• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:30 AM

Sounds like Mego showed a Picard and Data at toyfair. Great for folks that like them, not my bag though.

Honestly, AA / DST's TWOK figures are still some of my favorites and the Mego sculpts aren't an improvement IMO.

But, on point, most toyfair coverage is on the bigger companies, and from what I understand there are entire halls full of prospective product of smaller companies that basically have tables setup that don't get any coverage. I'm guessing Mego falls in the latter category these days... or they don't really need to promote their products at toyfair as maybe they have sales locked up with online, Walmart and Target?

Which makes me wonder if there isn't other potential Trek Product from smaller companies that we just don't see at Toyfair.

#62 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:36 AM

What,dogs instead of cats in TOS uniforms and scenarios? Jk

Let's start a movement to have Playmates "pick up where they left off". DST and McFarlane seem basically done and if they aren't then they are loosing any remaining customers by not giving an honest explanation. Megos are cool, but not my bag either. I even bought a few to remember what it was like to buy/store hunt a Star Trek toy.🤣 They are just so 70's awkward.

#63 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:05 AM

They are just so 70's awkward.

:lol:  :D  :P  :roflmao:

I did see reported that there is a Voyagur card game from some company called "Lonney Labs"

https://www.dailysta...fluxx-card-game

#64 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

I kept my DST/Mego Picard/Borg after the TOS purge because TNG...

I have the Data on preorder...mainly as wish fulfillment since back then I wanted TNG to keep going.

Honestly not sure I need any of them anymore but I'm still a sucker for TNG.

#65 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

The DST/EMCE packaging was awesome from a collectors perspective. You could pop them open, and put 'em back if you liked. 

When I sold mine off I pretty much got MSRP for them even labeled open... and a few folks emailed me back asking if they were really opened because they couldn't tell! 

#66 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 08 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

RizzoPSU I agree with petitioning Playmates Toys and J. VanCitters about continuing Star Trek Toys. There was even some talk about this a couple years after the failed 2009 attempt. I think it will probably happen again when the two animated series that are in the preproduction/preair phase come to our screens. At that point there will definitely be a lot of catching up to do!

#67 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:06 AM

Sorry for the ignorance but who is J Van Citters?

#68 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:14 AM

this i think?
https://memory-alpha...ohn_Van_Citters

#69 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

Yep hes one of the main people to go to for what happens with Star Trek licensing. Hes on Facebook and Twitter. A guy from England who used to be a prominent poster here (David Ellis) has been really active in tweeting John Van Citters at CBS as well as prominent bloggers like Pixel Dan and also Pat Linden at Playmates Toys. Mr Linden can easily be messaged by going to Playmates Toys website and clicking the Contact Us link. A short correspondence left there explaining that you are a fan of Star Trek and would like to see a return of Star Trek figures will get a reply back in a really short time. They are fans too and would like to be back in the loop but they are waiting for the time to be right.

#70 Jpatrik

Jpatrik

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fitness, Writing, World Domination

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

Wow, bgiles73 - thats good intel.  Thanks.  Its probabkly worth dropping Pat Linden a line and telling him how much we love/loved their Trek product and would love to see them back in the game.  Though I see their point - Cant really see the toyetic possibilities in the new Picard show.

#71 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

They keep teasing us with cool stuff in that show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users