Racer_X's Content

There have been 13 items by Racer_X (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#92308 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 20 November 2017 - 05:18 PM in Everything else.

Regarding regular issues, I too have yet to receive issues 96, 97, 105, 108, and 109.  However, since many of us seem to be in the same boat for the same issues, I have to think that there is a method to their madness and that we'll eventually receive regular issues.  For ever time they've skipped over an issue or two, I've eventually received them.

Also, they do seem to charge me regularly for at least 1 issue; in the last two years, the greatest number of days between one invoice and the next is 48 days, with the average being 25 or so.  I know that US Eaglemoss gets a lot of grief - and rightfully so - but it's not like they've forgotten me for months at a time.  Clearly they're dropping the ball on the specials, but that's a bit more manageable.

#92290 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 19 November 2017 - 08:20 PM in Everything else.

Are their any US subscribers who are still waiting for various specials?  Checking my spreadsheet, the last one I received was the USS Kelvin in Feb 2016.  I haven't seen the Jellyfish, Swarm Ship, or K-7 space station, all of which we should have received, per what the Eaglemoss website says for them.  I'm not a big NuTrek fan, so that's probably why I didn't miss the first two, but I definitely want K-7.  I'll probably give them a call this week; I've always had good success with them when I called.  Thanks!

#90680 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 22 August 2017 - 10:23 PM in Everything else.

Just got a shipment email for issue 93, ECS Horizon, which had been skipped over back in May.  For me, that leaves just 96 & 97 as still to be shipped on the regular subscription, where I'm up to 102/103.  Also outstanding are any potential specials that I should have received as a sub (My last special received was the NX-01 refit back in May 2016).

#90422 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 01 August 2017 - 04:24 AM in Everything else.

I'm still waiting on 93, 96, and 97.  I'm also unclear if I'm to receive the USS Franklin or not automatically.  All other Kelvinverse ships were sent automatically.  On 4/23, I received an email with this comment: "Note to STSS subscribers: The USS Franklin will be automatically offered to Star Trek Starships Collection subscribers. Look out for your Special Edition service emails."  I read that as "Not automatic", but there was never a follow-up email from them on this subject.  I've read how other US folks have received recent specials without asking for them, so not sure what to do here.

#90162 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 11 July 2017 - 04:26 PM in Everything else.

I have not received those issues, either.

#88632 Lego Star Trek

Posted by Racer_X on 22 February 2017 - 01:52 PM in Everything else.

There's a guy out there who sells instructions of his own LEGO creations, and one of his themes is Star Trek.  His sets use the standard-size LEGO Minifigure scale, so if you want to get a sense of what real LEGO Star Trek sets might look like, check out his image gallery below.  Considering he's only using available LEGO bricks, I think he's done a good job; I'm especially impressed with the bridge and engineering sets. 

http://www.baronsat.net/Pages5/P5.html

#88417 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 12 February 2017 - 10:49 AM in Everything else.

After receiving issues 83 & 84 in mid-December, just this week I received issues 86 & 87 (I'm a US customer).  For some reason they skipped 85.  I sent an e-mail to customer support but it's been 4 days and there's been no response yet.  Did this happen to anyone else?  And does anyone know what happened?

I'm in similar boat, except that for me I got 83 & 85, and 86 & 87.  84 has still not shipped out to me yet.  When I called them recently, they said they didn't have enough stock of 84 so decided to continue sending issues so there wouldn't be a delay.  Ok, that's a fair approach, but it still frustrates me, as I'm an original subscriber, so they should know how many ships to produce so they can send them out to subs in a timely fashion.  To add insult to injury, # 84 is in-stock on their website! (As well as Amazon and Entertainment Earth).  I think that subscribers should really receive their items before they go up for sale on any web storefront.

#88066 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 15 January 2017 - 11:08 AM in Everything else.

If Eaglemoss is willing and able to do some non-canon designs, such as Probert's Enterprise-C or Jefferies Phase II Enteprise, I wonder if that could open the door for some of Franz Joseph's Star Trek Technical Manual ships.  I realize that his work isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for someone like myself who continually pored over that book in the 70s, it would be a hoot to see those as part of the collection. 

#87972 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 04 January 2017 - 03:58 PM in Everything else.

Did I miss something?  I just received my latest shipment, and see that it contains #83, Bajoran Troop Transport, and #85, Federation Holoship.  What happened to #84, the NX-Alpha?  I don't think this is a packaging error, as in hindsight, the tracking email stated the shipment included 83 & 85.  Anyone else not get 84?

#87784 Mega Bloks 2016 USS Enterprise (TOS)

Posted by Racer_X on 12 December 2016 - 05:56 PM in Everything else.

I don't know if anyone is still interested in getting their hands on the Mega Bloks Enterprise set, but I stumbled upon it at Amazon, and it's currently $138, 45% off the $250 list price.  According to CamelCamelCamel, it's been going down steadily since mid-November.  It'll be interesting to see just how far down it goes, or if it jumps back up to full-price suddenly.

#87765 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 08 December 2016 - 11:52 AM in Everything else.

Ben Robinson just tweeted a pic of the USS Kyushu.

CzK35d0WQAE6izf.jpg

#87759 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 07 December 2016 - 05:40 PM in Everything else.

I just received the Designing Starships book here in Denver, so keep an eye out if you ordered one.  I didn't get a shipment email ahead of time, so it was a pleasant surprise.

#87686 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Racer_X on 21 November 2016 - 09:13 PM in Everything else.

Just received the SS Yorktown.  Sadly, it had a premature saucer separation while pulling it out of the box.  What glues are recommended to put her back together?  Is superglue adequate?