• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#21 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

So, whats the best way to get this figure? I already have the entire Trek universe on DVD...so I dont really want the DVD's but I also dont want to go through the whole Tapestry Picard-Ebay hunt again. I think I ended up paying 40 bucks for my Tapestry Picard. At first on Ebay they were going for like 100 bucks, but eventually began to drop in price over several months. So, I am assuming the best way would be buying the DVDs....

Hmm....what to do....what to do....

Suggestions?

#22 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

Sounds like buying the DVD set is the best option.

#23 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Thomas E. Johnson @ Aug 23 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like buying the DVD set is the best option.

Yeah, seems so....and I do love new special features so I guess it works out.

#24 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

Check

www.half.com

I was buying the DVD set there, to get the picard figure, for 15 shipped. Picked up 4 of them.

#25 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

I'm delighted with this. It'll be nice to have another Geordi figure.

#26 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

though I like getting new figures I find this the WORST way they can do it!
Cause not living in the US usually makes it harder to get the figures but usually Rick can deliver them, with the Free with DVD figures it is a total disaster, I ended up payoing way to muich for the tapestry simply cause there was no free with DVD figure over here!

(to this day only one of three star trek figures I do not have a spare loose of)

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

Although it is a slight inconvenience as to how it's getting released, I'm looking forward to it. Since it's merely a commbadge change, and it wasn't a very epic episode, I'm not too worried if I don't get one. Wouldn't mind getting it though, a new Geordi is always welcome. biggrin.gif

#28 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(data_2006 @ Aug 23 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
though I like getting new figures I find this the WORST way they can do it!
Cause not living in the US usually makes it harder to get the figures but usually Rick can deliver them, with the Free with DVD figures it is a total disaster, I ended up payoing way to muich for the tapestry simply cause there was no free with DVD figure over here!

(to this day only one of three star trek figures I do not have a spare loose of)

Well you can always hit your buds up on the Trektoy forum to snatch one up for you.

#29 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

I can't remember now how many I shipped out from here. 3 or 4 maybe.

#30 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Maybe Rick can get his hands on some to offer as a special deal like he was able to do with the Tapestry Picard not long ago.

#31 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

I just look at this like another convention exclusive. Most of them go for about $20-25. Here with this I buy the DVD for $30 and i get the dvd and a figure. I can always sell off the dvds to lower the price of the figure. I just dont get the resistence to buying the dvds especially knowing how hard it was to get a Tapestry Picard without buying the DVD.

#32 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Aug 23 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's officially Captain Geordi from 'Timeless.'
http://trekmovie.com...ective-dvd-set/

Thanks so much for that tidbit!

I was really pleased that Canadians were eligible for the Tapestry Picard figure. I'm hoping it will be the same with this Geordi figure!

#33 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 23 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you can always hit your buds up on the Trektoy forum to snatch one up for you.

Sounds like a good plan! SO if anyone wants to get an extra and ship it overseas just let me know!

#34 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Aug 24 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's officially Captain Geordi from 'Timeless.'
http://trekmovie.com...ective-dvd-set/

Nice!

#35 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(data_2006 @ Aug 24 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a good plan! SO if anyone wants to get an extra and ship it overseas just let me know!

let me know if you want to do it. It would make the (insert large number here) times I have done it.

#36 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

I'm guessing when they re-master Voyager.... :| they'll give you the chance to mail away for certain figures tongue.gif

#37 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

On a serious note however, Star Trek is a global brand surely they should offer this to ALL countries selling Star Trek DVD's and merchandise. I think the reason that Trek hasn't really offered DST the maximum profit they could make from it is because they insist on only serving the US - where as Star Trek is probably just as big at the moment over in Germany and the UK.

#38 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

The issue has always been one of shipping I'm sure. In order to send a package out of the US to most anywhere means filling out forms for every package. Most people want it filled out as a gift and retailers won't do that. In my case in order to send something to a non US address means driving across the city to the main post office, waitng in long lines, filling out 3 or at least 2 forms. I don't mind for forum members but I wouldn't make it a regular thing.

#39 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

Living in the UK I'm gonna have to rely on the Kindness of other forum members to help me get my hands on one.

#40 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Int shipping is also ridiculously high right now. To ship 3 figures to the UK it was about $20. I also think that the forms are another issue especially for a mail away figure. I think alot of the bigger companies can do it because they usually have offices in other countries that they can ship one supply to and then ship the stuff "locally."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users