• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

I picked this up from Ebay. This is darn nice. I picked up the box from the post office and opened it in the parking lot. I'm looking this thing over and then it hit me. I am looking this thing over, waving it around, in a post office parking lot just 10 feet from the main door. I slipped it back in the box and slowy drove away. This thing could get you shot!! biggrin.gif

#2 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

When Mark called me yesterday and was relaying the story, I asked if he was calling from the Detention Center Holding Cell.... roflmao.gif

That would have given an entirely different meaning to "Going Postal"....

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:28 AM

That is a nice one. It just keeps getting harder and harder not to get into building these.

Your story reminds me of one of the old Saturday Night Live Skits "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy". Here is the one I was thinking of.

I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a nice one. It just keeps getting harder and harder not to get into building these.

You know you want to. Just give in and do it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your story reminds me of one of the old Saturday Night Live Skits "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy". Here is the one I was thinking of.

I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.

LOL! OMG, that's hilarious!

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:09 AM

If you like that one I have several pages of Jack Handy quotes saved on my PC.

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

As crazy as some people are these days, you cant blame Policemen or anyone else for that matter for being overly cautious when you see someone with a gun, especially outside of a post office. Whatever you do, do not pull it out of the box as you drive by a school or i will probably see you on the 6pm news that day.

#7 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

Do they use that on BSG? I mean it has the FN logo (Belgian gun factory) and it has "Herstal" (name of the town where the FN factory is located) and "Belgium" on the gun. I thought they didn't know where the Earth was in BSG. It's almost like that blooper on the original show, where "Made in the USA" is visible on the screen.

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

My understanding is yes, but they never figured that you would ever get to read it.

#9 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:13 PM

Although the Star Trek assault phaser was based on a beretta gun, it was altered in such a way it didn't look like the beretta anymore. I find it extremely stupid for a SF show to have a prop as obvious as this FN 5.7

#10 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

The Five-Seven is uncommon enough that I'm sure they thought they could get away with it. Most of the stuff used on BSG are found items since it is supposed to share common threads with humans on Earth.

#11 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

One of the last Ep's They were playing with one and there is no doubt it is this gun with a piece mounted to the front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users