Photo

Ebay Seller warning

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:37 PM

Just a heads up. Ebay Seller "baystatecomics" should not be dealt with. It has been over a month and I still havn't received the item I won. I paid for it as soon as I won it which was the day before they do thier weekly shipping. When I contacted them about it the first time (two weeks later) I was told that they were going to ship it out the following thursday via UPS, well it has now been over two weeks since that time and still nothing. I have tried several times to get in touch with them and nothing. After reading through several pages of feedback I found that he has several negative fedbacks for the same type of thing. (yes I know I should have read them first).

#2 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

Just an update:

I finaly got in touch with this guy (after I filed a complaint with ebay) and he was very apologetic and said that he was going to throw in an extra figure to apologize. So that means that I have been waiting over a month and he had not even packaged my item up yet. It sucks that it took me contacting ebay about it to get a response. I did get a UPS tracking number today though.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:37 PM

cut him no slack!!

#4 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:53 AM

sphiatt

I bought a Master Replicas scaled saber from this guy and didn't hear anything for weeks, even though I paid for expedited shipping.

E-mails were ignored, and finally I contacted PayPal to initiate a dispute. Only then, two months later did he respond and send me my stuff. No reason or apology offered.

Here's where it gets good: I left him bad feedback. I'd never left bad feedback for anyone, but it seemed warranted and I wanted to warn people.

So, he left me bad feedback of "Hard to please. BEWARE!" Then he e-mailed me that he'd remove his bad feedback if I remove what I left for him.

I told him where to go and that I'd wear my bad feedback as a badge of honor.

Don't buy from this guy, regardless of how good the deals seem. I should have examined his feedback more closely. His high volume hides the high number of unhappy customers.

(I'm still fuming and this was months ago.)

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:00 AM

Yep, that is exactly what I am going through. I saw how he would leave bad feedback for people when they left it for him after all of this started going down. Hopefully my package will get here on Thursday like it is suppossed to and I can be done with him.

#6 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:11 AM

Just a general warning and not about any seller in particular.

A salutory warning!

In case you didn't know, it is possible to fake good feedback.

My husband 'won' a set of Global knives from a seller that had 100% positive feedback. The seller wanted payment by postal order (this seller was in the UK) which you have to purchase and send on to the seller. You cannot rescind this method of payment and you have no protection like you do with PayPal, but because the seller had a lot of positive feedback, my husband was taken in...to the tune of

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:47 AM

For those of you receiving negative retaliation feedback, you used to be able to make your own personal response to feedback on your account. I had a guy pull some stuff with me one time too. I left negative because he didn't have my merchandise and wouldn't make a refund. He turned around and said, in a negative feedback, that I was mean and vindictive. I left a response, which shows up on my feedback profile, stating it was retaliation. That way, at least members know what the situation was. Check it out and see if they still have that option.

-EDIT-

If you scroll down to the bottom of your feedback profile, there is a "Reply to feedback received" link under "Where would you like to go next." You need to know the sellers user ID or the item number.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, I had one of those retaliation feedbacks awhile back and got to leave a message about it. I find it sad that you have to actually file a complaint in order to get a response from these people.

#9 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:58 PM

I gather it is best, with dodgy sellers, to demand they leave you feedback first in order for you to leave them anything positive.

Then when you get your feedback...BAM...you can slam them! biggrin.gif

I haven't used eBay in a long time due to the trouble it caused me years ago. Mainly due to the large number of money I was spending! but also after being screwed around on the same figure THREE times!
Bloody Buggery Dumbledore!

#10 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Dec 19 2006, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gather it is best, with dodgy sellers, to demand they leave you feedback first in order for you to leave them anything positive.

Sure, but generally sellers don't work that way. And if you specifically ask a seller to do this, especially after they screwed you over, they'll know what you're up to and just refuse.

I think the seller should be required to provide feedback first. Since the buyer completes his part of the transaction first, he should get feedback first.

Sadly, that's almost never what happens.

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

This is how I do it now. I leave feedback only if it is left for me first ... when I am buying. I don't ask and I don't hound them about it. Sometimes a seller will let me know that they work like that and I will wait until the transaction is completed before sending anything.

I think two things need to be fixed on e-Bay - sellers need to leave feedback first - sellers should not be able to gouge for shipping charges!

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:24 PM

Well I finaly got my package and everything was what it was supposed to be. It was the Summit Maroon Troi figure. The guy also threw in an extra figure "for my trouble" which was an AGT Riker (that I already have). I am glad it is over and done with and I actualy got what I was supposed to get. It was still a pain in my butt. I was going to leave negative feedback for him but after looking trough his feed back and all I know he would retaliate by leaving me a negative and I just dont want to deal with that. Looks Like I will have an AGT Riker up for trade soon.

#13 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:29 PM

Glad it worked out JMW. I think its wise just to let things be with the feedback. Loosing one now and then isn't gonna hurt anything.

#14 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

Well, looks like I'm going through some eBay Angst myself now....

I won an Auction for a set of Used Voyager DVD's

All seven seasons in one shot.

The Seller had a really low feedback count so I told him I'd pay extra for tracking and insurance, and he said he was happy to add it for the shipping cost.

He was pretty open with the e-mails, but here it is 1 month later and no DVD's, No tracking number, no e-mail replies and now I see he's no longer listed as a registerd user.

I'm gonna try the dispute process and see if that either wakes him up or I get some of my cash back...

He only took a Postal MO so that has me worried... but eBay only says I need proof of payment and it can't be through a paypal competitor so maybe I'll get some cash back, but I'm not holding my breath... has any one else successfully navigated the dispute process and actually gotten something back from eBay?

#15 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

The more I read these the more lucky I feel. It's been along time since I had any problems, but I sure have had them. I just stay on them. E-mail every few days until you get your stuff. I also hate to do it but I say it's a birthday present and if they don't get here soon, they won't be in time. Where did I put that evil smile?

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

yeah, This is the first "Concern" I've had in years.

I really don't want to believe that this guy did this on purpose, as he even told me when it was shipped... and it really could be delayed... I sent something over the Holidays Priority mail and it took Three weeks!

I just wanted him to send me the tracking number as promised... and if he truely inssured it then no one will be out any cash, so it may end up ok, but I took a bit of risk on that auction and I knew it. Usually if the won't take paypal or a credit card I won't make the purchase...

But I was on such a good role for getting all my Trek DVD's for a good price that I may have pushed it too far and gotten bitten!

Live and Learn I guese.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hopefully you can get this resolved. I havn't ever had to go all the way with a dispute. It seems like starting the process usualy scares them enough to get in contact. Just keep on them.

#18 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

Well... I got word that the claim was resolved on my behalf today, which is a good/bad thing.

After eBay takes their cut of the dispute I'm basically still out $65, but the plus side is I got the majority of my cash back...

I'll have to chalk it up to a $65 leason... but it could have been a $240 leason.

The person was obviously runninga scam and hit several other people (who are looking to come out loosing more). So I'm glad it was resolved in my favor, but really wanted the person to do what they promised.

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:52 PM

I am glad to hear that it was at least partialy resolved and you didn't get scammed out of the whole amount. People like that get whats coming to them eventualy though.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

hobbyplanetinternational

Be careful of this guy. Never went through an actual transaction with the company but asked him a simple question of "Can you ship the figure loose to lower the shipping charge?" and the dude was a complete jerk emailing me back how he doesnt do that and how he doesnt have ttime to be opening toys up. I then emailed him back stating how I didnt think it was an absurd request and how I thought his rude comment was uncalled for and he started going into how he was going to forward the email to ebay about defamation. A Real jerwad. Looking at his feedback he should really stop emailing me and start shipping his products because he has numerous negatives/neutrals for slow shipping!

Oh well just thought Id let people know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users