• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

So I found this modeler by complete happenstance while I was googling images of the Defiant. I browsed his website and decided that I really liked his quality of work, so I contacted him regarding a kit that I wanted built. I have since commissioned him for not one, but two builds! Never have I seen such craftsmanship combined with such excellent client care. He builds pro level models (with all of the bells and whistles, mind you), and he always, always puts his clients needs first. I almost feel like he treats me like family, and that's a really special feeling. He is always very nice, courteous, patient and he always listens to what I have to say. He made it very clear in the beginning that this was my model, and he will only do it the way that I want it done.
But my good experiences don't end there. He also has the best prices for this level of work of anybody I have ever seen. He takes his job very seriously. He would never let anything leave his house unless it was something he would display himself. He makes sure that his stuff is no less than the best. This much, I believe, is motivated more by personal standard. I am completely at peace regarding the quality of my model, as I know it will be top notch. If anyone has anything they need modded or built, I would recommend this fellow, hands down.
What we're doing with my Enterprise E:
1.) Detailing with new decals and paint applications.
2.) Building an entirely new electronics system for lit windows and other lighting effects with LED's, blacking out the inside of the mold to make light bleed impossible.
3.) Filling in the seam lines with putty, making her flush.
4.) Resculpting the aft torpedo launchers.
5.) Putting flood lights on the top and bottom of the saucer to light the Registry #'s.
6.) Formation Lights that blink in the same pattern as the digital model in Nemesis.
7.) Replacing the shuttle bay control room window and laying vinyl on it for the support beams.
8.) Installing lights above the main shuttle bay door, just like the studio models.
9.) Retooling the main shuttle bay door.
10.) Lighting the warp coils and making sure that the lighting dispersal is even all the way through.
11.) Doing some neat tricks with the bussard collectors to give them that liquidy effect.
12.) Doing more neat tricks to light the windows in the battery cover and still making it removable.
13.) Making it compatible with either batteries or a wall hook up.
14.) Lifeboats sanded flush and filled. Then laying decals on top to give us that smooth, studio model look.
15.) Laying vinyl on the deflector dish to for detailing it, recessing the dish into the hull, redoing the lighting color.
16.) Putting strobes in the forward and aft Photon torpedo launcher, as well as the Quantum torpedo launcher to simulate firing. These will be attached to their own hidden switches.
17.) And this baby will have constant lights on.
He is doing all of this for a very modest price. A far better quote than I have received from other modelers. If you are interested in getting your AA ships modded, just ask him what his prices are! His name is Paul King, and he owns his own company out of home called Kings Kustom Model Konstruction. Kings Kustom Model Konstruction We are doing sort of a rough draft of my kit with a Bandai Enterprise E. Granted, because this one is so much smaller, it won't allow for all of the spiffy effects he is building in my Art Asylum Enterprise E. However, don't be so hasty to brush it off. This ship will still look incredible. See for yourself! Bandai Enterprise E He will be sticking this baby up on ebay when she's finished, so you should definitely not miss out on that! You should also check out some of his other projects that he has done for people, as they are nothing short of stunning!
I have already paid him and I told him I would do this for him as a personal favor, as he has been so good to me. He does his work with the poor man in mind. This is certainly one of the most admirable things I do believe I have ever heard of. If you don't want to take my word for it, then you should definitely check out his testimonials page. He does all of this while also taking care of four children. Should somebody be nominated for sainthood, I would definitely have this guy in mind. I really hope you have enjoyed looking at his work as I think everyone should know about this guy!

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

This is just spectacular. I want to know how the swirling nacelle red is done! If i had the money Id definately do this!

#3 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

so when do we get to see it?

#4 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

I ship her out to him this week. She'll be started not long after that. You can expect her to arrive home in a few months. As far as the nacelles are concerned, I'm afraid that's a little trade secret. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users