New Enterprise E

• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#1101 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

No problem.

#1102 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Don't jump on me for saying this (I'm not defending them), but actually having the thing in my hands, I'm surprised at how little I notice the copyright logos. First chance I get, they're coming off, but them being where they are, and the nacelles being a lot more detailed up top, I really don't notice them as much as I thought I would. Your eye is naturally drawn to the top of the nacelle.

That being said, they shouldn't be like that in the first place.

#1103 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I only notice them if I look directly at them, when it is sitting on my shelf display, I'm looking at the underside of the saucer and engineering hull. I'll get some Mineral Spirits eventually, but right now it's not a priority.

#1104 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

New Enterprise

#1105 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for that, Alex!!!

Although, I have to say that not everyone feels the same way about errors. With toys, an error like yours usually has a lower "value" than one that was painted properly. I use the term cautiously here because I generally hate to discuss monetary value of things that we hold in high regard. As with anything else, it is "worth" whatever the market allows. However, if you took it to a toy show or convention and shopped it around to the dealers, it would be a no-sale. Unless of course you happen to bump into an error hunter. Anything's possible these days.

smile.gif

#1106 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 11 2013, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that, Alex!!!

Although, I have to say that not everyone feels the same way about errors. With toys, an error like yours usually has a lower "value" than one that was painted properly. I use the term cautiously here because I generally hate to discuss monetary value of things that we hold in high regard. As with anything else, it is "worth" whatever the market allows. However, if you took it to a toy show or convention and shopped it around to the dealers, it would be a no-sale. Unless of course you happen to bump into an error hunter. Anything's possible these days.

smile.gif
You're welcome, User897! smile.gif

I understand where you're coming from with regards to errors. Most people would want the ship to be painted correctly, true, but there are people out there who will look for toys with random inaccuracies just to have a one

#1107 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 11 2013, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that, Alex!!!

smile.gif

Oh I beg to differ. I see people say that, but I have found that you place it on Ebay and they ALWAYS go for more. I have bid on so many errors and lost them. Why because the hardcore collector goes after them. Does anyone ever look at my collection?
Someone who must have every single sticker placed withing a micro fraction of perfect would not want it of course.

#1108 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Mar 11 2013, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I beg to differ. I see people say that, but I have found that you place it on Ebay and they ALWAYS go for more. I have bid on so many errors and lost them. Why because the hardcore collector goes after them. Does anyone ever look at my collection? Someone who must have every single sticker placed withing a micro fraction of perfect would not want it of course.
You're absolutely right FHC. I've seen quite a few toys with unique production errors fetch some very pretty pennies on eBay. I think the difference between what you're describing and what User897 is describing would be the "venue" for lack of a better term. The toy show/convention crowd usually has a different mindset than the eBay crowd, at least that's been my experience. When I've purchased things at a convention, they've usually been items that I couldn't find on eBay, or things that had an insane mark

#1109 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Thanks Alex, that's what I was trying to get at.

#1110 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 12 2013, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Alex, that's what I was trying to get at.
You're welcome. By the way, individual NEM Enterprise

#1111 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Alex, I am in for one..to try to duplicate what Wayne pulled of with his Ent-E.

Funny thing is I am having more problems finding his Gundam Pen than I thought.

I have this huge Hobby store that sells Gundam stuff...and RC stuff and every other modeling stuff you can think of but....

not a .2mm Gundam Pen!!!!

Oh a treasure hunt begins!

ShipNerd

#1112 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I had to order mine from a Chinese Ebay listing. It took roughly a month for it to arrive.

#1113 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 12 2013, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're absolutely right FHC. I've seen quite a few toys with unique production errors fetch some very pretty pennies on eBay. I think the difference between what you're describing and what User897 is describing would be the "venue" for lack of a better term. The toy show/convention crowd usually has a different mindset than the eBay crowd, at least that's been my experience. When I've purchased things at a convention, they've usually been items that I couldn't find on eBay, or things that had an insane mark

#1114 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

I understand what you're saying now FHC. In that case, I'd have to agree with you, the ship with the error has a higher value.

For anyone whose curious, I just did a rough calculation of the cost

#1115 Guest_user897_*

Guest_user897_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Very true. There's no question that eBay has made it more expensive for folks that just sell on a small basis, or not as often as someone that creates an eBay store. The fees are the real killer for the little guy.

#1116 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (user897 @ Mar 12 2013, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very true. There's no question that eBay has made it more expensive for folks that just sell on a small basis, or not as often as someone that creates an eBay store. The fees are the real killer for the little guy.
You hit the nail on the head User897. An item like the Enterprise–E that could be had for $50 at retail prior to shipping shoots up to $75 before shipping if sold second hand on eBay simply because of the costs associated with eBay's services. eBay really needs some serious competition when it comes to being the "world's garage sale;" if they had it, that 10% final value fee would be a fraction of what it is now. There are a few sites that have the potential to be competition for eBay, but they need more members before they'll pose enough of a threat for eBay to actually take them seriously.

Anyway, back on–topic. I have another Enterprise–E on its way now, so I'll be selling the one with the error on it at some point in the next few months. When the replacement gets here, I fully intend to take plenty of photos and videos for everyone, even if I'll be doing so much later than I had originally hoped too. Still, this might be for the better, as it gives me the time to really make sure everything is in order for what I ultimately want to do.

Finally, I should note that I'm not sure how much more stock NFCC and BBTS have actually received. NFCC only has the Enterprise–E listed in the single–ship configuration; the set of two is still listed as sold out, as is the option for a case of four. BBTS has "standard grade" packaging available, but they went directly from "sold out" to "in stock" with no "preorder/backordered" step in–between. This contrasts sharply with their handling of other ships, such as the Enterprise–B for example, which is currently listed as available for preorder. This may be nothing, but it could also be indicative of extremely limited supply for the Enterprise–E. Speaking of the Enterprise–B though, if I were to preorder one or two of them from BBTS now, would that guarantee that the ship I'd be getting would be the one from the second run with the corrected registry pennants? (I realize this thread is for the Enterprise–E, but it seems kind of silly to take the tail end of one post and make an entirely new post for it in another thread.)

EDIT: NFCC is once again sold out of the Enterprise–E, but they should be getting more of them next week along with the TWOK and HD 1701s. BBTS still has the ship in stock, at least for now. (Not sure if/when they're receiving more though.)

#1117 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I realize I am new here and well my opinion probably is not too Valued.

I just have to respond because I absolutely do not care for E-bay.

I have only bought one item there, and I knew the seller discussing the item on FB,

So I bought a Voyager Tech Memo Binder from Rick Sternbach. Huge..but I knew who he (Rick) was, and was able to ask a few questions before made a bid.

Other than that exception I have vowed not to buy a thing from Ebay given the fact it has no means or will to police itself.

It is a buyer beware place plain and simple.

I speak from experiences with customers where I work.

The New E I'd rather go through Amazon then Ebay. If I needed another.

Amazon as its faults but is nothing like E-bay.

I hope to learn how to remove those trademarks with Mineral Springs when my second arrives.

Of course, if I cannot get that Pen Wayne was talking about...Drat.

Sounds unlikely but, her nacelles I have seen on this board are really cool looking.

ShipNerd

#1118 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

You can stop worrying about being new and just say it.

#1119 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have bought thousands of items on ebay, had maybe one or two problems. As long as you read the descriptions, make sure you're bidding on what you think you're bidding on, you'll be fine. Both eBay and Paypal policies are very much aimed at protecting the buyer more than the seller. It's very easy for a seller to unknowningly themself up to be ripped off by an unethical buyer. not trying to force people to use eBay, just stating I have lots of experience as a buyer and a seller and except for seller fees it's a great place.

I love my Nemesis E, there are no meaningful issues with it, even the copyright markings still don't bother me.

#1120 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Thanks FHC,

I was of the opinion on the DST Nemesis Enterpise E that it's AZTECA patterns on the top of the Saucer section were incorrect.

These guys, particularly the Enterprise E, match up with the blocks I have noticed exist on the Top of the Saucer of the 2013 E...just behind her registry and wrapping aft to the triangular section of the saucer.

Two different companies with the same hull patterns would not suggest an erroneous pattern.

With of course the exception of those who think a Grid belongs on the Saucer of the TOS Enterprise....THAT is a big can of worms..I shall stay away from!

Check this photo out.

I do ponder if these block patterns existed on the Enterprise E it's entire career or only for Nemesis.

One could Speculate, New Starfleet Armor for the Nemesis E? We know for a fact they added extra weapons to her for this particular film smile.gif

ShipNerd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users