me from time to time.  Next step...assembly!  What glue do you use for the big pieces?

#63797 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 04 December 2012 - 05:34 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Dec 4 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you like it !!!  Would love to see pictures ..... You can use your finger to slide the decal onto the surface of the hull..... Don't pull them off the sheet as this could damage them. Yes ...you can just brush on the set after the decal dries.....

Hope this helps....

I'm basing my paint off of this guys build.  Right. Ow it's a little too tan for my tastes, but I'm hoping the decals and the grey parts (I'm using three shades of gray) come together to tone it down.  Either way, I lo the look of his finish and am following it pretty closely.  Same paints and all!

http://www.therpf.co...c-heavy-150476/

#63763 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 02 December 2012 - 09:54 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Dec 2 2012, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys!

I'm obsessed with this kit.  Primed, painted and started to put in windows and lights(though I'm putting it on a coffee table so no electric).   It's really a well engineered kit and I love the window options.  My bridge is detailed nicely and drying right now.  The only clear window on the whole ship will be above the bridge. I'm still really nervous about the decals. Do you use your finger to pull the decal or a tool.  Do you brush the set on top of it after the decal dries?

#63757 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 02 December 2012 - 07:00 AM in Everything else.

Awesome job and thanks for the tips!  I spent last night snipping off pieces of extra plastic and washing the parts. Can't decide on lighting yet.  Will primer all parts today.

It's a simple build which makes me happy and the pieces lock nicely.  Plus, it's do big that most of the parts are not to small for my clumsy hands.

#63740 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 30 November 2012 - 04:42 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 29 2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay.... Have been working hard on the Grand Lady of the Stars..... I have all the parts pre-painted and ready for lighting in sub assemblies....Here are some pics

I also did some of the decaling in "safe areas".... The areas that are going to be puttied, sanded, and airbrushed obviously have no decals.....

Thanks for the tip on the primer.  Just picked up a can.  Btw, can you explain your sticker method?  I always mess up.  Tips?

#63720 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 28 November 2012 - 07:23 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 27 2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes...I highlighted them.

Pulled the trigger. On its way. Bought some testors light gray spray paint. Coat the ship, paint some of the small details and hopefully not screw up the stickers. That shuttle craft came out nice! I'd love to light it, but I'd just want to throw some Christmas lights inside....would that work?

#63673 Star Trek Select

Posted by kerowack on 25 November 2012 - 08:43 PM in AA / DST

Tasha yar? Peg warmer and a half.....

There are about 60 trek characters I'd rather see ahead of her....maybe 100. We need a janeway for sure and personally, I'd like a quark, a t'pol(peg warmer though she may be) and a gorn.

Hell, I'd rather get an Edith keeler getting hit by a car than a yar!

#63667 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 25 2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kerowack- It definitely needs some TLC ( Sanding and cutting) near the sprues but you could build a decent model right out of the box.... I would be willing to offer you guidance if you get it.

Thanks man. I think I'll pick it up soon and build it when I'm off the week after Christmas. I will definitely be asking questions.

#63660 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 25 November 2012 - 05:21 PM in Everything else.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Nov 25 2012, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The amazing thing about this kit is that it is molded in color !!! Even the deflector is brass colored plastic...... So paint isn't totally necessary.... and yes unfortunately the decals are the wet transfer type.

Damn! I have never been good with those. Makes me think twice! I love the size though....hard to build?

Sorry to pester you, but the only model I've built is a small nx-o1 and it's a decent job at best.

#63658 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 25 November 2012 - 05:14 PM in Everything else.

Are the decals the norm where you have to wet them? I hate those, but I want this ship!!!! How much needs to be painted?

#63640 Polar Lights/ Round 2 1/350 TOS Enterprise

Posted by kerowack on 24 November 2012 - 05:47 PM in Everything else.

We're did you purchase it?

#62957 2009 Movie 3 3/4 inch toy line

Posted by kerowack on 05 October 2012 - 07:15 PM in Playmates

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Oct 5 2012, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a custom that had risers built into it. I think they used the mat as a template to cut different levels.
I think it was made with Foamcore and they seemed to have kept the plastic for the floor. I saw it on eBay, so it must be true smile.gif

I built one using that as a guideline. It was insanely easy and it looked great. Mits such a huge piece though that I don't have it on display at the moment. Two big pieces of white foam core and glue and you can exacts knife the pieces really simply.

#62944 Star Trek Select

Posted by kerowack on 04 October 2012 - 07:32 PM in AA / DST

I'm in, but I wish they would have done an alien with Kirk instead of khan. I don't like that selection, Spock is perfect. Now give us a damn janeway and a quark! These two always get the shaft!